The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 07-14-2016, 05:18 PM   #41
Powder
So tired of this place

What's wrong with his microscopic cameo?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:04 PM   #42
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
I might wanna edit out TMNT 2 Secret of the Ooze next - axing out Keeno, cringeworthy tame weaponless fights and other pointless things. It's like I'm being cleansed from the cringyness of the past.
It sounds like a fun project for a rainy afternoon, but if you cut all of that stuff out the movie will be 20 minutes long and make no sense.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:58 AM   #43
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What's wrong with his microscopic cameo?
It felt very self indulgent.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #44
Powder
So tired of this place

Do you know the circumstances of his involvement or are you assuming he just ran up to someone working on the film & said "Give me a line!".

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 03:29 PM   #45
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Do you know the circumstances of his involvement or are you assuming he just ran up to someone working on the film & said "Give me a line!".
You know, I can't remember for sure, but it seems like Smith discussed being approached/working on the movie in one of his big Q&A DVDs.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 02:47 PM   #46
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
You know, I can't remember for sure, but it seems like Smith discussed being approached/working on the movie in one of his big Q&A DVDs.
If a movie franchise is brought back you can bet Smith will be asked or lobby to be involved somehow. I roll my eyes when he appears in returning franchise movies or TV shows.
Old 10-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #47
WebLurker
Hench Mutant

I recently got to see the movie. As a fan introduced through the Nick show, I felt generally at home (April knowing martial arts, for example).

As far as the question goes, I kind of think its its own thing. The designs are different. April has a very different job and has clearly been training for an extended period of time. Splinter has an intact Shredder helmet, while the Shredder's helmet did not survive intact in the original series. The easter egg references to the original movies could only suggest that stuff like them happened, not that the movie is in continuity. Finally, "Turtles Forever" establishes that the live action movies and TMNT are separate realties.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:50 PM   #48
Tetsu Deinonychus
The Iron Dinosaur

I tend to think of it as a loose sequel to the original trilogy, but yeah a lot obviously had to have happened between the two.

I think it's a better continuation than Next Mutation, though.
Tetsu Deinonychus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 03:27 PM   #49
thundermaster612
Mad Scientist

About the thing Kappa quoted on the other page. I think Splinter is wearing Master Yoshi's robe. That would be interesting.

I only sometimes consider it's canon. I don't want to be too sure that it is till we get a real confirmation
Old 01-22-2017, 02:29 PM   #50
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundermaster612 View Post
About the thing Kappa quoted on the other page. I think Splinter is wearing Master Yoshi's robe. That would be interesting.

I only sometimes consider it's canon. I don't want to be too sure that it is till we get a real confirmation
Real confirmation is watching all 4 movies yourself. See how the characters look and act in the first 3 and tell me you envision those same characters somehow working in TMNT 2007. I really don't see Judith/Paige as a globe trotting ninja archaeologist, nor do I see movie Splinter sending movie Leo on a world trek when he mostly wants them to stay hidden in the sewers. Then they need jobs all of a sudden just because Leo left? Was he the breadwinner in the first 3 movies and somehow we never knew about it? How did Splinter regrow his ear?

I know people change and all, but these guys in the 2007 movie are completely different characters.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 02:41 PM   #51
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
(And seriously, the Nightwatcher arc needs to be brought up again. It's a pretty damn good story for Raph)
I have to agree. That was one of the best things in the movie, and it'd make a hella awesome arc in a comic or cartoon series.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:27 PM   #52
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
I have to agree. That was one of the best things in the movie, and it'd make a hella awesome arc in a comic or cartoon series.
The entire concept of the turtles splitting up when growing older should be more played on in current and later versions.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #53
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The entire concept of the turtles splitting up when growing older should be more played on in current and later versions.
I do like the idea of the group going off to live their own lives then coming back together to accomplish a common goal. I mean, it doesn't even need to be that they had a falling out though that would regenerate the most drama, I guess. I believe the final volume of the Mirage Comics had something like that going on, unless I'm mistaken, which never got resolved.
Old 02-01-2017, 03:35 PM   #54
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I would like to have believed that the ultimate goal of the Mirage future TMNT was that they would first learn to live independently of one another, then eventually learn to come back together at times when need be or whatever, but ultimately still get on with their solo lives. But never forgetting the good times together.

Because that's kind of how it's supposed to work in life. You don't just, like, plant down roots and hang out with dad and your siblings just living with them your whole life. I mean, I guess you could, but that's not really the way it's supposed to work.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 03:36 PM   #55
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
I do like the idea of the group going off to live their own lives then coming back together to accomplish a common goal. I mean, it doesn't even need to be that they had a falling out though that would regenerate the most drama, I guess. I believe the final volume of the Mirage Comics had something like that going on, unless I'm mistaken, which never got resolved.
The concept was as early as "Splinter Vanishes" (great episode with former enemies Rat King and Leatherhead teaming up), even if it was just temporary.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:22 PM   #56
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I do like the silly concept that just because someone leaves all of a sudden they have to get jobs. This happened in the 2007 movie when Leo left but why? Was he the breadwinner and suddenly the others had to pick up his slack in his absence? Same with 'Splinter vanishes', he leaves and suddenly jobs become important. Why?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 PM   #57
THGhost
Puppet Master

I guess I do. It's supposed to be, right? There's stuff seen in a closet from previous movies, including the sceptre from TMNT III. Unless that was meant as a simple easter egg.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 08:28 PM   #58
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I do like the silly concept that just because someone leaves all of a sudden they have to get jobs. This happened in the 2007 movie when Leo left but why? Was he the breadwinner and suddenly the others had to pick up his slack in his absence? Same with 'Splinter vanishes', he leaves and suddenly jobs become important. Why?
Well, in TMNT, I saw it as them needing distractions from the fact they were drifting apart, and were beginning to transition into a mundane lifestyle. Michaelangelo, always being the social goofball, just liked the birthday party gigs. Donatello probably wanted something to help stimulate his intellect...and tech support was not the way to go. Raphael didn't actually have a job, I think, though he definitely wanted to let off steam and feel like he was contributing to keeping the city safe even if it wasn't on a grand scale.

In the 80s cartoon, well, it was just silly fun as usual.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:17 AM   #59
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
In the 80s cartoon, well, it was just silly fun as usual.
Erm I wouldn't call their father leaving without saying goodbye and then having to fend for themselves silly fun. I was quite shocked when I first saw Splinter Vanishes. It's a bit of a cop out towards the end but it's one of the stronger episodes of Season 4.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:08 PM   #60
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Erm I wouldn't call their father leaving without saying goodbye and then having to fend for themselves silly fun. I was quite shocked when I first saw Splinter Vanishes. It's a bit of a cop out towards the end but it's one of the stronger episodes of Season 4.
I meant that the show itself was that, not the situation. Even when the show got serious (well, the earlier seasons), there was always an undercurrent of cheesiness to it.

Tags
tmnt 2007