The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #41
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

First of all, Welcome to the Drome! However, you should really take some time to familiarize yourself with the site. For instance I see you've made a duplicate thread here in the introduction section. Thats fine if you just wanna introduce yourself, but youre diving into a whole other category with this Venus talk. Second of all, there is already a pretty well established thread about your topic:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=41845

Use the Search feature, browse through some of the categories and add relative posts before jumping in and starting your own threads. Because we're all big TMNT fans here and odds are someone else feels the same way you do, but got here first

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:08 PM   #42
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Talking

Thx. i'll look into it
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #43
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Hey there, i'm new to this site and i feel EXACTLY the way you do about her, i can understand how some people find the idea of a 5th Female turtle to be Adequete( sry if i mispell) but i'm not one of 'em and i will never understand what's to like about her.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #44
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Maybe some people like the idea of a magical character, or feel every action hero team needs a female. I always wanted an action girl in the Fred Wolf show, but somehow, I never considered her being a turtle. My brother and I always used to talk about creating a fifth turtle, and we pictured a male with a gun--not exactly a ninja weapon, but back then we didn't really know what a ninja was.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:59 PM   #45
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konchadunga View Post
Maybe some people like the idea of a magical character, or feel every action hero team needs a female. I always wanted an action girl in the Fred Wolf show, but somehow, I never considered her being a turtle. My brother and I always used yo talk about creating a fifth turtle, and we pictured a male with a gun--not exactly a ninja weapon, but back then we didn't really know what a ninja was.
That's what APRIL was for!.In the Comics april o neil was a strong-willed and resourceful ally to the turtles,so in some ways she was the unofficial 5th Turtle of the group.Same goes for Casey Jones.Venus on the other hand was an Underdeveloped,Overpowered and ultimately useless Wannabe.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #46
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtles2k12 View Post
1. She has no redeemable character traits whatsoever
Sure she had, in the context of the show, she was the only turtle that wasn't a complete idiot.

Quote:
2.She was tacked on the show in order to appease whiny feminists
uh.. No.
Quote:
3. She constantly had the REAL turtles depend on her to win their battles
Does that sound like a defendable character? You tell me
Except, she took out the turtles single handedly and defeated Shredder.

Welcome to the forums.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #47
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Sure she had, in the context of the show, she was the only turtle that wasn't a complete idiot.

uh.. No.

Except, she took out the turtles single handedly and defeated Shredder.

Welcome to the forums.
My Apologies, #2 I meant that FOX forcedEastman/Laird to Put her in the show or it wouldn't be made. And while i'm on the topic of Venus not being a complete Idiot, Why was SHE the only competent turtle on the team? And WHY do Venus call Peter Laird "Sexist" for getting rid of her?

Who can blame the guy, she was a HORRENDOUS Character, If they wanted a FIFTH Member to the group so badly why not replace venus with APRIL or CASEY.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:37 PM   #48
Anarchistguy
Mad Scientist

Location: Canada (This country is too peaceful, Something's up...)
The thing that bugged me the most about Venus is the whole: "I'm not a ninja, I'm a shinobi" crap

"When my time comes, I wanna be buried face down, so those who don't like me can kiss my ass!"
Anarchistguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #49
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

which made it all the more hilarious with what Shinobi really is
Old 03-26-2013, 04:59 PM   #50
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
which made it all the more hilarious with what Shinobi really is
That Brings me to ANOTHER thing that Pisses me off about Venus so much. She constantly plays the "i'm a foriegner so i don't know certian american terms". It would have been fine if they did it once or twice,but no she mixes up American Slang almost every F*CKING Episode which made it annoying as hell.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #51
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

In FACT, it was NEVER funny or amusing to BEGIN With for that matter.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:00 PM   #52
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That Brings me to ANOTHER thing that Pisses me off about Venus so much. She constantly plays the "i'm a foriegner so i don't know certian american terms". It would have been fine if they did it once or twice,but no she mixes up American Slang almost EVERY Episode which made it annoying as hell.
Pardon my bad language It just really bothers me.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #53
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

you can edit your own post btw, so you don't have too make several post after your own post
Old 03-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #54
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph_tha_Dude View Post
Guess I'll admit it. I'm not a fan of a female turtle at all. Or a 5th turtle that's a part of the team and as a kid I hated the fact that she came along and all of a sudden the 4 guys aren't brothers.
They were raised as brothers, but they've never been confirmed to be biological brothers in any interpretation that I can't remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher View Post
My only deep-set feeling about her concept is that we should never see breast-shaped carapaces again.
I LOVE me some breast-shaped carapaces... I want that to be my next username, ***Breast-Shaped Carapaces***
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:07 PM   #55
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

So, granted I've never actually watched NM, but when people are saying the turtles are 'no longer brothers', what exactly does that mean? Because going through this thread I seem to get the vibe that some folks feel like just because they are (what I presume to be) revealed as not being biologically related, that somehow their brotherhood is no longer "real"? What in the world does being biologically related have to do with being real brothers?
Old 03-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #56
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
They were raised as brothers, but they've never been confirmed to be biological brothers in any interpretation that I can't remember.
No, and even the official Mirage site answered that question with similar ambiguity, but as I said, the way they explicitly stated it in TNM was very stupid, for the following reasons:
1) Occam's Razor. If there's a bunch of turtles in the same tank at a pet store, chances are high that they're the same litter.
2) Of course, things could be otherwise, but how the shell would the turtles know that? Nobody would be likely to have told a bunch of pet turtles they were from different litters, and even if they had, it wouldn't have meant anything to pre-mutation turtles.
3) As I mentioned, they didn't have to say the four turtles were unrelated; Venus could have been mutated separately, and as such, not related; it also would not have created a plot hole next to two existing flashbacks explicitly showing four, not five, turtles.

Naturally, this series is no stranger to stupidity and inconsistency, and all of that might be a non-issue, except that again, it's a massive amount of continuity welding done solely in the name of a new character, with just about everything else around her being unapologetically klutzy and flattering already.

Last edited by Konchadunga; 03-26-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Konchadunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #57
Jephael
That whack job behind you

Good Lord, how many friggin times are we gonna bring up Venus? It's like mentioning your sister's ex-boyfriend at Thanksgiving in front of her inlaws!

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:57 PM   #58
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

This should be water under the bridge, but as of late, we've got lots of forgotten elements of TMNT series coming back, and Kevin Eastman saying he loves Venus, not to mention an outpouring of fan support, meaning there's a chance this character will come back. If much of the fandom still hates her, now is a good time to speak up.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:19 PM   #59
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist

i have to ask, what is the big issue with liking Venus? i grew up with the original toon,movies, and comics and still like Venus, does that make me less of a fan or remove my fan credentials?

https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:31 PM   #60
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Jeesh the longer the thread goes on and he more new posts I see, the more tempted I am to pick up the New Mutation dvd, just to remember how truly awful Venus and that series was. So far Once been able to block out most of my memories from that show...I fear that my blissful ignorance is in jeopardy....must resist urge to buy Next Mutation

Tags
next mutation