The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 12:33 PM   #121
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
You know this means box theory was right
What is this

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:29 PM   #122
Powder
So tired of this place

Meh. Piranha Plant is certainly a fun surprise, but otherwise, I share sdp's overall disappointment. I'm less salty though as I dropped all expectations after the first direct.

That DLC is freakin' overpriced, though.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 01:45 PM   #123
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Meh. Piranha Plant is certainly a fun surprise, but otherwise, I share sdp's overall disappointment.
I'm tryin'a figure out how people can be disappointed with 74 bloody characters. Outside of randos that nobody cares about, there really aren't too many characters they can pull from.

Quote:
That DLC is freakin' overpriced, though.
$6 for a character + stage + music or $25 for a five pack? What game do you play that gives you that for less?

Old 11-01-2018, 01:52 PM   #124
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Incineroar is my dream come true. I think he is the best pick of a Generation 7 Pokemon rep, and certainly a way better pick than Decidueye.

Really glad that all the fake leaks can be put to rest, now that we know the whole base roster.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:07 PM   #125
raph27
Mad Scientist

Piranha Plant is such a stupid character and I love him. Totally out of left field.

Spirits are neat I guess? Probably not going to use them much, just like the fighter powerups in Smash 4.

Pretty excited about that story mode, the intro cutscene they showed was great. The whole cast just got snapped.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:17 PM   #126
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Hey guys I am picking up my Nintendo Switch tomorrow can you guys recommend me a quality protective glass and case or any other accessories I should pick up????
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM   #127
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

I'm pretty happy with all of this. The plant is so weird that I'm excited for him. He looks fun.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:04 PM   #128
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
Hey guys I am picking up my Nintendo Switch tomorrow can you guys recommend me a quality protective glass and case or any other accessories I should pick up????
I got this one and it's worked for me pretty great.
https://www.amazon.com/amFilm-Temper...UIL&ref=plSrch
Also, I definitely reccomend getting a pro controller.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #129
Allio
Foot Elite

Though you will need a GameCube adaptor for smash
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:55 PM   #130
snake
Disgusting

I'm a salty grinchbro. I fell for that leak hook line and sinker. It's going to take me awhile to get over this one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 09:12 PM   #131
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allio View Post
Though you will need a GameCube adaptor for smash
Nah, not necessary.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:39 PM   #132
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Nah, not necessary.
Agreed. I'd rather have a pro controller. Or y'know the joycons might be alright for this. There's some games that control like butt on it but some are decent or better.

Old 11-02-2018, 06:48 AM   #133
raph27
Mad Scientist

Quote:
As previously mentioned, I'd recommend the amFilm screen protector. Cheap and great quality.

As far as cases go, you have a ton of options all depending on what you want out of it. I use the Hestia Goods case, it's a hard case that has pouches for 20 games plus a large mesh compartment for chargers and other things.

I'd also recommend picking up a microSD card considering the Switch only comes with 32GB. There's a 128GB one on Amazon right now for $23.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:02 AM   #134
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Only tournament nerds still use Gamecube controllers.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #135
Allio
Foot Elite

or anyone that likes how the controller feel.

and just to be clear, I was joking earlier.
Old 11-02-2018, 10:56 AM   #136
sdp
Baxter did nothing wrong

I dunno, I don't like to be a controller elitist but I think one of the reasons I didn't play Smash 4 as much was because I didn't love how it played with either the Wii U gamepad or with the Wii U Pro controller.

I hope the joycons are a little better since I really don't need more cables in my house just to play with the GC controller. I wish there was a 1st party wireless GC controller instead.

I'm super excited to see what the DLC is, since we're getting DLC until 2020 I guess we can expect maybe two season passes? I also mentioned this before but I hope this is Sakurai's last Smash, I love him but I want someone else's take and I want Sakurai to work on other franchises whether it's Kid Icarus again or a new IP.

Quote:
I bought and really liked the Amazon Basics Switch case which besides the case also a nice tempered glass protector, a microfiber screen and some decent grips all for fairly cheap like $20.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm tryin'a figure out how people can be disappointed with 74 bloody characters. Outside of randos that nobody cares about, there really aren't too many characters they can pull from.
Well Smash for one gives me 69 characters more for just $35 more.

People are disappointed because it was an underwhelming final reveal and there are tons of characters to pull from even just from first party alone there are tons of highly requested characters and obscure ones, if we go third party the possibilities are endless. The fact that Smash 4 basically already did the "everyone is here" gimmick, they only missed like 5 characters so that wasn't such a big reveal either
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #137
Allio
Foot Elite

Never played Smash Wii-u (didn't have a wii-u, shocker) so I can't say anything about the controller. As for Brawl...I mean it was the wii-mote and nunchuck, any chance I had to get away from that playstyle I took.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #138
Turo602
The King of Kings

I never had any problem with any controller with the Smash games. It's not that hard to adapt.
Old 11-02-2018, 02:15 PM   #139
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
I'm tryin'a figure out how people can be disappointed with 74 bloody characters. Outside of randos that nobody cares about, there really aren't too many characters they can pull from.?
Agreed, the only real Nintendo all-stars still missing is Dixie Kong, and if you count Captain Toad separate from the Toads with Peach/Daisy. Besides that every other major Nintendo rep is in the game.

Most other characters people want are either third parties, stuff like Banjo-kazooie owned by Microsoft, and one-off randos like Geno or characters from dead franchises. While it would be nice to have these characters too, they aren't essential.

There really aren't any other major Nintendo reps left, especially now that ARMS also got the assist trophy treatment, and Sakurai passed on the other Xenoblade protagonists.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 02:31 PM   #140
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Well Smash for one gives me 69 characters more for just $35 more.

People are disappointed because it was an underwhelming final reveal and there are tons of characters to pull from even just from first party alone there are tons of highly requested characters and obscure ones, if we go third party the possibilities are endless. The fact that Smash 4 basically already did the "everyone is here" gimmick, they only missed like 5 characters so that wasn't such a big reveal either
So essentially, nothing they could have done short of the impossible would have sufficed.

Seems pretty entitled.