The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-02-2024, 08:07 PM   #101
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

These just aren’t $400 figs to me. The accessories are cool and a couple of the headsculpts aren’t bad but definitely not worth the price tag. NECA still rules all. Sorry but fact. These aren’t Mirage to me either so not sure why the box art is indicating that they are. Just looks like some new artist interpretation.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 08:50 PM   #102
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
These just aren’t $400 figs to me. The accessories are cool and a couple of the headsculpts aren’t bad but definitely not worth the price tag. NECA still rules all. Sorry but fact. These aren’t Mirage to me either so not sure why the box art is indicating that they are. Just looks like some new artist interpretation.
The beauty of TMNT collecting these days is there are so many options for everyone, and so many different price points and scales. Mezco One:12 collectors are their own breed and not everyone wants their style of figures, or their price points. But at 400 for the set... if you break down each figure and the accessories that go with each figure, the pricing is in line with their other stuff (around 90 to 120 per figure, depending)

As for the style, to me I think they were going heavily for a Mirage inspired style only with the different colored bandanas, because that's probably what will sell the best. They always put their own spin on whatever they do so it's not 100% trying to be pulled from the Mirage pages, but you can feel where they got most of their inspiration from. There's also some Playmates in there and some 1990 movie, probably more.

I think it's very possible they could do alternate versions that feature different colors and accessories, if they think they will sell. They have done this with lots of their other figures. Will they do B&W versions? Will they do all red bandana versions? Those are the sort of thing I can see happening.

Last edited by Zulithe; 03-02-2024 at 09:04 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 11:28 AM   #103
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

30 min video review.

Old 03-04-2024, 01:49 AM   #104
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

an example of some of the articulated poses you can pull of with these.

Old 03-04-2024, 08:54 AM   #105
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Don't get the haters, some seem to be jealous of them and since they're pricey they just bash them. They look like great figures. Yeah the other copanies have made great figures too at different price ranges, they all have pros and cons, but in general they're all solid figures. I don't mind paying more for a mroe premium product and this is the closest to the exact look I wanted out of my figures. I don't mind paying more for a premium product and can't wait to get them with that said..

Now counting they are $400 of course we can nitpick, in fact I'm still mad Donatello didn't get a better outfit. A lab coat or even just another trench coat in a different shade would've been better. Some of the alternate heads could've been more different, some of them look so similar that it's disappointing. I also feel it could've included a few more weapons, a second bo for donnie, chained chuks for mikey etc. I don't think Raph can hold his sai's between his fingers either. I wish they had tails and that the body sculpts were a bit more different from each other, sharing scars just seems weird even if they tried to switch them up a bit.

I wanted a Shredder for them to fight, the best one I found seemed to be Super Shredder by Loyal Subjects. I had been looking for a good Shredder but couldn't find one I liked. NECA's are too based on those universes and only fit with those figures (cartoon/movie), Super7 is too naked, Green Ranger Shredder has a giraffe neck if you take off the Dragon Shield. Loyal Subjects seemed to get everything right. Now I need an April/Casey but don't like any of those.
Hope we get more figures soon from Mezco, I know Casey was teased.
Spoiler:
I hope the belt sagging is not a big issue if you put it correctly. I personally love the turtles, I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product. I love how these look, they'll be my main turtle figures. As much as I liked the NECA, Figuarts/Ultimates and other lines, these just represent more of what I thought the TMNT were as a kid (basically the mirage inspired Playmates artwork/first wave).
Can't wait for mine to arrive, not cancelling at all.
Hope Casey Jones has some cool stuff with it, I won't mind paying $100 for him either. Hope Shredder gets confirmed. It's all I need. If we get april/splinter then even better but I'd be happy if we just get Shredder.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:09 AM   #106
IMJ
Emperor

So do these have the rubber skin over the joints like the Batman '89 and the old Art Asylum Dark Angel toys did?
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 11:46 AM   #107
mikey see
Mad Scientist

The more I see of these, the more they remind of the 2012 Playmates figures with a dark wash that a bunch of people were doing at the time. They just look overly dirty and muddy. I get that they're going for "gritty" but throwing a dark wash over everything is about the laziest way to get there in my opinion.

Still a neat package overall, still glad I didn't buy the.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 04:26 PM   #108
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
The more I see of these, the more they remind of the 2012 Playmates figures with a dark wash that a bunch of people were doing at the time. They just look overly dirty and muddy. I get that they're going for "gritty" but throwing a dark wash over everything is about the laziest way to get there in my opinion.

Still a neat package overall, still glad I didn't buy the.
Me too - they are cool and I can see why some people would love them. But glad I didn't shell out the cash for these this time.... There is so much TMNT on the market I just don't see these as "must haves". But truly, congrats to anyone who dug in, picked them up and love them!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 01:34 AM   #109
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Another review!?

Sure why not

this time by D Amazing who is known for his Mezco reviews and often gets early samples from them to review.

Old 03-06-2024, 05:21 AM   #110
frank_one
Mad Scientist

One of the alternate heads for each turtle should have had the red mask. Also, like mikey_see said they look overly dirty.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 05:43 PM   #111
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
One of the alternate heads for each turtle should have had the red mask. Also, like mikey_see said they look overly dirty.
Funny enough, I just ran across someone that gave them a Mirage paintjob, and it looks pretty cool! I kinda feel like the wash works with this style a bit, but that could just be me.

Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2024, 08:23 AM   #112
Raptor86
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
One of the alternate heads for each turtle should have had the red mask.
Nah, I am sure they reserved that to make a new set with all red bandanas.

Like they did for Conan, I am sure they are going to re-use these molds at least once more.
Old 03-18-2024, 02:29 AM   #113
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Old 03-21-2024, 03:33 PM   #114
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

EE is now 'processing' my Mezco One:12 turtles.
Old 03-21-2024, 09:07 PM   #115
j3h
Hench Mutant

Was just coming on to say the same thing about EE.
Looking forward to getting these.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 11:19 AM   #116
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

They’re going to double dip and release a true Mirage colors version and all of you with custom painted ones or just the normal colored masks are going to be mad.

Best articulated turtles? Sure, maybe. Best all around Mirage turtles? Not even close. Glad I have $400 extra for Haulathon but I’ll bite when when they release th Mirage version.
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 12:12 PM   #117
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

They're cool, but not a "must own" for me.
Old 03-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #118
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
They’re going to double dip and release a true Mirage colors version and all of you with custom painted ones or just the normal colored masks are going to be mad.
If it's the same set just with all red bandanas then no, I won't be mad. I actually like the blue/red/orange/purple versions.

If they do another set with very different accessories, heads, or whatever, and it's VERY cool, then I might be irritated that I'm tempted to spend another 400... but again, not really mad, since it's 'different' and not 'better'

Now, if they pull what they did with their first Joker figure and release a DX version that's better in every way, with more accessories and **** only it's the same figures only BETTER, then yeah, I might be mad, but I don't think they have ever done that with a multipack before. I am hopefully safe

What gets me is all the people who come into this thread just to say how they think these aren't the best or not worth the price... we get it, you don't want to spend $400 on a set of turtles, most fans won't. But you come off sounding pretty salty, honestly.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:40 PM   #119
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Dare I say it? They almost look like custom figures. I like the body shape with the big hands and feet but I think it's the paint job. I don't know.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 06:34 PM   #120
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

pic of the four turtles next to the new mezco One:12 Golden Age Batman