The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 01-08-2018, 12:00 PM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

KIM JONG UN... WHO... IN THE BLUE HELL... ARE YOU??

Press the button! I dare you, I double dare you!

Oh, it could be golden...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:04 PM   #22
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
That didn't stop Obama!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Technically McCain wasn't born in the US either.
He's a Panama Baby.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #23
Mayhem
Foot Elite

What we need is that certain amendment and Arnie running for the job
Old 01-08-2018, 12:13 PM   #24
Ninjinister
無問題

Oprah would arguably just as anti-science as Trump, so why would anybody who enjoys progress even entertain this as an option?
Old 01-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #25
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

Personally, I'm hoping to see my man Camacho enter the race.

He knows what what plants crave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #26
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

If Terry stands for the same things Terry talks about, I could totally be in support of his candidacy.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:21 PM   #27
sdp
-

Looks like there'll be more participants and it'll be more exciting to watch the 2020 Primaries than the 2016 ones, I don't think anyone could've ever predicted that.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 12:45 PM   #28
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

While I'm sure she'd generally be very well intentioned and have the country's best interests at heart (unless she's been very expertly playing us all these years...), I wish we could stop with the celebrities thinking they should become involved in the goverment... (Was annoying enough a bunch of years ago when they all started publicly saying who they were "endorsing" like it mattered.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
We should support her.

She interviewed the Turtles after all
Hm... if Trump could hire some of the clowns that have already come and gone, I see no reason she shouldn't give the Turtles cabinet positions. They're pretty much as real as the dropouts so far in the current presidency.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:55 PM   #29
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

She tweeted that she doesn't want to run.

I think I've heard her talk about it in the past - like 10 years ago. At the time, she didn't want to subject herself to the kind of intense public scrutiny that political candidates go through. Makes sense to me. She'd be up against it too, just from the sheer volume of TV she's done, a muckraker would have everything they need to spin her into any kind of monster they want.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:26 PM   #30
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

As some have said beforehand, I would like to know her political position on policies. In doing so by debating political pundits on all sides of the political spectrum, and her reasoning for them.

...It was a nice speech Oprah made, but ultimately vacuous as that day of no longer having a "MeToo" movement will never happen. As long as there is money and power, there will always be abusive power that slips under the public radar, especially when others keep quiet about it. I mean how many people are truly willing to risk retaliation to their career or social status in helping another, for these principles that they virtue signal about? Asking for that elusive day, is like requesting all of society to fall on the sword of virtue (in leading toward their own career/social demise), for the benefit of others/society, and in this growing era of narcissism, how likely does one think that's gonna happen?

Even after the Weinstein ordeal broke out, still very few in the industry will say anything on the record:
Quote:
At each banquette, as starlets of yesteryear gazed from their photographs on the walnut walls, he found himself in the same discussion. “All night long,” Mr. Klein said, “it seemed like there was only one topic: Harvey Weinstein. It’s all anyone wanted to talk about.”

On Thursday, The New York Times published an investigation that found at least eight settlements paid over several decades to women who said Mr. Weinstein, high-powered film producer, had sexually harassed them. It was the equivalent of a neutron bomb going off in Hollywood, which came to a virtual standstill as stars, agents, producers, studio executives and publicists discussed almost nothing else. Some people were disgusted by the accusations. Others, perhaps recalling being on the receiving end of Mr. Weinstein’s notorious temper, gleefully passed around a link to a pop-up website selling R.I.P. Harvey clothes. And that was before Mr. Weinstein was fired by his film company on Sunday.

But few in this spotlight-seeking town spoke publicly.

Welcome to Hollywood, where people love to wag self-righteous fingers — over the past year, awards shows have become a platform for industry bigwigs to rail against the Trump administration — but run for cover whenever the topic casts show business in an unflattering light.

From Thursday to Saturday, I called more than 40 entertainment industry players, and almost all refused to speak for the record. Some said it was because their companies (or publicists) needed to approve anything they would say, while others gave reasons that painted a picture of a community hobbled by fear, self-interest and hypocrisy. “Ladies of Hollywood,” Rose McGowan, one of the actresses who settled with Mr. Weinstein, wrote on Twitter on Friday, “your silence is deafening.”

A publicist for an A-list actress said there was no “upside” for her client to comment, especially since she did not have a movie to promote. One producer wanted to know who else was on the record so he would be “quoted in good company.” An agent said he was repulsed by the silence and quoted a Latin phrase meaning, “He who sits quietly gives consent.” Then he refused to talk.

Along with Ms. McGowan, some other famous voices took to Twitter, including Lena Dunham and Brie Larson. But they were the exceptions.

“It’s been extremely quiet — almost radio silence,” said Claudia Eller, editor of Variety. “Part of the reason is that Hollywood always protects its own. Going back through history. And there is still a lot of fear. Is Harvey really done?” In Hollywood, after all, there is no shortage of sequels.

Of course, almost no one gets ahead in Hollywood by being a boy scout. In this image-conscious land, where publicists sometimes seem to outnumber people to publicize, the rule is to avoid being linked with controversy by any means necessary, lest you risk having your brand being tarnished or any of your own untoward behavior exposed.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/08/b...hollywood.html

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 01-08-2018 at 11:43 PM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:48 PM   #31
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I mean... isn't this exactly the sort of thing that will play well with voters in Peoria?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 09:54 AM   #32
Prowler
Emperor

Lol Trump becoming president really set a precedent. I know Reagan was an actor but he wasnt' a reality show star or anything like Trump is/was

Anyway, nothing should stop an actor or tv personality from running for office. For all we know, some of those people might actually know a lot about politics and become good political leaders. But if they want to get into politics they should start from the bottom, like running for mayor or something, before attempting to run for the big one.

Now on a lighter note:

The Rock
Kanye West (with Kim Kardashian as First Lady)
Oprah

...good luck, Americans, if true

Quote:
That didn't stop Obama!!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Wasn't McCain born in Panama?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #33
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Gayle King says that Oprah is intrigued by the idea, but she's not considering it.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/oprah-wi...eo-1202239134/
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #34
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Kanye West (with Kim Kardashian as First Lady)
Bad enough with what we're currently stuck with. If that somehow became the case... well, the rest of you countries aren't true friends if you don't come liberate us from it. (Just try not to destroy anything important in the process, 'kay?)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #35
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Bad enough with what we're currently stuck with. If that somehow became the case... well, the rest of you countries aren't true friends if you don't come liberate us from it. (Just try not to destroy anything important in the process, 'kay?)
But then we'd face the wrath of Kanye's fans(he has a ton of them) and of those teenage girls who love Kim K. I'd rather be on the receiving end of an atomic bomb tbh
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #36
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

What nickname would Trump have for Oprah I wonder? You know how he likes those.

Along with Oprah I’ve also heard elizabeth warren, joe biden, bernie sanders, chelsea clinton and mark cuban so it will be interesting to see what finally happens in 2020.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Trump: "Yeah, I'd beat Oprah. It'd be a lot of fun."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a8150306.html
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:52 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
What nickname would Trump have for Oprah I wonder? You know how he likes those.

Along with Oprah I’ve also heard elizabeth warren, joe biden, bernie sanders, chelsea clinton and mark cuban so it will be interesting to see what finally happens in 2020.
I think a Warren / Biden ticket could be very likely. Or, Biden / Warren.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:36 PM   #39
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
I think a Warren / Biden ticket could be very likely. Or, Biden / Warren.
Yeah probably the most likely out of those names I mentioned. On second thought who really knows nowadays.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #40
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I want Jesse Ventura as President. Also I heard Ron Perlman is thinking about Running in 2020 he has talked about it a lot on twitter a few months after trump won