The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: They could have seriously made this a two-parter with more backstory...
Of Course I'm going to attack you! 16 18.60%
I would eat him just to shut him up... 36 41.86%
We have to find that helmet or we'll have to keep looking at Shredder's gross face. 13 15.12%
Who gave Michael Jackson a mohawk and a tron suit? 10 11.63%
Want More Foot History NOW!! 11 12.79%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2014, 12:32 PM   #61
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I thought it was a good episode, finally being able to see Shredder without the Helmet, I was amused by the exchange Rahzar and Tiger Claw had regarding the Cats vs Dogs thing.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #62
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I have a feeling that Russian dude is going to be Rocksteady.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #63
JTH
"ME"

"The Legend of Kuro Kabuto": IGN Review
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/06/...-kabuto-review
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #64
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I have a feeling that Russian dude is going to be Rocksteady.
I think most of us already knew that, TigerClaw.

It was practically confirmed by this episode.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 PM   #65
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

It was interesting to hear the history behind the Shredder's helmet.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:49 PM   #66
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

eh...the episode was alright.

Raph was kinda getting on my nerves though.....and then later in the episode he suddenly changes his mind about saving Karai :T

Bebop was cool though.....it's sad that him and Steranko will be changed into mutants....more human villains would be nice.
Old 06-15-2014, 12:51 PM   #67
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
eh...the episode was alright.

Raph was kinda getting on my nerves though.....and then later in the episode he suddenly changes his mind about saving Karai :T

Bebop was cool though.....it's sad that him and Steranko will be changed into mutants....more human villains would be nice.
You know, I want Tigerclaw to be demutated (or however you would say it) against his will for some reason. I'm just curious how he would react to it since he's obviously embraced his mutations all of these years. There ya go, a human villain.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 12:59 PM   #68
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

I like how Rahzar and Tiger Claw, sees that whole Cats vs Dogs thing being ridiculous, when they were teamed up.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:06 PM   #69
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

Why would they though? They were both human.
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #70
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Why would they though? They were both human.
I think that the humanity that Tigerclaw once had is long gone, given how long he's been mutated.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:03 PM   #71
JH24
Hench Mutant

That was an amazing and very entertaining episode. I really enjoyed the fight scenes and the interactions and the final fight with Shredder was really the icing on the cake.

I liked Shredder's portrayal in this episode, for once he's not preoccupied with revenge but with retrieving the helmet, in a way it changed how he interacted with others, especially the turtles. I liked the backstory of the Kuro Kabuto.

The scene between Shredder and Karai was interesting, Shredder sounded surprisingly sincere, showing a bit of a different side.

Zeck and the Russian guy make a great duo (I'll pop your head like blueberry!) and Anton Zeck is a fun character.

I also have to compliment Dominic as Leonardo, personally I feel he did an amazing job. There are some differences but he really caught Jason Biggs' mannerisms and way of speaking. I can honestly say I didn't need to adjust to his voice at all. It sounds great.

All in all, a great episode. I'm really enjoying the episodes which focus more on the Foot and Shredder. Oh, and I enjoyed Rahzar's and Tigerclaw's banter, it's fun to see they're actually getting along, with both being warriors a sharing a kind of bond between them.

Last edited by JH24; 06-15-2014 at 02:12 PM.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:06 PM   #72
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Cool Episode! Fortunately, someone had already posted it up on you-tube, so I didn't have to wait very long to watch it. Loved the Foot backstory, and Tigerclaw and Rahzar's chat was fun. Zeck/Bebop is a really cool character- I like him already! Not so sure about the Russian guy, but he could be interesting. Shredder IS a total jerk, I don't really understand what he has against Splinter beyond their feud over Shen, who is long gone anyway. Since it was Saki's jealousy that got her killed, he has no leg to stand on here.

A little disappointed that Baxter didn't speak, but it's cool that Xever can still understand him. I loved Bebop's tech (that skate-line thing he was using to move through thin air was AWESOME!) especially the invis-suit. Some sweet stuff in this ep.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:13 PM   #73
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Fun episode for sure! Nice to see most all of the Shredder's minions working together all at once (even if Baxter was conspicuously silent), and they each even had a few decent moments.

Zeck and Steranko were great. Love J.B. Smoove, love him as Zeck, will love what's coming next. Gonna enjoy seeing these two interact more as time goes on.

Dominic Catrambone as Leonardo was more noticeable this time (because, y'know, he had more lines). His vocal quality is good for the role, but unfortunately he didn't feel quite "right" compared to Jason Biggs. I feel like Biggs sells it a bit more, if that makes sense? I guess we'll see how that situation pans out, but if Dominic is in the role full-time, I'm sure he'll grow into it more as time goes on.

Last edited by Bry; 06-15-2014 at 03:09 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:29 PM   #74
marcelangelo
Mad Scientist

I also asked myself why baxter didn't speak..was this another flipped around order in the episodes?maybe in next weeks ep something happens to baxter so that he is unable to speak...
I certainly don't remember any reason why he shouldn't be able to talk in the legend of the kuro kabuto...
apart from that the ep had some nice things for me..I like the bad guys team ups....loved razahr and tiger claw snipping at fishface
and rocksteady um uh...steranko invading with a helicopter was a surprisde for me...in THAT instant I thought -hey mabe its time for the intro to the new turtles blimp here!!!!too bad it didn't happen...
loved the hand drawn flashbacks in the last two eps...
marcelangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:33 PM   #75
Chinibio
Random Punk

Great episode, and really liked the part with Rahzar and Tiger claw talking. Whenever a show gets the time to create bonds between the bad guys, I really appreciate it. I think it makes the show even more interesting. I'm glad to see this show is apparently taking that road. And I hope they don't just stop there. In the past there have been some shows i have been watching just because of the dynamics between villains were so well done. Watch out turtles if they do the villains right, I just might start cheering for the bad guys! (joking I love the green team too much to do that)
Chinibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:42 PM   #76
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Actually I did kinda like the bad guys in this episode more than the turtles. Especially since shredder gave them a mission that didn't involve them. Honestly the turtles could have skipped this episode and just have it be about the mutants trying to find Anton and then maybe fight each other for credit of who delivers the helmet back to shredder.

Bout time shredder had 4 mutants for 4 turtles though. That already puts him on too of the others.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 02:53 PM   #77
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Ok episode, though focusing on the intro of a new character kinda lacking on who are supposed to be the stars of it. Will be honest I found the new guy ever so slightly annoying. And Baxter randomly lost his voice?

Leo's voice... if they ever fully switch it will be tolerable, though think he needs to work on the tone or whatnot a little.

For now, if it continues to occasionally jump back and forth between Biggs and this new guy... given Leo's age I'm just gonna try to pretend it's normal male teen voice change stuff going on. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:03 PM   #78
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here's Black Nerd's recap of this episode.

Old 06-15-2014, 03:09 PM   #79
MaximeLoonatic
Hench Mutant

Everybody it's so sure that the russian it's going to be Rocksteady... But how can we be so sure? If he get mutated, why he would join Shredder? He is not a loyal ally in my point of view
MaximeLoonatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:12 PM   #80
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximeLoonatic View Post
Everybody it's so sure that the russian it's going to be Rocksteady... But how can we be so sure? If he get mutated, why he would join Shredder? He is not a loyal ally in my point of view
You have to take into account that all the characters in the Nick series are In Name Only, They won't be like the originals, Since this series is its own thing.

That Russian dude is going to be Rocksteady whether people like it or not, I have no problem with it.

Tags
bebop