The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-08-2014, 05:04 PM   #201
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Looks like you're right. I was thinking Frontier Pabumon. For that one the egg had solid circles. That tosses my theory out on the order. lol

Taichi
Yamato
Hikari
Takeru
Koushirou
Jou
Mimi
Sora

That's my new assumption for the Digimon order. Still kinda close to the Best Partner odd/even set up theory I had.

Taichi (01), Hikari (11), Koushirou (03), Mimi (05)
Yamato (02), Takeru (10), Jou (04), Sora (06)

Also there really was no second in command, was there? Just character relevance to the plot seemingly, and it showed after Etemon's defeat. They couldn't keep it together and all parted ways after Taichi vanished and Sora left.

I had no problem with the older kids taking a backseat. It wasn't their adventure. This time the focus will be on Taichi again so it would make sense to focus around the older kids.

And yeah, Iori did have a helmet head. lol But it's not surprising. His character was a traditionalist, and very disciplined. His having such a simple style suited the character. I personally viewed him as a soldier.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 05:42 PM   #202
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Looks like you're right. I was thinking Frontier Pabumon. For that one the egg had solid circles. That tosses my theory out on the order. lol

Taichi
Yamato
Hikari
Takeru
Koushirou
Jou
Mimi
Sora

That's my new assumption for the Digimon order. Still kinda close to the Best Partner odd/even set up theory I had.

Taichi (01), Hikari (11), Koushirou (03), Mimi (05)
Yamato (02), Takeru (10), Jou (04), Sora (06)

Also there really was no second in command, was there? Just character relevance to the plot seemingly, and it showed after Etemon's defeat. They couldn't keep it together and all parted ways after Taichi vanished and Sora left.

I had no problem with the older kids taking a backseat. It wasn't their adventure. This time the focus will be on Taichi again so it would make sense to focus around the older kids.

And yeah, Iori did have a helmet head. lol But it's not surprising. His character was a traditionalist, and very disciplined. His having such a simple style suited the character. I personally viewed him as a soldier.
Matt, Tommy, Vegeta are all the #2 characters in their respective team. Equals to the leader and arguably stronger and best friend sometimes rival to the lead character. Cherrimon pretty much says this when talking to Matt who foolishly believed him enough to turn on Tai for all of five minutes. I always viewed Matt as the second most important thus second-in-command. As for your ranking. That is interesting. I just never thought of an order of importance beyond the #2 character.

I got into it because of Tai/Agumon and Matt/Gabumon's appeals to me. Having either of those two or both automatically made it more interesting in season 2 for me. Its all about what characters I get attached to and if those characters are involved its automatically better.

Solider? He does have a bo staff, but he is probably the easiest to defeat Digimon and himself in a fight. Not hating on just an observation.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:32 PM   #203
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Matt, Tommy, Vegeta are all the #2 characters in their respective team. Equals to the leader and arguably stronger and best friend sometimes rival to the lead character. Cherrimon pretty much says this when talking to Matt who foolishly believed him enough to turn on Tai for all of five minutes. I always viewed Matt as the second most important thus second-in-command. As for your ranking. That is interesting. I just never thought of an order of importance beyond the #2 character.
I still never personally found him to officially be second-in-command, though. Taichi as leader was a given, though. He kept the team together. He started off unofficially as leader, and it was obvious that everyone thought of him as leader as the series went on. The stuff in Vamdemon's castle kinda showed that. The kids trusted his judgment. Later on when Yamato was being fooled, he put the notion into his head over the leadership stuff. It wasn't there, apparently, before he brought it up. Seems the questioned asked by the blonde was "Why should we be doing any of that stuff to begin with if we didn't choose it?" When I think "second-in-command", I think of one who takes over when the leader is unable to perform his/her duty or responsibility. In other words, the second-in-command steps up and becomes leader. Like a Vice President taking over if the President is incapacitated or whatever. I never got this impression with the Adventure group. Yes, Yamato was the secondary character, but I don't view him as "second-in-command".

To me, second-in-command is like OT Donatello. When Leonardo wasn't leading or giving orders, Donatello was....a lot.
Quote:
I got into it because of Tai/Agumon and Matt/Gabumon's appeals to me.
I got into the show because of the actual Digimon themselves. They were intelligent and capable of human speech and weren't really forced into fighting or battling just because their human companions barked out orders to them and how there had to be a connection between them to fight efficiently and effectively. The humans were secondary to me in the beginning. As for Taichi and Yamato...I liked them okay, but didn't favor them or anything, but it did pique my curiosity over how divorce works in Japan and why the boys had different names as opposed to both just having the father's name...and it's because of the Kouseki system they have here.

Getting down to it, as silly as it may sound, the slight realistic approach the show had (despite there being monsters) is what truly drew me into the series.
Quote:
Having either of those two or both automatically made it more interesting in season 2 for me.
Hm, not for me. Seeing the others who rarely got focused on like Mimi, Jou, or Sora did this for me.
Quote:
Its all about what characters I get attached to and if those characters are involved its automatically better.
I get attached to many characters, so I guess that means the show is always automatically better.
Quote:
Solider? He does have a bo staff, but he is probably the easiest to defeat Digimon and himself in a fight. Not hating on just an observation.
That has nothing to do with it, and it's a shinai, not a bo staff. He practiced Kendo and as he continues studying it, he can eventually move away from the practice sword to bokuto and real ones. Iori is very traditional and the main issue with his character was his inability to see anything in grey. He saw everything in black and white. He came across as soldier like in this regard. "He's bad, therefore we must fight against him!" Why? Because society taught you that. No need to question authority. He grew up in a police family (hence the Kendo as it's a requirement to study it or Judo in Japan). Very traditional and simplistic in his ways, wearing the perfectly cut approved hair just strikes me as a disciplined soldier in the military.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #204
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I get what your saying about Cody. Its been a few years since I have seen much of season 2 beyond Battle of The WarGreymon and the final battle with the re-digivolved Myotismon, so my knowledge of the character is faded. he seemed to be the least focused on over everyone.

As for second-in-command, it seemed like the endgame to Matt's story about finding himself and overcoming his loner status to showcase his key trait of friendship, a key to being of leader qualities when needed. It helps that he is the best friend of the leader. He is more reserved so he would not step up to be the leader but being just as good as Tai seemed to show that he could.

Its not silly at all. What drew me to the series was the fact it was so full of characterization. All these things these eight individuals had to overcome to make it work. They had inner demons to beat,learn to get along and use their own strengths for the team, the relationships with their Digimon partner, a child with such weight on his/her shoulders beating these power lusting and world conquering beast of data to perserve two worlds. I give the series such praise for that. Even if I did not care much for Tamers and disagree about the Leomon angle it too had so much characterization for a "kid's cartoon".
Old 11-08-2014, 08:51 PM   #205
Allio
Foot Elite

Old 11-11-2014, 04:36 PM   #206
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

How much does it take to remove the rest of the egg shell to get to Gatomon's egg?
http://digimon-adventure.net/
Old 11-12-2014, 12:49 AM   #207
ssjup81
Foot Elite

No idea. It's strange, isn't it? It has 0 still.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:39 AM   #208
Leofan26
Mad Scientist

I don't know how they'll tie every thing in, saw the new photo of the cast. Looks like the entire original cast is returning together, what about the 02 kids? How are they going to explain there absent while T.K and Karai are here?

Or are they going to do what they did with the original kids and have the 02 cast come in every once in a while to help?

How are they going to explain Mimi's appearance? She's living in New York, never once did she say she came back as a foreign exchange student for a while. Ever since she's moved she stayed, even till she was an adult.

Also, what about Joe? He was absent pretty much for trying to pass those college exams.

Are they going to try and new elements with the old ones and act like some have always been? I don't get it
Leofan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 08:46 PM   #209
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
I don't know how they'll tie every thing in, saw the new photo of the cast.
The silhouettes or actual photos of them? If it's the latter, I'd like to see it.
Quote:
Looks like the entire original cast is returning together, what about the 02 kids? How are they going to explain there absent while T.K and Karai are here?
Maybe Takeru and Hikari won't be around as much as we think. The adventure will obviously (well seemingly) focus on Taichi, so it would make sense for Yamato and Sora to be around as well as Koushirou as I'm sure they'll all be attending the same high school. Koushirou would be in his first year, Taichi, Sora, and Yamato in their second year, Jou in his last year, but who knows what school he'll be in. In 02, he was in junior high school, but the school was a private one (which he was studying for in Adventure and the exam he was taking in movie 2 was for the school he was attending in 02).
Quote:
Or are they going to do what they did with the original kids and have the 02 cast come in every once in a while to help?
I think this would make the most sense. If we're focusing on Taichi, we would be focusing on the high-school kids, not the junior high school kids so much.
Quote:
How are they going to explain Mimi's appearance? She's living in New York, never once did she say she came back as a foreign exchange student for a while. Ever since she's moved she stayed, even till she was an adult.
Why would she be a foreign exchange student if she came back to Japan? She had to move to the US in the first place because of her father's job. It's very very common here for business to send their employees over seas for a few years. It could be as short as two or three years or maybe something along the lines of five. As a matter of fact, they say working in a company here, it should be expected that you'll be sent overseas at some point. I had a student who was just transferred to Brazil. I think he and his wife will have to stay there for three years.

That aside, Mimi and her family could always move back to Japan after his assignment is over. Also, we have no way of knowing if Mimi stayed in New York until adulthood. It was never stated anywhere.
Quote:
Also, what about Joe? He was absent pretty much for trying to pass those college exams.
No he wasn't. He was a junior high school student. He was in his last year of junior high school for 02. Jou's character studies a lot and attended juku (cram school) as well as regular school. He was also attending juku in Adventure as an elementary school student. Juku is so common in Japan for students to do extra studying and can run as late as 10:00 at night.

For 02, he was probably studying extra hard for high-school entrance exams, unless his private school is one of those step-up type places where it holds junior high school and high school and doesn't require one to take a high-school entrance exam because you remain in the same system. Some private (expensive) ones have it all the way through university.

So yeah, the students I could see being busy with "real-life" stuff are:

Jou (preparing for university entrance exams)

Koushirou (because he'll be a first-year high-school student, which means a lot of testing)

Mimi (if she's back in Odaiba, as she'd also be a first-year high-school student)

Miyako (if she appears, preparing for high-school entrance exams)

Takeru, Daisuke, Ken (if they're participating in sports clubs, as it's mandatory for junior high school students to participate in a club and sports clubs are the most time-consuming)

Notice that even in 02 with the Odaiba Junior High School kids...

You saw Yamato more than Sora. You saw Koushirou more than Taichi.

Taichi and Sora had sports clubs (Soccer and Tennis). Yamato and Koushirou didn't.

In high-school, which isn't mandatory to attend in Japan anyway, but most do, club activities aren't mandatory.
Old 11-12-2014, 10:50 PM   #210
Allio
Foot Elite

been playing All-Star rumble

takes way too damn long to get through the story modes (which are all the same for the characters and all are just as tedious)

luckily you don't have to play the story mode for 4 of the characters (when you unlock one evolution for a digimon, the other will get it....ex. beat aumon's story will also get Omegamon for Gabumon's evolution)
Old 11-13-2014, 01:30 AM   #211
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

uh, Allio, there's a thread for All Star Rumble in the video game section.
Old 11-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #212
Allio
Foot Elite

since we may or may not be seeing Hackmon, I wonder if we will also see his guardian sistermons as well...with them and their creepy eyes
Old 11-17-2014, 04:05 PM   #213
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I'm starting to wonder if there's a glitch....
Old 11-20-2014, 06:50 PM   #214
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

After 11 days of inactivity we have not just Gotomon's egg but three at the same time. It also appears to have started at 500,000 opposed to 1 million. I guess the ones overseeing the project realize it will take a year at the rate it was going so they are hurrying us along. Placing this on the English version of the website would really help matters.

http://digimon-adventure.net/
Old 11-20-2014, 07:58 PM   #215
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Cool. Maybe they did realize that it would take too long. The eggs are Pichimon, Poyomon, and Yukimibotomaon.

