The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2022, 02:05 PM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 6,025
Mezco One:12 Collective Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

If you've been collecting in recent years you know this is an amazing line! These are going to be beautiful

https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status...03798823002122



Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:07 PM   #2
Juicexct
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: CT
Posts: 136
I hope they are individual releases.
Juicexct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:11 PM   #3
Robogeek1973
Thug
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: Rotterdam NY
Posts: 72
I was just about to cave on the Super7 Turtles, but guess I'll be holding off for now until I can find out more about these guys.
Robogeek1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:22 PM   #4
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 900
Eh, how many versions of the same turtles do we need????
teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:37 PM   #5
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist
 
Tuxedo Moroboshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Battle Nexus
Posts: 1,085
The TMNT license is really being stretched thin, I gotta say. Still... I really dig the look of these. Well... except for the texture of their skin. It's kind of making them look a bit aged/old.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #6
King Kahn
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Eh, how many versions of the same turtles do we need????
at least one more.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 04:21 PM   #7
King Kahn
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 629
I am more curious on the extras they come with, that will let me know if I need this set. Otherwise the neca mirage ones are just as good for right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicexct View Post
I hope they are individual releases.
I bet it will be a 4 pack like their ghostbuster set and warrior set.

Either way I am fine but one at a time is def less of a hit to the old wallet.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:14 PM   #8
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
how many inches is a 1/12 scale?
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:33 PM   #9
terrorblade
Foot Soldier
 
terrorblade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidergreg View Post
how many inches is a 1/12 scale?
6 inch scale, so the turtles would probably be around 5'-5'1/2" inches.
terrorblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:38 PM   #10
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,891
They look good but Mezco One:12 is expensive. Normally that can be justified with their soft goods tailoring but that's not the case here. Without that element I'm not sure these will be worth the $80-100 each asking price they'll almost certainly carry.

Honestly, I'm a little surprised they went with the traditional look over putting more of their own spin on them with IDW style wraps and stuff that could use soft goods.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 09:30 AM   #11
DonnieLaForge
Mad Scientist
 
DonnieLaForge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Secret Sewer Lair
Posts: 1,011
I mean...can you blame them? Now that I have seen how much money y'all are throwing at anything green wearing a bandana, I have half a mind to launch my own $500 per turtle series with articulated eyeballs for an extra +2 points of artic. I know you'll be in for the full series just as long as I make it seem like I might one day do [random character X that you just can't live without from obscure comic book issue].

Actually why am I going to that much work. Y'all are throwing $500 at ugly 0-points bootlegs molded in solid color resin on eBay, too.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 12:50 PM   #12
Otter
Stone Warrior
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Australia
Posts: 724
I get that Mezco has its fans, but these aren't "specific" enough for me. Super7 is "modernising" the old Playmates toys, and NECA are recreating comics and cartoons. These kind of remind me of Mondo's efforts, but those were obviously 12" scaled Mirage/Playmates hybrids. I guess these are Mezco/Playmates hybrids?

Thankfully I'm not into them. My plate is pretty full already.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 12:59 PM   #13
teemu
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA
Posts: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I get that Mezco has its fans, but these aren't "specific" enough for me. Super7 is "modernising" the old Playmates toys, and NECA are recreating comics and cartoons. These kind of remind me of Mondo's efforts, but those were obviously 12" scaled Mirage/Playmates hybrids. I guess these are Mezco/Playmates hybrids?

Thankfully I'm not into them. My plate is pretty full already.
they definitely look like playmates...

We got NECA and Super7 already making the best turtles figures. Just another money grab line to buy the same repeated **** again, but with Mezco's name slapped on it, while forking out $420 for the set. (and you know they are not going to sell these individually as they didn't with the fantastic four and ghostbusters sets)
teemu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 02:45 PM   #14
inaheap
Mad Scientist
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,148
My concern is more that it seems like Mezco is really struggling to get their non-in-house licenses produced in a timely manner. Been waiting since January 2020 for 89 Batman. I have seen a number of people complaining about waits on figures. Also if I was just going by the promo pics these are too much like my NECA mirage turtles to be worth the double-dip, especially at Mezco prices. That might change depending on the entire package when it's revealed.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #15
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
My concern is more that it seems like Mezco is really struggling to get their non-in-house licenses produced in a timely manner. Been waiting since January 2020 for 89 Batman. I have seen a number of people complaining about waits on figures. Also if I was just going by the promo pics these are too much like my NECA mirage turtles to be worth the double-dip, especially at Mezco prices. That might change depending on the entire package when it's revealed.
Wow, that Batman figure looks incredible. Must be an exhausting wait. I may have to pay after-market prices to get my hands on one.

