The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-20-2019, 12:32 AM   #61
Wildcat
Foot Elite

This is why I said before that I hate when Ghostbusters is brought up now. It’s just a freaking movie.

I said they’ll probably do a universe crossover after doing part 3. No need for calling it a missed opportunity (though I appreciate the sentiment) and definitely no reason for Leslie Jones to complain.

Those who want to hate the reboot for whatever reasons they think they should, fine but stop plastering it all over anytime so much as the word Ghost is typed.

As for the kids/teens plot rumors that’s perfectly fine if it’s true.

Sorry but everyone used up all thier complaints on the reboot. Especially since this is literally a proper sequel with the original characters and creative force.
Old 01-20-2019, 01:23 PM   #62
Sumac
Banned

The guy who had written this...bad article passing as an "editorial" most likely had never been laid in his life, since he is trying so hard to virtue signal, my monitor had nearly started to vomit pink and blue hairs.

Just this: "white male director", "specific audience", "GB'16 was bad because it was starring 4 women"...Holy crap. It's like this loser had scrubbed all possible SJW cliches and threw them into blender which had shat this..."opinion piece".

Modern "journalism" my ass.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #63
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
She definitely sounds like she has some screws loose.
just figuring that out now? apparently the only reason she even got on snl at all was because she knew someone who was in power there. so pretty much a diversity hire, not a talent hire.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 01:38 PM   #64
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
The guy who had written this...bad article passing as an "editorial" most likely had never been laid in his life, since he is trying so hard to virtue signal, my monitor had nearly started to vomit pink and blue hairs.

Just this: "white male director", "specific audience", "GB'16 was bad because it was starring 4 women"...Holy crap. It's like this loser had scrubbed all possible SJW cliches and threw them into blender which had shat this..."opinion piece".

Modern "journalism" my ass.
Dont forget "long threatened Ghostbusters 3"

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:56 PM   #65
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post

As for the kids/teens plot rumors that’s perfectly fine if it’s true.

Sorry but everyone used up all thier complaints on the reboot. Especially since this is literally a proper sequel with the original characters and creative force.
Nonsense. This is an entirely new set of complaints.

Kids can't act. I don't want to see that sh*t. Don't tell me it's all even and fine because we might get five minutes of Ray Stanz in between two hours of whatever the "Young Sheldon" kid's name is. Four 12-year olds running around doing "Home Alone Face" while Ray and Winston whine about being old and fat sounds like water torture.

Let me guess the plot: Kids are terrified by ghosts, nobody except the original surviving Ghostbusters believes them (despite TWO MOVIES supposedly in the same universe that conclusively prove the existence of ghosts), and ghosts are like Santa Claus, they only have power if kids Believe. Therefore, in the end, the New Ghostbusters win over the evil spirits NOT with proton packs, but by sincerely embracing the mantra "I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost."

That's not a Ghostbusters movie, that's "Goosebumps, directed by Steven Spielberg."

I don't want a stupid "gimmick", I just want a f*cking decent movie, either the last one ever or, if they HAVE to, a pass-the-torch deal. Why kids? Why not actual people in their 20s so at least the premise makes sense and is believable? Because they feel like they can't sell the movie without a dumb gimmick. And they're wrong.

Y'know, it's whatever. I was looking back over the development hell of the last 15 years, and when you consistently see names like Seth Rogen, Chris Rock, Jonah Hill pop up, and then you see what they actually got around to making, you realize that nothing they did was ever gonna be any good. Only Ramis and Reitman knew what they were making and why it worked; one guy is dead, the other is retired from the series, and that kind of understanding is not hereditary. I'm sure his kid's a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he Gets It.

We'll see. I don't want a gimmick movie and I damn sure don't want a kids movie. Because when THAT fails is when they pack it in and start making the talking dogs movie because they have no other ideas.

"Ghost Buddies", coming straight to DVD, Halloween 2022. You heard it here first.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:56 PM   #66
Vegita-San
Emperor

please don't bend over backward to get the chinese dollar.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...Lo3WDlBZRWC5kg

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:00 PM   #67
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
please don't bend over backward to get the chinese dollar.

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/...Lo3WDlBZRWC5kg
Ugggghhhhhhh. Why can't they just make a special Chinese edit of it that doesn't use the word?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 06:18 PM   #68
Leo656
The Franchise

Oh, come ON.

Get f*cked with this stupid sh*t.

Old 01-20-2019, 06:41 PM   #69
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

China can go get bent they are so stuck up its silly
Old 01-20-2019, 06:53 PM   #70
Leo656
The Franchise

Well, if nothing else, we finally have a good enough reason for full-scale war with the Chinese. So there's that.

Old 01-20-2019, 11:23 PM   #71
Wildcat
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Nonsense. This is an entirely new set of complaints.

Kids can't act. I don't want to see that sh*t. Don't tell me it's all even and fine because we might get five minutes of Ray Stanz in between two hours of whatever the "Young Sheldon" kid's name is. Four 12-year olds running around doing "Home Alone Face" while Ray and Winston whine about being old and fat sounds like water torture.

Let me guess the plot: Kids are terrified by ghosts, nobody except the original surviving Ghostbusters believes them (despite TWO MOVIES supposedly in the same universe that conclusively prove the existence of ghosts), and ghosts are like Santa Claus, they only have power if kids Believe. Therefore, in the end, the New Ghostbusters win over the evil spirits NOT with proton packs, but by sincerely embracing the mantra "I Ain't Afraid Of No Ghost."

That's not a Ghostbusters movie, that's "Goosebumps, directed by Steven Spielberg."

I don't want a stupid "gimmick", I just want a f*cking decent movie, either the last one ever or, if they HAVE to, a pass-the-torch deal. Why kids? Why not actual people in their 20s so at least the premise makes sense and is believable? Because they feel like they can't sell the movie without a dumb gimmick. And they're wrong.

Y'know, it's whatever. I was looking back over the development hell of the last 15 years, and when you consistently see names like Seth Rogen, Chris Rock, Jonah Hill pop up, and then you see what they actually got around to making, you realize that nothing they did was ever gonna be any good. Only Ramis and Reitman knew what they were making and why it worked; one guy is dead, the other is retired from the series, and that kind of understanding is not hereditary. I'm sure his kid's a nice guy, but that doesn't mean he Gets It.

We'll see. I don't want a gimmick movie and I damn sure don't want a kids movie. Because when THAT fails is when they pack it in and start making the talking dogs movie because they have no other ideas.

"Ghost Buddies", coming straight to DVD, Halloween 2022. You heard it here first.
That is the exact attitude I’ve been seeing towards this franchise since like 2006. Absolutely nothing is ever good enough.

It’s not even an actual complaint at that point. It’s literally just deciding to not like something no matter what simply because it’s not how you would do it or imagined. So there’s no point in trying to please this area of the fan base...that’s done.

Even if Ghostbusters 3 came out in the 90s it most definitely would have used whatever trends were popular at that time. Thats for sure.

Passing the torch to another team or family members is and has always been the best way to go. Not sure how teens would inherit the business but whatever they planned wouldn’t really take place until a part 4.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:38 PM   #72
Leo656
The Franchise

Passing the torch is one thing. Stretching the limits of all plausibility by making the new team literal children is f*cking stupid. Even 18-19 is a stretch, but at least they're technically adults. Actual children is ANOTHER pathetic gimmick when we just sat through one of those.

They don't know what they're doing. They don't understand the product. They're trying to figure out who they can "sell" it to, instead of just making a movie and letting people figure out if they like it. "Let's sell it to chicks!" Didn't work. "Let's sell it to kids!" Hey, I got an idea... how about you "sell" it to Ghostbusters fans?

It's less about, "Here's what I would do," and entirely, "How can anyone think that making the new Ghostbusters actual children is anything but a terrible idea?"

Kids can't act, kids movies are terrible, This Sucks.

It's not impossible to make a good movie that people will actually like, they're just not trying at all to do that. They're hung up on all the wrong things, like copying "It" and "Stranger Things".

Copy "Ghostbusters". People will like that. It's worth a shot, it's the ONE idea they haven't tried yet.

Old 01-21-2019, 12:50 AM   #73
Wildcat
Foot Elite

I can’t say it’s a terrible idea because even if it’s true I have clue how they’re gonna do it.

At the moment I can only think maybe two are grown up enough to go on jobs (like you said 18-19 are technically adults) and the kids work at the headquarters on gadgets or something. Like if one is a child genius or builds stuff.

I know you probably hate the way that sounds but my gosh it can’t do anything at all without receiving some kind of label?

They’re not actually going to had the gear to a bunch of kids and say goodbye.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:03 AM   #74
Leo656
The Franchise

Sure it can. "Stop treating the franchise like they're ashamed of it" would be a good start. They're sitting in an office asking themselves who they can market it to, which is the wrong approach. Just make a movie that isn't cheesy.

What they ought to be doing is watching the first two a few times - a few episodes of the cartoon wouldn't hurt, either - and figuring out how the story of that universe would organically evolve into something recognizable in 2019. Obviously the original players are going to have to bow out, but they can do it in a way that doesn't insult the intelligence of the audience.

The last film was such a colossal misfire, you'll forgive me if I don't trust "these people" again, yet. Again, all of this could just be misdirection. Remember how like, 5 minutes after they announced the last movie, they announced ANOTHER Ghostbusters movie, one that was supposed to be all dudes as a "balance" to the other movie, and then it never happened? These people change their minds a lot. All I'm saying is, IF they decide to make a film that's predominantly about a bunch of 12-year olds, I'm not at all a fan of that, and I don't think it's gonna work.

But they might not. We don't know. All I said was "If."

Old 01-21-2019, 04:22 AM   #75
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Maybe the kids would be in the vein of Extreme Ghostbusters, that’d be awesome.

Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:51 AM   #76
Wildcat
Foot Elite

@ Leo656, You don’t have to trust the same people because they’re not making it. It’s by those who actually do care a great deal.

