The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 08-06-2014, 02:35 PM   #21
iceberg325
Random Punk

I picked it up yesterday after work. So far, Im about 6 missions in and its a diablo-lite game. Dungeon crawler with the turtles. Theres loot and levels, as well as skills. April stands in the lair giving you side missions. I have yet to unlock any though. Each turtle has their own specialty. Mike can tag an enemy, and while that enemy is tagged, he takes more damage. He also does better against ranged enemies. Donnie has an A.O.E that stuns enemies and is best against groups of enemies. Ralph is the bruiser who can break through boulders etc, he is also good against the bigger enemies. I forgot what leo's ability is, but he is good against enemies with shields.

So far the game is way better than I expected. graphics are OK but the gameplay is fun. its a very standard dungeon crawl. So if you're into that, and love the turtles, I'd say go for it.
iceberg325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:12 PM   #22
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceberg325 View Post
I picked it up yesterday after work. So far, Im about 6 missions in and its a diablo-lite game. Dungeon crawler with the turtles. Theres loot and levels, as well as skills. April stands in the lair giving you side missions. I have yet to unlock any though. Each turtle has their own specialty. Mike can tag an enemy, and while that enemy is tagged, he takes more damage. He also does better against ranged enemies. Donnie has an A.O.E that stuns enemies and is best against groups of enemies. Ralph is the bruiser who can break through boulders etc, he is also good against the bigger enemies. I forgot what leo's ability is, but he is good against enemies with shields.

So far the game is way better than I expected. graphics are OK but the gameplay is fun. its a very standard dungeon crawl. So if you're into that, and love the turtles, I'd say go for it.
Yeah, Its got your typical Action RPG elements where you do some crafting and upgrading your weapons, I havent gotten very far in the game, I just fought Master Splinter a short time ago, So I'm assuming the Rat King is in the game since, You fight a ton of Rats.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:37 AM   #23
Chris_a_Bunga
Foot Soldier

anyone seen an official review on it? I am interested to hear what ign and people give it. It'd be funny if they gave it a better rating than the movie itself similar to the x men origins wolverine game. I want to see the movie before playing it as well, but I am thinking I might pick it up, luckily prices aren't bad on 3ds games
Chris_a_Bunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 07:42 AM   #24
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

action rpg elements you say?
crafting you say?

I... am actually considering getting this now. I might go to gamestop in a few and try to get a copy i guess...

a tmnt rpg is what i have wanted so badly for years. this may not be quite that but it definitely sounds like it's among the closest we have ever gotten.

Last edited by Zulithe; 08-07-2014 at 07:49 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:54 AM   #25
chrisdude
Foot Elite

Crap. For some reason, I thought this was coming out Friday. I guess I'll buy it, today.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 AM   #26
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
action rpg elements you say?
crafting you say?

I... am actually considering getting this now. I might go to gamestop in a few and try to get a copy i guess...

a tmnt rpg is what i have wanted so badly for years. this may not be quite that but it definitely sounds like it's among the closest we have ever gotten.
Its not a full on Action RPG, but its got those elements, Like leveling Up, The Crafting of your weapons, a Shop where you buy stuff, Its got Side Missions, Its got Challenges, In the game you can play as each Turtle at any time, Pressing the D-Pad lets you choose the Turtle in the middle of the game, So if One of the Turtles is low on Energy, I go to the other one with the most, but if you buy enough Pizza or find any, You can get energy back from it.

Each Turtle has a particular skill that's needed to progress through the game, Donnie is needed to hack a control panel, Raph is needed to smash a bolder that's in the way.

As you level Up, Your given a certain number of Skill Points, That you can use to upgrade each of the Turtle's skills, And you assign that skill with one of the buttons.
Old 08-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #27
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

kay snagged the game at target. 29.99 minus the RED Card 5% discount. I'll be diving into it over the next few days.

As long as it's better than the Nick game they made... I'll be happy with this purchase.

also... you can get 50 coins for registering this at club nintendo for the time being. not bad for a 29.99 game.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #28
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
kay snagged the game at target. 29.99 minus the RED Card 5% discount. I'll be diving into it over the next few days.

As long as it's better than the Nick game they made... I'll be happy with this purchase.

also... you can get 50 coins for registering this at club nintendo for the time being. not bad for a 29.99 game.
I think you'll like it.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:24 PM   #29
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Here's proof that Sachs was going to be Shredder in the movie and was Karai's father
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (97.8 KB, 115 views)
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #30
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I been playing more of this game, As you play through, You level up and then you can upgrade your weapon through crafting.

I'm at the parts where Baxter Stockman is involved, I fought the Rat King a little while ago, He looks kind of like the old school Rat King.

as far as Voice acting is concern, Its very limited, You hear the Turtles repeat some lines, But you still have to read the Text to get the story.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #31
snake
Disgusting

Someone post pics of Rat King/Stockman/ Any villains please.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 12:59 PM   #32
iceberg325
Random Punk

Quote:

Much better than the Nick game. I played that game for about 10 mins and I couldn't stomach it. The only thing I like about that game that this one doesn't have is, you get all 4 turtles on screen at once. This game, its just one at a time. You can change to whichever one you want at any time though.
iceberg325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 08:06 PM   #33
raphmike
Foot Soldier

i did play tmnt game lot of time use mikey and donnie because jump over
and fast other raph and leo slow and wont jump.
raphmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 09:30 PM   #34
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphmike View Post
i did play tmnt game lot of time use mikey and donnie because jump over
and fast other raph and leo slow and wont jump.
Though the Turtles upgrade over time and become better, But you still have to rely on them for certain things, Like you have to use Donnie to unlock doors from a control panel, Mikey in order to go down an opening on the floor, And raph to knock some boulders out of the way.
Old 08-08-2014, 10:27 PM   #35
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm at the part where now, Where you fight Slash, But hes hard, It seems like his Shield comes back up.

Manage to beat Slash, Needed Shields to protect me.

Last edited by TigerClaw; 08-08-2014 at 11:07 PM.
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 04:53 PM   #36
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm at the final mission against the Shredder, but it appears to be a long Boss Battle, He changes to other Bosses that you fight earlier in the game, So I dont really know how long the Battle actually is, I was fighting him for a while until the game suddenly froze on me.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:18 PM   #37
Ninjinister
無問題

Slash was a bunch of hit and run tactics with Mikey but when he reeled me in, if I didn't gtfo after the first hit, he murdered me pretty much instantly. It was ridiculous. Never got a Game Over ever in this game 'til I got to him and I got it three times against him.

Am I the only one the game's glitched out on? Like... I had a few times when doors refused to open, like the second wave of enemies in a room where you needed to beat them to open it spawned. And the first time I got something like that, I flipped a switch, opened the door then as I approached it the door closed before I could go through and I couldn't hit the switch again.
Old 08-10-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
sluggedup226
Foot Soldier

Finished the side missions, now just have two more challenges to complete. Has anybody figured out any of the cheats yet?
sluggedup226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #39
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

Downloaded this one for my Gateway 3DS card but haven't had a chance to check it out yet. Looking forward to seeing it, but not expecting much from it.
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #40
Shift
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluggedup226 View Post
Here's proof that Sachs was going to be Shredder in the movie and was Karai's father
"You know", right? XD

Of course, it's obvious if one says it like Erik-u Sack-y.
Shift is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activision, tmnt movie 3ds game, video games