The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Is the Ooze radioactive?
Yes 2 33.33%
No 1 16.67%
I don't have an opinion 3 50.00%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2022, 06:25 PM   #21
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The thing that bothered me about the Mirage ooze is the fact that somehow the mutagen was still in their bloodstream, years after their transformation. It's not like they continue to mutate, barring any outside interference, like Raph being bitten by vampires and what-have-you.

The whole story where Bloodsucker sucked the ooze out of Raph to the point where he turned back to a barely sentient regular turtle.... and then Raph bit him back and sucked out enough ooze so he can mutate back to his older self. Like WTF?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 06:47 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
The thing that bothered me about the Mirage ooze is the fact that somehow the mutagen was still in their bloodstream, years after their transformation. It's not like they continue to mutate, barring any outside interference, like Raph being bitten by vampires and what-have-you.

The whole story where Bloodsucker sucked the ooze out of Raph to the point where he turned back to a barely sentient regular turtle.... and then Raph bit him back and sucked out enough ooze so he can mutate back to his older self. Like WTF?
Yeah... that's more than a little dodgy. Also, how Bloodsucker got full adult-level sentience after only a day or so (though it's implied he's absorbing aspects of what he blobloodsucking, there's that explanation). He's never spoken on that specifically, but I believe that's a big part of why Peter doesn't consider it part of his canon.

I like the story overall, though, personally.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:06 PM   #23
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Frankly, I don't even understand why we're arguing on the basis of how radiation works in real life. If it's a waste product, it's probably radioactive. Why don't they have cancer? Because it's the comic book version of radiation that gives you superpowers instead of cancer. It's the same reason why the Hulk and Daredevil and the Fantastic Four and Captain Atom and Firestorm don't all have cancer. It's such a non-argument that I don't even really understand why it was ever brought up. And it's not like it matters anyways. It's a comic book; ergo, it operates off of comic book science like every other comic book, and if you can't get past how it doesn't line up with "real" science then comic books are probably not your preferred medium.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:10 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Maybe a somewhat better question might be, "Are the Turtles themselves inherently radioactive post-mutation?" Like, if you were to drink their blood even if they were at age 17, would you be giving yourself radiation poisoning?

I don't think so.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 07:12 PM   #25
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Now that I think about it, Bloodsucker is probably the only non-fox mutant to suck Raph off.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 08:01 PM   #26
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Maybe a somewhat better question might be, "Are the Turtles themselves inherently radioactive post-mutation?" Like, if you were to drink their blood even if they were at age 17, would you be giving yourself radiation poisoning?

I don't think so.
I would agree with that. Comic book radiation stops at superpowers and doesn't ever linger, unless it's a supervillian and their power is radiation, or the story is tragic and the hero is a one-off.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote