The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-20-2020, 05:26 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Predator 5

Well, this is surprising. It gets a 4th chance, now? (Predators was the 2nd, The Predator was the 3rd)

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/pr...ane-franchise/
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:33 PM   #2
raph27
Mad Scientist

I guess they think third time's the charm... yet I doubt this will kickstart a new franchise any more than the last two did.
raph27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 05:43 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by raph27 View Post
I guess they think third time's the charm... yet I doubt this will kickstart a new franchise any more than the last two did.
I hate to wonder, but maybe they're like, "What's the one thing we haven't tried... ah! A PG-13 Predator movie!!!" I wouldn't even see it.
Old 11-20-2020, 08:47 PM   #4
TMNTFanatic4Life
Stone Warrior

All I have to say is....GET TO THE CHOPPA!!!
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 10:22 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Looks like it may be a prequel, set around Native American tribes:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2020/11/20...RchVFpJecBz8Ok
Old 11-21-2020, 01:06 AM   #6
Allio
Foot Elite

Predator as a horror movie no longer even works. The "Fear" of the original was just simply we didn't know of him. At this point the Predator really will only work as a an action flick (AVP) or Something where we get to learn more of it's aliens (like how Predators took place on a Predator hunting ground.)
Old 11-21-2020, 01:31 AM   #7
Barkworm
Super Moderator

At this point in my life, I am basically done with movie franchises. Everything has become an adaptation, a sequel, a reboot, a mild reboot, a re-imagining, it is boring as ****.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:39 AM   #8
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkworm View Post
At this point in my life, I am basically done with movie franchises. Everything has become an adaptation, a sequel, a reboot, a mild reboot, a re-imagining, it is boring as ****.
I wasn't this way 5 years ago. But kind of... becoming this way, yes.

In this particular case, best case scenario. They keep it R but lower budget. Experimental. Artsy. Maybe there's something there with something like Predators visiting Native American tribes way back. Who knows.

Though even if it is a hit. Where do you go from there? Doesn't seem a thing with growth beyond itself. But maybe that's fine.
Old 11-21-2020, 04:34 AM   #9
neatoman
Emperor

Remember how the last one was supposed to end with Ripley from Alien showing up? Not really sure why they would want to make Alien vs Predator 3, as that would imply, so it's probably a good idea to cut it. Still, it would have obviously been a different version of Ripley, unless time travel is involved... Would anyone accept a version of Ripley not played by Weaver?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:35 AM   #10
Sumac
Banned

Last movie had autism as a new step of evolution and Predators trying to colonize the Earth, because, of global warming.

How much of this **** will be in the next movie?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 04:37 AM   #11
Barkworm
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I wasn't this way 5 years ago.
Me neither. I think it started with Episode VII for me. While I liked that movie when it first came out, it became really obvious to me that Hollywood was going to play things safe forever. Making new stuff (at least Blockbuster wise) seems too risky.

The last sequel thingy I watched in a theatre was Blade Runner 2049 and I loved everything about it, it was clever, artsy (but not obnoxiously so), it took its time. But it flopped and that's just depressing.
Barkworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:13 AM   #12
AquaParade
Banned

Just like Terminator, I think they need a fresh approach. When something is as tired as this franchise, subverting expectations can be a great trick. Flip it into an actual horror film ala the first alien or make the next unexpected badass superhero out of the Predator. Let's get weird because nothing has been great since the original movie.

If not that, let's at least get back to a one-on-one fight night event worthy duel with a badass lead and some practical, visceral effects.

Orrrr, get Neil Blomkamp on it. His concepts for the Alien franchise were really interesting.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 11:18 AM   #13
Last Ronin
Hench Mutant

This cow has alot of milk to give and it's spoiled. The last Predator movie sucked
Last Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 12:47 AM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So they want a young cast:

https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/02/10...fV7mAsjwGvbTaQ
Old 02-11-2021, 08:24 PM   #15
Sumac
Banned

If this is like their last attempt, they might just as well put this **** somewhere in the dark corner of the a random warehouse or flush it into the toilet. I am sure, somehow it would be more productive than releasing this crap onto the unsuspecting world.
Old 05-24-2021, 02:51 PM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's filming soon. The main actress is cast.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/amber-m...-new-predator/
Old 07-28-2021, 12:10 AM   #17
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More details. The director kind of sounds pretty full of himself here. "I know exactly what worked about the first movie" and "this will be the 2nd best movie at least"... hold on, man.

https://www.darkhorizons.com/new-det...predator-film/

Also, "it could easily end up as PG-13." So in other words no, he doesn't understand much.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:29 AM   #18
Sumac
Banned

And the last movie was written by the guy who worked on the first one as well and the result...?
Yeah, I don't buy those boasts.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:41 AM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
And the last movie was written by the guy who worked on the first one as well and the result...?
Yeah, I don't buy those boasts.
I kind of feel for Black. I would've liked to have seen his original version of The Predator to judge before Fox made him reshoot the whole last third. He still hasn't done even 1 interview about it since.

But yeesh. This new guy is saying a PREDATOR movie is OK in PG-13? You've completely lost me, if that's the case.
Old 07-28-2021, 04:44 AM   #20
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I kind of feel for Black. I would've liked to have seen his original version of The Predator to judge before Fox made him reshoot the whole last third. He still hasn't done even 1 interview about it since.

But yeesh. This new guy is saying a PREDATOR movie is OK in PG-13? You've completely lost me, if that's the case.
Let's not forget that Disney owns Predator since they own Fox. They could ask for a PG-13 version to appeal to a larger audience, You know to make more money from it.