The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 03-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #301
Super Moderator

Picked up Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I haven't slept yet. I haven't eaten yet. I skipped classes and I'm calling out of work today to play.
愛 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #302
Peanut
Second Gear

Yeah...my night went like this. I got Oblivion around...5:00 PM. Got home at 6. Played Oblivion. Forgot to eat dinner, forgot to sleep. Stopped for about 20 minutes because of a terrible headache. Jumped back on and played until 4 am. Finally went to bed so I could wake up for work at 7. Went to work and left "sick" at about 11 am. Played Oblivion until about 10 minutes ago. I'm about to watch the special disc that came with the CE.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:10 PM   #303
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Now THAT is the life of a fu*king gamer. Kudos to you both, for you are hardcore. Hopefully I'll join you next week.

Just nailed Tetris DS and Metroid Prime Hunters at Best Buy. They are both FU*KING awesome. Hunters sequeezes the life out of that DS and knocks the hell out of the battery life. It's like a DS game from two years from now. GodDAMN impressive.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #304
Duke
Mad Scientist

The Collector's Edition of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. The major reason I got a 360.
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:10 AM   #305
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

I bought these games within the last few weeks:
  • Pop'n Music 12 Iroha
  • Guitar Freaks V & DrumMania V
  • Tetris DS

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Krang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:13 AM   #306
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

I still need to get my PS 2 Modded so I can import the Pop N Music games. I keep forgetting >_<

But now that me and Corey each own a PS2 I can safely mod mine, and if something goes wrong, hers will still Work
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 03:32 AM   #307
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

The PS2 Pop'n games are great, so you won't regret it (and the unlock systems in 8 and up are much more straightforward than the confusing one in 6). My favorite game in the series is 9, but 8, 10, 11, and 12 all follow close behind. 7 and BH are also pretty fun, but they don't have nearly as many songs as the others.

"My motherboard's microchips are chomping at the... 'bit'. A little computer humor." --Krang, Welcome Back, Polarisoids
Old 03-23-2006, 03:52 AM   #308
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

So, if I were to buy just one, which would you recomend above all the others?
GK Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2006, 04:03 AM   #309
Krang
Admin and Sega Guru

Definitely 8 or 9. I personally like 9 better, but 8 might be a better place to start since it would be a smoother transition from 6, and since it has a much quicker unlock system than 9. It's also generally the more popular of the two, so it should be easier to find.

Old 03-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #310
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Bought Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Damn you Barkworm and Peanut!) for cheap. Pretty cool game, I'm really enjoying it so far.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:44 AM   #311
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha Cow
Bought Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (Damn you Barkworm and Peanut!) for cheap. Pretty cool game, I'm really enjoying it so far.
You should definitely pick up the sequels too. I perfer Sands over Warrior but Thrones is awesome.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:25 PM   #312
Turtledude2k3
Banned

I didn't write my purchase.. I bought Metroid prime hunters last Tuesday.. Played a few matches online and working on the single player.. A major hit for the ds!!! Awesome game..

I cant' wait for zelda!
Turtledude2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 07:01 AM   #313
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
You should definitely pick up the sequels too. I perfer Sands over Warrior but Thrones is awesome.
He speaks the truth! You could play Warrior Within, but I don't really see you liking that game too much. Two Thrones is just so much better. Once you play it it's kind of difficult to go back to SoT without going "Oh, I wish I could do this here and that here!".
Old 03-25-2006, 10:02 AM   #314
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Nevertheless SoT is still the best one IMO. I simply like the level architecture and the overall mood better.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2006, 05:56 PM   #315
Peanut
Second Gear

So do I, but the gameplay is so much better in TTT. The combat in SoT seems extremely boring and tedious now. Not that it was ever really spectacular to being with.
Old 03-25-2006, 07:18 PM   #316
Turtledude2k3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut
So do I, but the gameplay is so much better in TTT. The combat in SoT seems extremely boring and tedious now. Not that it was ever really spectacular to being with.
I agree. I remember how great Prince of persia sands of time was when I first played it but as I got through the game, it felt borign doing the same move over and over again.. There was a limited amount of different set of moves you could do.. Warrior within did alot more and had alot of bugs..

To tell you guys the truth, I never actually played The Two Thrones.. I beaten Sands of time, I got near the end of Warrior Within and due to the bugs in the game, there was a big major problem which many have had problems with.. There was a part where you couldn't contuine to the alst part of the game..

it pained me how much time I spent playing through the game just to finish it.. Warrior within just dragged on for hours.. The music!! So bad!! I wanted the style that SOT had!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #317
Duke
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtledude2k3
There was a part where you couldn't contuine to the alst part of the game..
What are u talking about? Everyone I know got to the end of the game. I guess you just need to get better at video games or something.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #318
Turtledude2k3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke
What are u talking about? Everyone I know got to the end of the game. I guess you just need to get better at video games or something.
Duke, it's a major bug.. Basically after you fight the empress for the 2nd time, in the throne room liek before but this time you would follow her to the portal and somehow the game wouldn't let me contuine from there.

That is the major bug I experienced.. It happened in otehr people copies..
Old 03-26-2006, 01:01 AM   #319
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Yeah, I've heard about that bug. Didn't happen to me though.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:51 PM   #320
Peanut
Second Gear

Not a game, but I did buy the Oblivion guide today. I love guides like this, just huge ass books about everything in the game. Fun to read.

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games