The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-18-2022, 09:44 PM   #1
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Boycott Rogen TMNT

Who else is gonna boycott Seth Rogen’s TMNT movie once it’s released?

Reasons for my boycotting? Seth Rogen is a total d*** who defends cancel culture and should be given a taste of his own medicine. Plus he made fun of someone who complained about their car getting broken into and having their stuff stolen, dismissing it as “life in the big city”. He shouldn’t be given the honor of making a TMNT movie, since the main characters would stop every car thief in the city if they could and they care about the Little Guy. Also I believe that it’s doomed to be another woke failure anyway since Rogen is just another Kevin Smith, so I won’t waste my money on tickets.

If you are still planning to go see it, that’s fine. I won’t judge you for it.
Old 07-18-2022, 09:45 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Boycott it? No. Mostly just roll my eyes at it like most TMNT Product since 2009.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:46 PM   #3
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post

Reasons for my boycotting? Seth Rogen is a total d*** who defends cancel culture and should be given a taste of his own medicine. Plus he made fun of someone who complained about their car getting broken into and having their stuff stolen, dismissing it as “life in the big city”. He shouldn’t be given the honor of making a TMNT movie, since the main characters would stop every car thief in the city if they could and they care about the Little Guy. Also I believe that it’s doomed to be another woke failure anyway since Rogen is just another Kevin Smith, so I won’t waste my money on tickets.

You won't, but I will...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:52 PM   #4
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I probably won't go see it, the concept art looks questionable. I'm hoping the trailers change my mind.

Personally, I'm far more excited for the Rise movie.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:22 PM   #5
Prowler
Emperor

I haven't watched any of the current TMNT stuff that has come out in the last several years. So I wo t watch this one either, regardless of who's directing it.

I don't think this counts as boycotting it, though.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 11:05 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I admit, though, as someone who HAS enjoyed a good majority of the Rogen library and has even met the guy... I am morbidly curious what he's up to with this. Even if I end up hating it, and the odds are sky high of that with what we know of it so far.

The interesting thing about this movie is that this is the first real "passion project" we've seen in mainstream since the sale. The Platinum Dunes stuff, the cartoons, those are just hired guys to deliver a product and beholden to a lot of sticky notes and toy stuff. Rogen came to them and pitched this into existence, and I think they're going to leave him alone for the most part because he's got the clout. For better or worse.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-18-2022 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-18-2022, 11:56 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

"Seth Rogen getting to do whatever he wants" is about as horrifying a thing as I can imagine, quite frankly.

But then, I've ONLY ever been able to stand him in "40-Year Old Virgin" and I can't tolerate him otherwise. The kinda stuff he makes is not at ALL the kinda stuff I like. Just being honest.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:30 AM   #8
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Seth Rogen is someone I just don't like in general. He's like a real life Peter Griffin that does weed. From getting Kevin Smith to take it to his type casted goofy laugh, he's just obnoxious.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:32 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
"Seth Rogen getting to do whatever he wants" is about as horrifying a thing as I can imagine, quite frankly.

But then, I've ONLY ever been able to stand him in "40-Year Old Virgin" and I can't tolerate him otherwise. The kinda stuff he makes is not at ALL the kinda stuff I like. Just being honest.
I'm not saying it's not that. I'm just saying it's by far more interesting than "let's see what X hired goon squad does in a pay-for-play movie with people involved that don't even pretend to like or understand TMNT." I predict an interesting failure. The interesting factor is the new part.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-19-2022 at 01:39 AM.
Old 07-19-2022, 05:22 AM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

I didn’t know Rogen took the initiative to pitch this himself. Is that confirmed or something you heard from reliable source?

It does make me a tad more interested. I don’t love Rogen but he’s involved in some pretty great comic book adaptations. I’m just worried about the typical issue of this being aimed primarily at small children again.

I mean, even the MCU feels very safe and gentle, but they at least try to aim at mature adults as well, and the whole family can basically still watch it. No need to dumb everything down to pizza and fart jokes. TMNT will be fine without those.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:32 AM   #11
superstaff
Mad Scientist

I won't be boycotting it. I don't care for Rogan in general. I like a handful of movies he's been in, and I think he's mostly a jerk overall, but I'll be judging if the movie is worth seeing based on the trailers, and whatnot.

Though what little's been said about it so far makes it unappetizing to me.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:16 AM   #12
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I don’t care about that cancel culture crap, i don’t let that stuff annoy me from enjoying shows.