Dan Aykroyd has wanted part 3 forever. He must have at least 10 treatments/scripts to barrow from. I really want to know how many there have been. I’m certain he cares more than anyone else in the world. That does not guarantee a great movie but it’s close enough.

The Guy movie never happened but that was obviously just talk. This has a teaser a year and Jason is posting pics of himself with the car. Unless something causes it to get canceled it’s gotta be legitimate.

I’m open to any new idea but I’ve always wanted something like the new MIB. Ghostbusters Inc. Multiple branches that operate in other places. Every team has thier own headquarters and Ecto vehicles unique to them. Ray or all the remaining 3 are the Presidents.

I also wish it would take place somewhere other than NY for a change.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:57 PM   #77
Leo656
The Franchise

Extreme Ghostbusters was alright. I somehow missed it until it was in reruns, someplace. Wasn't really my cup of tea but it didn't feel like a misfire. I never got the Ecto-1 from that toyline, that's an eternal regret.

Video game was alright, too.
------------

Wildcat: By "these people" I mean Sony executives. As I've explained before, they're the ones with all the power, not any of the people you mentioned. I appreciate their input, and their hearts may indeed be in the right place, but they have very little power as far as any decisions go.

Inside of two days, we went from hearing "respectful sequel in the spirit of the original" to "We can't say 'ghost', and also, it's a kids' movie". And it went from, "The original cast is onboard!" to, "...Well, probably," to, "Well, nobody's actually signed up yet, BUT... y'know, probably. Maybe. Definitely Maybe." And so on.

How can you promise people "a respectful sequel in the spirit of the original" when then, you keep talking, and accidentally reveal that you actually DON'T have anything set up yet as far as a cast, a script, or... anything? You gotta pay very close attention to how these people talk, and read between the lines.

Again, please forgive me if I want to contain any enthusiasm whatsoever for a project that they still clearly don't have a solid plan for yet.

We know all of ONE thing for certain, right now: They're making another movie. That can go a million different ways between now and then, and frankly, there's only a couple of things that they can come up with that won't be terrible. Plus, this is it; no more "mulligans", they screw this one up, they'll never get the audience back. There's a lot riding on getting this exactly right, and there's very little room for error.

We shall see. I'm not quite convinced they actually want to do the kids' movie. I'm almost 100% certain that right now, they're just "leaking rumors" to see how people online react to different ideas. I'd bet the farm that they have absolutely nothing on paper, yet.

So yeah, we'll see.

Old 01-21-2019, 04:46 PM   #78
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I agree that people should stop trying to add extra gimmicks to what is essentially already a gimmick. You want a gimmick? Try four dudes that zap ghosts with laser guns and trap them in a box. That's all the gimmick you need.

Reminds me of when TMNT Back to the Sewers used the internet gimmick and that won out other proposed ideas like the Turtles babysitting themselves or the card game idea. All that when the only gimmick you need are humanoid turtles that fight with ninja weapons.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #79
Leo656
The Franchise

It's like, people don't even realize what a perfect storm the original film was. It was thisclose to disaster. They wanted time travel, a flying/talking car (think GB from the Filmation cartoon), parallel dimensions... in the FIRST movie! The fact that nobody would pay for any of it is why they had to whittle it down to something presentable, but it was originally an over-stuffed mess. We got lucky.

Thing is, I study films a lot. I'm obsessed with the making-of, behind-the-scenes stuff. It's fun, it's fascinating, but you know what sucks? Finding out over and over again that YOUR favorite movie(s) of all time was a complete piece of sh*t before someone saved it in the editing room. Seriously. Every great film I've ever seen started out with a terrible script, constant studio interference, and no idea what the final product would be until the day it opened. Everything from "Back to the Future" to "Beetlejuice"... all terrible until the final cut. It's disheartening to constantly be faced with the cold, hard FACT that nobody in the business has any idea what they're doing, EVER.

Every good movie ever made was a complete accident. So forgive me if I'm a bit cynical. It's true, you really DON'T wanna know how the sausage is made. it's a bummer.

Old 01-21-2019, 07:27 PM   #80
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's like, people don't even realize what a perfect storm the original film was. It was thisclose to disaster. They wanted time travel, a flying/talking car (think GB from the Filmation cartoon), parallel dimensions... in the FIRST movie! The fact that nobody would pay for any of it is why they had to whittle it down to something presentable, but it was originally an over-stuffed mess. We got lucky.

Thing is, I study films a lot. I'm obsessed with the making-of, behind-the-scenes stuff. It's fun, it's fascinating, but you know what sucks? Finding out over and over again that YOUR favorite movie(s) of all time was a complete piece of sh*t before someone saved it in the editing room. Seriously. Every great film I've ever seen started out with a terrible script, constant studio interference, and no idea what the final product would be until the day it opened. Everything from "Back to the Future" to "Beetlejuice"... all terrible until the final cut. It's disheartening to constantly be faced with the cold, hard FACT that nobody in the business has any idea what they're doing, EVER.

Every good movie ever made was a complete accident. So forgive me if I'm a bit cynical. It's true, you really DON'T wanna know how the sausage is made. it's a bummer.
I am curious of Beetlejuice's origins.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote