The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-29-2021, 09:52 AM   #21
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Wow... the Vincent D'onofrio Kingpin back in it? Around episode 5?

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...gs.0ea1.6od48i
This seems to support this:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/ma...gs.0c97.he8xdd
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:26 AM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

About 5:00 in on episode 3 and...

Spoiler:
... that is 100% the D'Onofrio Wilson Fisk there. You don't see his face, but that's him standing there in his Daredevil season 1-style black suit and that's his voice. Also plenty of allusions to him later. Hawkeye clearly knows about him as he all but mentions his name at one point. Fisk is definitely "Uncle."

No shadow of a doubt now, it's him. These first three episodes are ho-hum but I'm really stoked.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-01-2021 at 02:00 AM.
Old 12-03-2021, 04:13 PM   #23
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
About 5:00 in on episode 3 and...

Spoiler:
... that is 100% the D'Onofrio Wilson Fisk there. You don't see his face, but that's him standing there in his Daredevil season 1-style black suit and that's his voice. Also plenty of allusions to him later. Hawkeye clearly knows about him as he all but mentions his name at one point. Fisk is definitely "Uncle."

No shadow of a doubt now, it's him. These first three episodes are ho-hum but I'm really stoked.
Yeah I 100% think that was Kingpin. That is the D'Onofrio laugh right there
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 01:29 AM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So
Spoiler:
no Kingpin, just a Yelena cameo at the end

Also, they couldn't help themselves. They had to force an awkward moment where a random black lady mentions that "my wife made that bag" or whatever.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-09-2021 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-15-2021, 01:47 AM   #25
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yep.

Spoiler:
Kingpin/Fisk. But... it's only a reveal at the very end. Of a grainy photograph (but D'onofrio is in the end credits so it's for sure). So the entirety of the potential Kingpin content will only be in the final episode next week.

So yeah. Pretty weak. On the whole.
Old 12-22-2021, 02:16 AM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So the finale.

A perfectly sound beginning to the episode... followed by a completely campy, goofy rest of the episode. Like Batman & Robin when they fought Mr. Freeze's ice squad. And then an infuriating treatment of Kingpin. THIS is how they bring him in? To do this to him?

This whole show apparently only exists to demonstrate how awesome Kate is and how icy cool this Echo is. It accomplishes neither task. One big goofy 6 hour camp fest to just do that. Nothing else.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-22-2021 at 02:21 AM.
Old 12-22-2021, 11:40 AM   #27
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

I doubt Kingpin is dead he will probably be the villain in the Echo Series. That part where Maya Shoots him is straight out of a Daredevil comic.
here are the comic panels in question

Spoiler:

Also looks like Laura is mockingbird with the way she looked at the watch and AOS fans (yes that show actually has fans) are pissed

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 12-22-2021 at 11:56 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:33 PM   #28
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Also looks like Laura is mockingbird with the way she looked at the watch and AOS fans (yes that show actually has fans) are pissed
AOS has tons of fans and I'm one of them. And just because she may take the role that Mockingbird filled doesn't mean the original Mockingbird never existed.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:38 PM   #29
neatoman
Emperor

I have not read the particular comic where he gets shot in the eyes... But I have read this one:
Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:50 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Yeah, what a great reintroduction of the Kingpin. Gets beat up by a young inexperienced girl, hit by a car, and then has to fake a death.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #31
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Having watched the episode, and seen several YouTube videos on his appearance, his entire arc in this series was apparently adapted from the same arc in Daredevil, where she does in fact shoot him, and leaves him for dead. He loses an eye instead. So the general consensus is that he WILL be back, in part because comics, and in part because by tv/movie villain logic, no body = no death. I liked the ending, personally, and only found it mildly campy with the tree scene and the fight with Yelena and Kate. But both were entertaining, so I didn't mind.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 02:59 PM   #32
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Having watched the episode, and seen several YouTube videos on his appearance, his entire arc in this series was apparently adapted from the same arc in Daredevil, where she does in fact shoot him, and leaves him for dead. He loses an eye instead. So the general consensus is that he WILL be back, in part because comics, and in part because by tv/movie villain logic, no body = no death. I liked the ending, personally, and only found it mildly campy with the tree scene and the fight with Yelena and Kate. But both were entertaining, so I didn't mind.
Did they ever tell Yelena how Nattie actually died?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 03:10 PM   #33
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Did they ever tell Yelena how Nattie actually died?
The gist of it yeah.
Old 12-24-2021, 03:32 PM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The gist of it yeah.
Cool, and she backed off and all that or did it end in a way where she still wants revenge or something.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 12-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Cool, and she backed off and all that or did it end in a way where she still wants revenge or something.
The former. It's put to bed.