So the order is...

Jou
Takeru Hikari

I guess if they stick to this pattern, based on the silhouettes, next time it'll be...

Nyokimon
Pabumon Yuramon

Sora
Koushirou Mimi
Old 11-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #216
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Wow, the count is going down fast. Yesterday afternoon, it was like 480,000 something. It's 471,000 something now.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #217
ssjup81
Foot Elite

This is so awesome! This count is going down fast. What info do you think will be revealed this time?
Old 12-01-2014, 10:54 PM   #218
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So on a work day I can get a lot of of clicks.

Laptop: 1
iPad: 1
iPod Touch: 1
iPhone 4: 1
iPhone 5: 3

Neat, eh? Using the wifi I can get extra clicks. If I brought my laptop to work, I could get another click through that too. On the iPhone 5 I have LINE, but I can't to the extra wifi trick thing through that. Only once. With the browser, I can click once with the cellular data and then connect to wifi and get another. If I charge my Nook, I could use the browser through that and get a click through wifi and I'm sure I could if I used my PSP and 3DS. That'd be 10-11 clicks a day. lol

That aside, I was hoping they'd show the kids out of sillouette form, but seeing their partners would be nice, but we don't know if they will go mega.
Old 12-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #219
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So on a work day I can get a lot of of clicks.

Laptop: 1
iPad: 1
iPod Touch: 1
iPhone 4: 1
iPhone 5: 3

Neat, eh? Using the wifi I can get extra clicks. If I brought my laptop to work, I could get another click through that too. On the iPhone 5 I have LINE, but I can't to the extra wifi trick thing through that. Only once. With the browser, I can click once with the cellular data and then connect to wifi and get another. If I charge my Nook, I could use the browser through that and get a click through wifi and I'm sure I could if I used my PSP and 3DS. That'd be 10-11 clicks a day. lol

That aside, I was hoping they'd show the kids out of sillouette form, but seeing their partners would be nice, but we don't know if they will go mega.
Fan assumption is the other six will gain a mega form by the end of the season. I would like to have Tai and Matt have a league up on the others but it would be cool to have them reach the level as well.

I get five a day. Three on my personal computer and two on my work computer.

It dropped just under 30,000 in one day! A nice jump! Its now at 348,150.
Old 12-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #220
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Fan assumption is the other six will gain a mega form by the end of the season. I would like to have Tai and Matt have a league up on the others but it would be cool to have them reach the level as well.

I get five a day. Three on my personal computer and two on my work computer.

It dropped just under 30,000 in one day! A nice jump! Its now at 348,150.
I didn't even think about the Digimon going to higher forms. My assumptions jumped straight to the human characters. lol

That aside, I'm not so sure I'd want to see all of the Digimon go mega...would take away from the uniqueness of it...and to be honest, I don't think I have any partner megas I favor (from the Adventure/02 groups that were featured).

Metal Garurumon...was meh, as I really really liked Weregarurumon.
War Greymon was....meh to me.
Imperialdramon and its mode changes didn't appeal to me much..
Omegamon I didn't care for...
Seraphimon and Holydramon didn't really do anything for movie 3...

I think the only mega form that would've grasped my interest would've been Rosemon, but I've finally seen the character, albeit it was through Digimon Savers and the V-Tamer manga, but prior to both, Rosemon was the mega I was most interested in. She looked cool and had a whip and since one of her moves was called "Roses Rapier" I figured she'd have a sword-like move too. lol

Tags
digimon