Much more impressive than these tmnt figures, imo.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2022, 03:18 PM   #16
inaheap
Mad Scientist
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Wow, that Batman figure looks incredible. Must be an exhausting wait. I may have to pay after-market prices to get my hands on one.

Much more impressive than these tmnt figures, imo.
Been a few people selling their preorders for him. Tired of waiting and trying to get out of paying the non-refundable deposit. He's paid for so for now I'll just keep waiting.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:16 AM   #17
leolao
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: LA Sewer
Posts: 32
Yeah, I thought Mezco will do something more original like the DreamEx turtles

leolao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 07:22 AM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 6,025
A big problem with Mezco, at least from my personal perspective, is they put most of their priority on their owned IP and less on licensed figures.

They are releasing lots of original characters (and variants of them) in their one:12 line, and these figures tend to release very shortly after announcement... plus there is simply MORE of them than licensed figures

This is quite a change from where the one:12 line began, when it was mostly licensed figures.

People are going to like what they like, but I don't have any interest in their home-grown IP stuff. I am there to buy really good DC, Marvel, and other comic, movie, and tv licensed figures. They pack their homegrown IP figures with LOTS of accessories, but if I don't care about the character then I just am not going to buy it. I don't have the extra budget and space to buy something "just because it looks cool" -- I'm attracted to figures because I like the property or story they come from.

But the thing a lot of these toy companies are doing now is making up their own IP, like Mythic Legions and Rumble Society, because frankly, they own it so there is a lot more money in it for them. But... so far none of it has attracted me. Because again, I am there for the connection, and ... there is no connection.

I am excited to learn more about these TMNT, such as what alternate parts and accessories we will see in the box(s). Most people are confident this will be a four pack like they did with Ghostbusters and Fantastic Four. Very possible, but I don't think we know for sure yet.

Anyway, what I am getting at with the licensed vs. homegrown IP figures is that since they are putting so much priority on their homegrown IP items, it's really difficult to guess when these might actually release. I think we might not even get them in hand until early 2024 the way things have been going.

Last edited by Zulithe; 02-22-2022 at 07:29 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:28 PM   #19
inaheap
Mad Scientist
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
A big problem with Mezco, at least from my personal perspective, is they put most of their priority on their owned IP and less on licensed figures.

They are releasing lots of original characters (and variants of them) in their one:12 line, and these figures tend to release very shortly after announcement... plus there is simply MORE of them than licensed figures

This is quite a change from where the one:12 line began, when it was mostly licensed figures.

People are going to like what they like, but I don't have any interest in their home-grown IP stuff. I am there to buy really good DC, Marvel, and other comic, movie, and tv licensed figures. They pack their homegrown IP figures with LOTS of accessories, but if I don't care about the character then I just am not going to buy it. I don't have the extra budget and space to buy something "just because it looks cool" -- I'm attracted to figures because I like the property or story they come from.

But the thing a lot of these toy companies are doing now is making up their own IP, like Mythic Legions and Rumble Society, because frankly, they own it so there is a lot more money in it for them. But... so far none of it has attracted me. Because again, I am there for the connection, and ... there is no connection.

I am excited to learn more about these TMNT, such as what alternate parts and accessories we will see in the box(s). Most people are confident this will be a four pack like they did with Ghostbusters and Fantastic Four. Very possible, but I don't think we know for sure yet.

Anyway, what I am getting at with the licensed vs. homegrown IP figures is that since they are putting so much priority on their homegrown IP items, it's really difficult to guess when these might actually release. I think we might not even get them in hand until early 2024 the way things have been going.
This is why I may just wait and buy on the aftermarket; if at all. It'll cost more. But no tying up money for years.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 03:44 PM   #20
sdp
Megan Fox = April
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,999
I always wanted either the dreamex or Mondo TMNT figures done in 1:12 since I have no use of 1:6 figures. But they never did, these seem just as good a nice mix of mirage/playmates/other influences into a nice hybrid like the dreamex/mondo were but in 1:12.

They'll be expensive but it's exactly what I want.NECA and Super 7 are doing great with their lines but I prefer something more original not tied to a specific universe.

Last edited by sdp; 07-28-2023 at 09:20 AM.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.