The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 05-20-2022, 03:14 PM   #1
CyberCubed
Overlord

Did Blodgett ever get a new job after being fired from Channel 6?

I don't think he ever appeared again after Season 2. Poor guy, he lived alone in his apartment taking care of his cat Mortimer and he loses his job when it's not his fault. If I remember right, Vernon fired him.

I feel so sorry for Blodgett. It must have been hard making a living in the late 80's.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:20 PM   #2
Icebot
Foot Elite

Yes, Vernon did fire him for sinking the news van. I think he ended up getting his job back at the end of the episode, however, he was told the cost of replacing the van is coming out of his paycheck.

He didn’t have any other appearances so I guess we’ll never know what happened to him.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:23 PM   #3
Prowler
Emperor

He never appeared again or even been mentioned. Who knows.

And more importantly, how come Vernon was the one to fire him? Vernon had enough power and authority in Channel 6 to fire anyone? He's just a newscaster. Clearly behind April in the pecking order. Yet, we never saw April firing anyone.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:26 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

And more importantly, how come Vernon was the one to fire him? Vernon had enough power and authority in Channel 6 to fire anyone? He's just a newscaster. Clearly behind April in the pecking order. Yet, we never saw April firing anyone.
Weirdly Vernon seemed to be second in command sometimes after Burne in Channel 6. It never made sense because as you said, Vernon was just April's cameraman in a lot of episodes. However he did the news himself in other episodes.

Maybe Burne favored him to make decisions when he wasn't around.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:29 PM   #5
Icebot
Foot Elite

Quote:

I think Vernon had some kind of seniority in the early episodes, he was acting a lot like a boss to April and Irma as well as Blodgett. I’m guessing he got demoted, I remember Burne said to Vernon in a much later episode the way you’ve been messing things up, you’re still lucky you have a job! He looked really bad at the end of The Dimension X Story.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:33 PM   #6
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Weirdly Vernon seemed to be second in command sometimes after Burne in Channel 6. It never made sense because as you said, Vernon was just April's cameraman in a lot of episodes. However he did the news himself in other episodes.

Maybe Burne favored him to make decisions when he wasn't around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebot View Post
I think Vernon had some kind of seniority in the early episodes, he was acting a lot like a boss to April and Irma as well as Blodgett. I’m guessing he got demoted, I remember Burne said to Vernon in a much later episode the way you’ve been messing things up, you’re still lucky you have a job! He looked really bad at the end of The Dimension X Story.
And he also fires Bebop and Rocksteady in the season 4 episode. But then Burne reverts it because they inadvertently made a schedule change that would put channel 6 ahead of other networks.

Vernon seemed to be a major ass kisser so I guess we shouldn't be surprised Burne favoured him a lot. In fact, Burne never seemed to like April much, even if she was the face of channel 6 and his best reporter.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:38 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

I love how Channel 6 seemed like a 10 story building and we only know less than 10 people who ever worked there.
Old 05-20-2022, 03:39 PM   #8
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I love how Channel 6 seemed like a 10 story building and we only know less than 10 people who ever worked there.
Yeah. Tbh the news station was attacked fairly often. Who'd want to work there?
Old 05-20-2022, 03:44 PM   #9
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I'm thinking part of Burne knows his two best are April and Vernon so he'll never ever truly fire them, or if he does hel probably call em right back the next time Shredder does something wacky. Dunno bout Irma though but I don't really remember too many instances of Irma pissing him off. I think the few times he yelled at her it was more like she happened to be there while April was getting yelled at so they're both getting yelled at.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 03:47 PM   #10
Prowler
Emperor

April is much more competent than Vernon but doesn't kiss Burne's ass and sometimes goes against his orders. Maybe that's why he doesn't seem to value her as much.

Vernon seems to contribute to a more toxic environment however. He is very jealous of April and has tried to sabotage her before.
Old 05-20-2022, 04:17 PM   #11
neatoman
Emperor

Isn't a bigger question what happened to any of the Channel 6 characters after season 8? April is clearly working for a different news station in the last two seasons.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 06:50 PM   #12
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Yeah. Tbh the news station was attacked fairly often. Who'd want to work there?
Sounds exciting, actually.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 05:14 AM   #13
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Is it just me or does Blodgett kinda look like Peter Laird?
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 09:29 PM   #14
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Sounds exciting, actually.
Usually the journalists who go through exciting and stressful situations are those who cover warzones live. The Channel 6 crew would get into such situations by covering a lot of seemingly mundane stories.

April certainly has had an interesting career. She could write a book about it when she eventually retires.
Old 07-19-2022, 02:23 PM   #15
NeonTurtledude
Hench Mutant

after getting fired, Blodgett probably went on to get a job at a comic book shop, it would've been interesting if he returned to work for shredder, but he's not like Baxter stockman so that would've been unlikely
NeonTurtledude is offline   Reply With Quote