However the more I hear about the less interested I’m in it, from the latest information we’ve received on it sounds like they will be focusing on the teen aspects in life.

2012 series had that love triangle stuff going on which is apart of a teenagers life, what else can they do? Have them go to a high school? How would that even work?

They have to fit in good guys vs bad guy things still right?
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 07:35 AM   #13
neatoman
Emperor

Don't I need a Paramount+ subscription to officially watch it anyway or will this thing actually get released in theaters? If it's the latter I'm probably going to watch it anyway, I don't care because I go watch movies I know will suck in the theater all the time. If it's the former, don't worry, I'm "not" going to "pay" for Paramount + to "watch" it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:27 AM   #14
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Boycotting someone because you dont like them solves nothing.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:49 AM   #15
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:

"Cancel culture" isn't a thing. Stop simping dumbasses trying to get away with abusing people.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:03 PM   #16
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
"Cancel culture" isn't a thing.
That’s like saying climate change doesn’t exist.
Old 07-19-2022, 12:50 PM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

Pretty much this. If it looks entertaining enough I'll watch it, but I won't support financially under any circumstances for basically all of the reasons that you listed here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Deadman View Post
Boycotting someone because you dont like them solves nothing.
Absolutely it does. It's a personal decision that by aggregate diminishes their voice if you disagree with what they are doing, but it does it without necessarily calling for their cultural demise.

It helps solve a cultural problem because you are diminishing their ability to influence the sheep who manifest nonsense like Rogen's opinions across society. So yes, it is indeed a path on the road to solving the problem through consumer choice rather than witch-hunting cancel culture. Your comment is categorically incorrect, dude.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:10 PM   #18
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I'm a liberal atheist who didn't boycott Chick-fil-A a while back, you really think I'm gonna boycott a TMNT movie because Rogen isn't a 'grade A' person and some must hunt for another reason to scream "woke!" and "cancel culture"? Yeah, probably won't happen. He's not the only person involved in making that film, so even if he's a crap human...if anything about the movie turns out at least acceptably okay then there are certainly others who can be credited with that work too, not just him.

Even if the movie is crappy, I at least look forward to seeing it with my nephew now that he's old enough to behave and enjoying seeing a TMNT film in the theater.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #19
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
Absolutely it does. It's a personal decision that by aggregate diminishes their voice if you disagree with what they are doing, but it does it without necessarily calling for their cultural demise.

It helps solve a cultural problem because you are diminishing their ability to influence the sheep who manifest nonsense like Rogen's opinions across society. So yes, it is indeed a path on the road to solving the problem through consumer choice rather than witch-hunting cancel culture. Your comment is categorically incorrect, dude.
Okay, but you yourself can 'boycott' something, but if millions upon millions of other people go, and pay for something then the boycott isn't going to be effective. At all. Just like that Chick Fil A boycott from years ago. That so totally hurt them in the piggy bank. Totally.

Ah, yes, you want to LARP that you're a superhero that's actually saving the world from the 'wokesters' by shaming everyone you presume are paying for crap you deem woke. "You're, like, totally diminishing their ability to brainwash the sheep lol (pops bubblegum) tee hee".

By the way, how many 'woke' things have flopped/failed in the last few years? Many. Yet nothing has changed. You can chant "go woke, go broke" or whatever until you're blue in the face, it's not doing anything in the least. Everyone who is a 'brainwashed sheep' remains so, and the entertainment industry doesn't give a f*ck about you or any of the others like you. Man, I still remember the likes of DoomC*ck making claims that 'woke Hollywood' was going down in flames, and all the 'libtards' like Kathleen Kennedy were being fired.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 01:19 PM   #20
AquaParade
Banned

I wouldn't say boycotting is completely useless, but I think it's odd to boycott something while still deeming it entertaining enough to watch.

It's like, are you turned off by the product or not? I guess it doesn't have to be 100% black and white, but if I'm taking a stance strong enough to not support someone's hard work, I think I'm generally okay with just leaving it at that.

If something truly entertains me, I feel it is worth paying for. Otherwise, I'm not going to waste my time with it. Sort of an all or nothing for me, in that sense, I guess.

Like, I'll either go out with a girl I want to go out with or not. But I'm not going to go out with one, because I don't have to pay for her dinner. I'm either feeling it or not.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote