The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-24-2024, 09:31 AM   #121
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Dare I say it? They almost look like custom figures. I like the body shape with the big hands and feet but I think it's the paint job. I don't know.
They are so overtextured that they are "wrinkley".
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2024, 01:00 PM   #122
I Crave Pizza No More
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
They are so overtextured that they are "wrinkley".
The Goodsmile set was the same way, and yet those are now highly sought after.

Not saying it's how I prefer them to look, but it's an attempt to do something different, which I appreciate given how many figures are now just rehashing old designs or trying to evoke a certain version of the turtles.
I Crave Pizza No More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 09:05 AM   #123
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Crave Pizza No More View Post
The Goodsmile set was the same way, and yet those are now highly sought after.

Not saying it's how I prefer them to look, but it's an attempt to do something different, which I appreciate given how many figures are now just rehashing old designs or trying to evoke a certain version of the turtles.
Yeah - pretty much agreed.....
Old 03-25-2024, 10:22 AM   #124
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

The Goodsmile figures had unique designs in general. These to me are an odd mix of styles we’ve seen and doesn’t satisfy any of them for me personally. It’s like it wants to please Mirage + FW fans at same time which usually doesn’t work for me. The wrinkly skin on top just makes it worse.
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:18 AM   #125
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

I dunno. I think these figures look amazing, but it's also one of those situations where I ordered them so long ago and they're selling for so much more than I paid for them... I don't know if I love them enough to not just sell them. Plus space is becoming a real issue with the glut of Turtles and X-Men products.
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 11:57 AM   #126
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I think the texture makes them look like they should have a rubbery feel, similar to the 1990 movie turtles from Playmates. I like that, but they're not rubbery so... I dunno, I bet these would fun to mess around with but like the above poster I think I'd likely sell them rather than have yet another version of the turtles on my shelf/in my closet.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2024, 01:39 PM   #127
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
I think the texture makes them look like they should have a rubbery feel, similar to the 1990 movie turtles from Playmates. I like that, but they're not rubbery so... I dunno, I bet these would fun to mess around with but like the above poster I think I'd likely sell them rather than have yet another version of the turtles on my shelf/in my closet.
Yup that's actually why I was wondering if these shipped "skinned" like the Batman '89 figure's rubber suit.
Old 03-27-2024, 01:27 PM   #128
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Got my set delivered today from Entertainment Earth. Busy working but I did open it to confirm nothing was missing or broken. I saw one person got a faulty box that had two leo and two mikey inside so I sure as heck didn't want that happening to me. All good
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 08:50 AM   #129
BornAgain
Foot Soldier

Any precedents for Mezco doing something like a re-release with red masks?
BornAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 11:20 AM   #130
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I heard rumors of a convention exclusive this year... no hard facts though. I would love if they just released a parts pack for owners of the first pack but that rarely happens. They want the whole bag.
Old 04-01-2024, 11:49 AM   #131
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgain View Post
Any precedents for Mezco doing something like a re-release with red masks?
Absolutely precedent for it - Mezco has milked the Batman sculpts with suit changes, etc. So yup.
Old 04-01-2024, 01:40 PM   #132
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I thought there might be some stock to be had after release date but apparently not, every site that carried these is bone dry. Usually their multipacks are not so hard to acquire after release. So I think that bodes well for some kind of alternate release or 2nd run down the road, since the demand is clearly there. They can't expect to sell as many Caseys or whatever comes after (hopefully Shredder is next in line, at least IMO) if they don't make the turtles easier for people to get to go along with them.
Old 04-14-2024, 02:32 PM   #133
mikey0
Foot Elite

Possible toon turtles tease: https://twitter.com/WrenchNato/statu...75347693982015
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 08:58 PM   #134
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Hrmmm ... okay, I might be down for some toon portrayal Mezco Turtles.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:49 PM   #135
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I’m very happy with my first set so if they do a full toon set, it will have to be extraordinary. Afterall, toon stuff is very well covered by other companies so this lessens the temptation, for me at least.

On the other hand, if they offer this as an accessory add-on pack of some kind I’m more likely to bite.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:54 AM   #136
Dask
Mad Scientist

Toon accessory heads make the Mezco 4 pack appear more appealing but the lanky bodies don't make sense here.

Also, they would have to keep the color gradient the same as the original forest green figures which are way closer to the TMNT film than toon. But, I suppose this is their original take.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 01:58 PM   #137
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
I hate to go against thee Mad Hatter, but I'm pretty sure I saw those somewhere and were a custom set someone was making.

For what it's worth it seems like Mezco can go either way on accessory packs or full reruns/variants. For example, they have done a few skulls head packs and several weapons add-on packs. On the other hand in Rumble Society alone we have 3 versions of Vapor, Over a dozen Gomez, 2 Pink Skulls sets, and a slew of other skulls. Oh and two Mosquatch.

If I bought toon versions I would have to want to replace at least some of my NECA sets. It could happen though; for durability alone. Not saying Mezco's don't break. But my stress-posing Mezco figure is about 1/4 of what it is a NECA.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 07:10 PM   #138
Powder
So tired of this place

No, the alternate Mezco heads are legit. Prototypes from China have been getting into the hands of collectors. Not sure if they're for a future release or something that got scrapped.

Spoiler:
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2024, 09:41 PM   #139
j3h
Hench Mutant

I would not be surprised if a toon variant set ended up being a convention exclusive.
j3h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2024, 04:23 AM   #140
Icegaze
Hench Mutant

I’m so surprised how not much discourse is made on this thread for the Mezco turtles, arguably the greatest collectibles of this franchise.

Absolute classic and I wish I lived in the states. I would have bought these for sure.

From favourite to least favourite turtle in this line: Leo > Raph > Donnie > Mikey.

Last edited by Icegaze; 05-06-2024 at 10:19 AM.
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote