The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 08-26-2019, 03:53 AM   #61
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Kind of sounds like TPTB decided on a "the future is female" route (which is not something new, and they were not unclear about their stance by leading with She-Ra which was not as popular in its time), went before the committee, the committee said "you know what would be totally contrary? We hire Kevin Smith to do this!" And now Kevin Smith has to figure out some fu**ing way to make this not seem like what it obviously is."
Meaning what? What is it “obviously”?
TommyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 05:43 PM   #62
TommyT
Banned

Damn it, so sounds a whole lot like Smith is up to his old tricks. He-man dick jokes, and not interested in the action, hates writing it.

A guy who hates action is writing He-man. Perfect.

Old 09-14-2019, 06:20 PM   #63
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Yeah, I can't believe their process is literally that he writes "and here, such and such fight" and the animation studio fills in EVERYTHING else. what kind of **** writing is that?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 06:48 PM   #64
Vegita-San
Emperor

I still don't know why Kevin Smith is even attached to this.

He-man is a bigger name than he is these days.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 09:47 PM   #65
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Yeah, I can't believe their process is literally that he writes "and here, such and such fight" and the animation studio fills in EVERYTHING else. what kind of **** writing is that?
Right? Because that’s how a show runner vehalves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
I still don't know why Kevin Smith is even attached to this.

He-man is a bigger name than he is these days.
Smith is one of the worst things to happen to nerd culture, ever.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:46 AM   #66
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Heard a rumour today (apparently coming from the former writer of Darkwing Duck for BOOM Comics)

Spoiler:
Teela will have a female love interest
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:53 AM   #67
AquaParade
Banned

I love Kevin Smith. I'd love to hang out with him because he seems like such a great guy with a really calming presence. Seriously.

Not a huge fan of his movies, but I respect himself for being pretty self-made and ambitious at a young age. Plus, he is funny as hell, when he just talking as opposed to writing.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:54 AM   #68
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Heard a rumour today (apparently coming from the former writer of Darkwing Duck for BOOM Comics)

Spoiler:
Teela will have a female love interest
But isn't the meme that He-Man himself is the gay one?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 10:07 PM   #69
TommyT
Banned

Teela is gay, because now everybody has to be gay. Statistics say only 5 out of 100 Americans identify as part of lgbtq, only a fraction of which would be lesbian, while most people assume it’s 1 in 4, and most people, if not everyone is bi-curious. ********.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/259571/...opulation.aspx

I wonder what’s led us to believe every 4th person is Gay. Not the propeganda of the last 20 years. Not ****ing Kevin Smith and his obsession with lesbians as his raison de etre for women not liking him;

This needs to stop. The public is being brainwashed, enough is enough.

And no, Teela isn’t gay, if anyone is gay, its Man at arms, He-man, all the men are big bears in that show. Teela is what we used to call a f*g-hag, a woman who wants a relationship with a man, but is afraid of straight men. So she plays house with gay men, because they’re safe, in that it will never happen. All the benifits of a relationship without having to have a real one.

Last edited by TommyT; 12-20-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

I always had a crush on Teela, so while watching her get down with another broad is intriguing in a certain context... Yeah, nah, we don't need to be going there.

More "subversion of expectations", I guess. "Most of the stories that take place after the Filmation cartoon in MOTU lore have Teela and Adam/He-Man eventually getting together and having kids? I GOT IT, now she's a lesbian. Tumblr is gonna FLIP!"

These characters were originally aimed at 4-year olds so I really don't know why this kinda thing needs to be forced into it, even if that same audience is now 40. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. They were hardly ever allowed to even have Teela and He-Man kiss because of Standards & Practices, but sure, let's just Go There for "woke" points.

I guess when you don't have faith in your writing, your plots, your characterization, your ability to entice old fans and earn new ones... settle for Shock Value, with Pandering on one side and Manufactured Outrage on the other. "No such thing as bad publicity."

Keep this stuff to the "clever" jokes that people who think they're witty make while watching the show. If they're really gonna be continuing the story of the old show, they've already got their work cut out for them. Focus on THAT. Just worry about making it Not Terrible, don't worry about getting mentioned on HuffPo.

God DAMN it, these people.

Hopefully the toys will be good.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 03:40 AM   #71
TommyT
Banned

I need to feel there's a chance I can give Teela the D.

If not, why am I watching?
Old 12-21-2019, 04:59 AM   #72
drgon78
Mad Scientist

It's bad enough they stereotype He-Man as gay, made She-ra gay, but they better not make Teela gay.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 09:45 AM   #73
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Teela is probably drinking the stuff they put in the water that makes the frogs gay.

