The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 12:45 PM   #21
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
I really won't know how optimistic I am about this until they give us an idea of the story or tone they are going for. This isn't sounding like the live-action gritty take on TMNT I'm still hoping for, but there's definitely potential here.
Yeah, I'm totally on the same wave-length
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 12:55 PM   #22
Diorm
Hench Mutant

All in CG? I mean... we already got a movie in 2007 and a full series in 2012 all in CG. What can they bring that is new? Unless its a PG 13 CG wich was never done. But they wont. How can you sell figures with a PG 13 CG movie? I need more info. But the news for now is just... meh.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:12 PM   #23
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorm View Post
All in CG? I mean... we already got a movie in 2007 and a full series in 2012 all in CG. What can they bring that is new? Unless its a PG 13 CG wich was never done. But they wont. How can you sell figures with a PG 13 CG movie? I need more info. But the news for now is just... meh.
We've had 5 live action movies and 1 CG movie and 2007 movie wasn't by Nickelodeon though. So what else can they do apart from Live action and CG? an animated movie? but Netflix is already doing that with Rise and I don't fancy seeing a animated movie on the big screen.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #24
AquaParade
Banned

I just imagine that all we need is for Seth Rogen to hit it off with Kevin Eastman when they inevitably do a meet & greet. Then Kevin can let him know what?s good with the Mirage books, if he isn?t already aware (which I can imagine Seth being up on, honestly).
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:29 PM   #25
Diorm
Hench Mutant

It's just that, the 2007 CG movie was cool at the time because it was the first to do CG and we never got anything else. Since then we got a serie that went low and high on a lot of stuff about the TMNT. So a new CG movie is not appealing anymore.
And since we never got a live serie, a live movie is still something new.

Maybe CG that is less cartoony?... But nothing like the look of the last two movies.

Last edited by Diorm; 06-30-2020 at 01:35 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:47 PM   #26
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
We've had 5 live action movies and 1 CG movie and 2007 movie wasn't by Nickelodeon though. So what else can they do apart from Live action and CG? an animated movie? but Netflix is already doing that with Rise and I don't fancy seeing a animated movie on the big screen.
A CG movie is an animated movie.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 01:55 PM   #27
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
A CG movie is an animated movie.
Well cartoon movie then, I always assumed animated movies and CG movies are 2 different things.

Old 06-30-2020, 01:58 PM   #28
Galactus
Foot Elite

Can't say I'm all that thrilled at the idea to be honest that this is instead of a live action feature. Flitting back and forth between live action and animated I think gives a bad impression of the franchise as if it can't make up its mind on what direction to

If this is in addition to then then would be better but I'm not sure TMNT is as big as Spider-Man or Batman which can support multiple versions at the same time. Heck as good as Into The Spider-Verse was it hardly set the box office alight.

There is little way this wouldn't be a kiddie fest - albeit a well written kiddie fest. However if this is indeed in addition to a live action feature this may be a solution to the age old Mirage vs Fred Wolf. The cgi animated feature could be like the 80s show and the live action be a Mirage inspired movie.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #29
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Hooray. TMNT meets the Sausage Party.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #30
Diorm
Hench Mutant

Or, since 80s nostalgia is a thing right now, they will make a movie that looks like the Fred Wolf serie for the general public.
"Oh yeah I remember those turtles from when I was a kid!"

Hey, that's not what I want, but that may be something they would do.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:32 PM   #31
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Yep. My thoughts exactly. Nothing worth getting excited about here unless you're super-desperate for more TMNT product. The fact that Seth Rogen is producing it tells you absolutely everything. The man never met a fart joke he didn't like. And get ready for all the so very, very subtle allusions to why Mikey talks like he's baked all the time. Treat!

To put it more simply and eloquently:

"Seth Rogen producing a TMNT project?!"

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 02:53 PM   #32
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Oh god, I knew there was something animated I should be recalling connected with his name... it was THAT? Erm. (At least it being Nick will ensure that it won't be the mental image that just put in my head.)

Okay, slightly apprehensive now... Wish it would look more like the Injustice designs and tone, but that now makes me expect something more like the 2012 FW crossover designs at best, which would not be great. edit: I'd be happy with at least an in between option that looked a bit like the 2003 done in 3D animation.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #33
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I'm excited for it. It could be a movie with Seth Rogen's style of humor. Now his humor may not be for everyone. But it could be fun.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:05 PM   #34
AquaParade
Banned

I don't think it's accurate to take anything Seth Rogen is producing and personify it into a walking-talking version of him. Point Grey pictures has produced some pretty good stuff, like 50/50. Plus, didn't one of his companies produce the Preacher television series? I didn't watch it, but I love the comic and it seemed to be faithful in tone to the original stuff without inserting a Seth Rogen laugh-track.

Sure, when we have so little to go on, it can be easy to draw a conclusion like "Seth Rogen + TMNT = Teenage Mutant Stoner Turtles", but I think that is sort of a naive take honestly. Have we seriously never been surprised in Hollywood? People subvert expectations all the time. Todd Phillips directed The Hangover and then directed Joker.

Look, you guys could be totally on the mark, but I don't think it's foregone conclusion by any stretch. There are plenty of ways this could go.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:15 PM   #35
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, and Michael Bay was "only" producing the PD movies and his sensibilities had NOTHING to do with the final product. That was all just a happy accident.

It is what it is. As predicted, the people who love anything with a TMNT sticker and never care if it's garbage will and are doing a jig just because it's More TMNT Sh*t. Anyone with two eyes and any deductive reasoning skills whatsoever sees this train coming from far away, and we're not about to get steamrolled by it. We're way past "once bitten" with this brand by now.

This is just one more pile of dog sh*t on the burning dumpster fire this entire franchise has become. I can't wait for Viacom to shelve this whole stupid brand already instead of shoveling more garbage on the corpse.

F*ck TMNT. There, I said it. F*ck this entire franchise right in the goddamn ear. It's worthless. It died when Nick bought it and anyone who thinks we're ever getting any kind of "renaissance" are just as delusional as those waiting for The Rapture. Y'all deserve to be forever let down for never being able to see the forest for the trees.

F*ck this brand, f*ck this idea, f*ck Seth Rogen, and f*ck Nick/Viacom. F*ck this entire goddamn franchise. It's trash.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:29 PM   #36
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I don't think this going to end well. I expect more of the same dumbed down clowning around garbage, just with a different shade of paint.When real details are forth coming, we'll see. But I full expect to say " I told you so."
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 03:32 PM   #37
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, and Michael Bay was "only" producing the PD movies and his sensibilities had NOTHING to do with the final product. That was all just a happy accident.

It is what it is. As predicted, the people who love anything with a TMNT sticker and never care if it's garbage will and are doing a jig just because it's More TMNT Sh*t. Anyone with two eyes and any deductive reasoning skills whatsoever sees this train coming from far away, and we're not about to get steamrolled by it. We're way past "once bitten" with this brand by now.

This is just one more pile of dog sh*t on the burning dumpster fire this entire franchise has become. I can't wait for Viacom to shelve this whole stupid brand already instead of shoveling more garbage on the corpse.

F*ck TMNT. There, I said it. F*ck this entire franchise right in the goddamn ear. It's worthless. It died when Nick bought it and anyone who thinks we're ever getting any kind of "renaissance" are just as delusional as those waiting for The Rapture. Y'all deserve to be forever let down for never being able to see the forest for the trees.

F*ck this brand, f*ck this idea, f*ck Seth Rogen, and f*ck Nick/Viacom. F*ck this entire goddamn franchise. It's trash.
This is why we can't have nice things. Because of this up here. ^
Nice to see your support for TMNT.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:37 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
This is why we can't have nice things. Because of this up here. ^
Nice to see your support for TMNT.
Marketing plays to the lowest common denominator, the lowest hanging fruit, the "shut up and take my money" crowd. And of course, the exhausted parents wanting to shut up the rugrats for an hour so they can take a nap or play naked twister.

So yeah, it's totally Leo's fault we can't have decent TMNT products. Or Andrew's. Or mine.

In Seth Rogen's defense, I loved "The Interview." And also the romantic political movie he did with Charlize Theron last year... title's escaping me at the moment.

But Rogen and TMNT is gonna be TMNT Sausage Party: Now with more Ejaculate Jokes. Or anal jokes. The man's not picky.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:41 PM   #39
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Marketing plays to the lowest common denominator, the lowest hanging fruit, the "shut up and take my money" crowd. And of course, the exhausted parents wanting to shut up the rugrats for an hour so they can take a nap or play naked twister.

So yeah, it's totally Leo's fault we can't have decent TMNT products. Or Andrew's. Or mine.

In Seth Rogen's defense, I loved "The Interview." And also the romantic political movie he did with Charlize Theron last year... title's escaping me at the moment.

But Rogen and TMNT is gonna be TMNT Sausage Party: Now with more Ejaculate Jokes. Or anal jokes. The man's not picky.
You can't assume because Seth Rogen is involved. That movie will be filled with dick and fart jokes. He's done stuff that was family friendly. Though as a voice actor. So we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

My hope with Seth Rogen in regards to TMNT. If he is one of those fans that grew up with the original series and the 1990 movie. And then he can do a CGI Movie that pays homage to those.
Old 06-30-2020, 03:43 PM   #40
Vicky82
Emperor

I'm not really excited about this, because this movie will be on the same level as the 2007 movie but with a different story. However I rather have this than another Plantium Dunes TMNT movie.