What isn't mentioned at all is how Valentina or whatever figures into all of this. Valentina told Yelena that Hawkeye killed her sister at the end of Black Widow (which isn't mentioned at all here)... yet Kate Bishop's mom hired Yelena to kill Hawkeye anyway? Yelena would have tried to kill him anyway. Doesn't really jive well.
Old 12-24-2021, 04:21 PM   #36
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The former. It's put to bed.

What isn't mentioned at all is how Valentina or whatever figures into all of this. Valentina told Yelena that Hawkeye killed her sister at the end of Black Widow (which isn't mentioned at all here)... yet Kate Bishop's mom hired Yelena to kill Hawkeye anyway? Yelena would have tried to kill him anyway. Doesn't really jive well.
I guess it's 'in case no one saw the movies' but that also makes no sense since these shows are supposed to be for the ones that watch each and every one of these.

Old 12-24-2021, 04:36 PM   #37
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I guess it's 'in case no one saw the movies' but that also makes no sense since these shows are supposed to be for the ones that watch each and every one of these.
I guess when Kate's mom called someone to kill Hawkeye, she actually called Valentina, who then brought Yelena in on it? So the end credits scene of Black Widow takes place somewhere between episodes 2 and 3 of Hawkeye? Maybe? But that's still pretty messy. And that would mean Valentina is dealing in things as simple as on demand assassinations?

I was hoping it would be implied that Kingpin somehow owns Valentina. That this new Avengers she is gathering is really orchestrated by him. But nothing here.
Old 12-24-2021, 11:46 PM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

SJWs are happy about a supposed "queer Christmas" in the show. I guess because Kate wore a tuxedo for 2 minutes in the show?

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021...mas-story.html

Some real weirdos out there.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-28-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2021, 09:52 AM   #39
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
SJWs are happy about a supposed "queen Christmas" in the show. I guess because Kate wore a tuxedo for 2 minutes in the show?

https://www.belloflostsouls.net/2021...mas-story.html

Some real weirdos out there.
Similar to how that one woman's main reason to do the Loki show was to have a single line hinting he's bi.... this kind of crap is literally the only thing these weirdos care about.

I'm surprised Kate didn't just make out with Yelena. That would have gotten a standing ovation, and from other people besides Cybercubed.

Old 01-07-2022, 09:37 PM   #40
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Vincent D'Onofrio addresses the fans saying that Fisk is way stronger than he was in Daredevil:

https://comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel...gs.f128.l4pni3

"You know I learned recently, a couple of the fans, they were very excited about it, they were commenting about the strength that I have," he started. "Because I'm throwing Kate [Bishop] around and stuff. But, I totally forgot. I just saw a clip on Twitter of me and Charlie [Cox] fighting in [Stephen] DeKnight's first season. Obviously, he's an incredible director. He helped develop the character of Wilson Fisk."

"There's a scene that we shot on an alley, in a street in Brooklyn, where I'm literally throwing Daredevil (Charlie) through the air. Like, I'm picking him up and swinging him 15 feet into a garbage can. I do it a few times in that fight. It's no different, it's really not," D'Onofrio continued. "So, I keep saying that it's the same Fisk that was in Daredevil. It's the same canon, but people get confused about things. I understand."