No, but seriously. I think one issue is we all have our head-canons and personal ships, but fail to acknowledge that they are OUR personal head-canon and should never affect the actual product. These people grow up and get into tv and animation and now project their own fanfic fantasies once they get their hands on these shows. It should ****ing stop.

It's like if Cybercubed ever get his grubby hands on the Frozen franchise, Elsa would be supergay, sing about the gay, sleep with every woman in the movie, and have one of her lovers be named May and be voiced by Melissa Benoit.

I mean eventually we're gonna get one of those crazy girls get to make their own TMNT show and make Turtlecest canon cause they won't let their ship go.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 10:12 AM   #74
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
To be fair, I never super got into He-Man. I remember casually watching a few and mostly digging it. My generation, as kids, I kind of became aware of it when there became a kind of a stigma about it. And then it sort of went away anyway.

Like, "Eww... you like He-Man? That's gay!" on the playground.
I believe the joke of gay He-Man came in the early 1990's, as a way of slandering the 1980's.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #75
Vegita-San
Emperor

first time I heard of he-man being 'gay' was the crazy internet. I usually pay it no mind.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 04:52 PM   #76
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Most would never bat an eye if He-Man was gay, in fact, it'll just be my head canon until soon proven real. He's gotta come out sooner or later.

[

QUOTE=Coola Yagami;1829841]
I mean eventually we're gonna get one of those crazy girls get to make their own TMNT show and make Turtlecest canon cause they won't let their ship go.[/QUOTE]

Oh shell yeah!
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 06:24 AM   #77
TommyT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
No, but seriously. I think one issue is we all have our head-canons and personal ships, but fail to acknowledge that they are OUR personal head-canon and should never affect the actual product. These people grow up and get into tv and animation and now project their own fanfic fantasies once they get their hands on these shows. It should ****ing stop.
I watched the Grinch movie from 2018 today. some of the new stuff was a little ham fisted, like making Pharrel the narrator, (why?) and adding some urban feel to the music (again why?). Cumberbatch was pitched up, (why! why?), but aside from all of that?

IT WAS AWESOME. somehoe, I watched an entire Dr. Seuss movie. It was so well done, I couldn't stop.

The story was okay, but the visuals were stunning.
At least, I wouldn't have, but then it hit me; they're taking great care to recreate the look and feel of the original. Somebody was trying really really really hard to bring as much of the classic feeling to life as they could.
And it really worked. Like, I watched a damn Christmas movie! And then, I noticed that is was directed by Yarrow Cheney & Scott Moiser. That last name, Moiser, might be familiar. He used to be the producer on every Kevin Smith Joint.

What I'm saying is, Kevin needs to talk to his buddy, and if he listens, we have a chance to get a quality He-man show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's like if Cybercubed ever get his grubby hands on the Frozen franchise, Elsa would be supergay, sing about the gay, sleep with every woman in the movie, and have one of her lovers be named May and be voiced by Melissa Benoit.
Now I want Cubed to direct Frozen tho.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #78
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
I always had a crush on Teela, so while watching her get down with another broad is intriguing in a certain context... Yeah, nah, we don't need to be going there.

More "subversion of expectations", I guess. "Most of the stories that take place after the Filmation cartoon in MOTU lore have Teela and Adam/He-Man eventually getting together and having kids? I GOT IT, now she's a lesbian. Tumblr is gonna FLIP!"

These characters were originally aimed at 4-year olds so I really don't know why this kinda thing needs to be forced into it, even if that same audience is now 40. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it. They were hardly ever allowed to even have Teela and He-Man kiss because of Standards & Practices, but sure, let's just Go There for "woke" points.

I guess when you don't have faith in your writing, your plots, your characterization, your ability to entice old fans and earn new ones... settle for Shock Value, with Pandering on one side and Manufactured Outrage on the other. "No such thing as bad publicity."

Keep this stuff to the "clever" jokes that people who think they're witty make while watching the show. If they're really gonna be continuing the story of the old show, they've already got their work cut out for them. Focus on THAT. Just worry about making it Not Terrible, don't worry about getting mentioned on HuffPo.

God DAMN it, these people.

Hopefully the toys will be good.
He-man and Teela may of never got it on, but guess who did? BraveStarr and JB that's who. They even had a nice kissing scene before the big battle. Yes for some odd reason BravrStarr could get away with a lot more than He-man.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #79
newfan
Mad Scientist

Cast announcement
https://deadline.com/2020/02/masters...es-1202860165/
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #80
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post