The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-28-2021, 04:29 PM   #861
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
You guys don't think that there will be a roundup of Spidey's at the end of act 2 to usher in act 3?

Act 1 - Peter initiates the spell and by the end of act 1 all of the villains have arrived and kicked his ass.

Act 2 - he's regrouping. The villains are also regrouping and planning. Strange tells him he needs help. They roundup the other Spidey's with some dialog between each and by the end of act 2 they are all in the MCU.

Act 3 - they go to confront the Sinister Six, with Daredevil showing up mid-act 3 in costume.

Furthermore, the Dr. Strange dialog in the trailer about "they are coming through, I can't stop them!" is actually an act 1 scene, not an act 3 scene, maybe? Just speculating.
Act 1: the spell. Villains start appearing. Peter deals with them. Peter has a lawyer trying to look after him, Matt Murdock.

Act 2: more villains arriving, plus "the real threat" emerges (Mephisto/some kind of other multiversal threat). Peter strikes an alliance with some/all of the Sinister Six. Gets advice from Murdock.

Act 3: big climax. Everyone unites against the big real threat, including Tobey and Garfield Spider-Men. Maybe Miles, too. Murdock suits up as Daredevil. Venom shows up and does... something. Spider-Men go home and Sinister Six sticks around. The spell is perfected somehow.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:29 PM   #862
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Act 1: the spell. Villains start appearing. Peter deals with them. Peter has a lawyer trying to look after him, Matt Murdock.

Act 2: more villains arriving, plus "the real threat" emerges (Mephisto/some kind of other multiversal threat). Peter strikes an alliance with some/all of the Sinister Six. Gets advice from Murdock.

Act 3: big climax. Everyone unites against the big real threat, including Tobey and Garfield Spider-Men. Maybe Miles, too. Murdock suits up as Daredevil. Venom shows up and does... something. Spider-Men go home and Sinister Six sticks around. The spell is perfected somehow.
That was an entirely believable outline as well.... and in many ways likely given that Sony has wanted for decades to make a franchise out of the Sinister Six. Basically turn the villains it got it's grubby mitts on into heroes so that they can have a reason for using the I.P.'s repeatedly on film.

Looking forward to this movie, but not a fan of taking great villains and twisting them into the anti-hero bit. And still thinking that this will ultimately lead to Miles Morales taking over, although I'm doubting more and more now that Peter will die in this one.

The only caveat is the Mephisto thing. I could see that being revealed in Dr. Strange.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2021, 07:37 PM   #863
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The only caveat is the Mephisto thing. I could see that being revealed in Dr. Strange.
Not 100% on Mephisto. Maybe it's Morlun!

So the Sinister Six will be:

1. Doctor Octopus from SM2.
2. Sandman from SM3.
3. The Lizard from ASM1.
4. Electro from ASM2.
5. Scorpion from the end of SMH.
6. The Vulture from SMH.

Right? Maybe Green Goblin is the only one that can't be reasoned with. Maybe he teams up with Morlun to make his own deal to try and stay.
Old 11-29-2021, 08:11 AM   #864
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Official: A new Tom Holland trilogy is in the planning stages

https://www.ign.com/articles/tom-hol...source=twitter
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:38 AM   #865
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Someone thinks "Scooby Doo this crap" might actually be in reference to "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo":
https://screenrant.com/scooby-doo-th...Dofb-iwlPaoDeo

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:51 AM   #866
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Official: A new Tom Holland trilogy is in the planning stages

https://www.ign.com/articles/tom-hol...source=twitter
Pretty big stuff there. #1: There IS a new deal between Marvel and Sony, which is a really big deal as there has been 0 confirmation either way for months and the latest deal was over, #2: No, no end in sight for Tom Holland Spider-Man, #3: 3 new Spider-Man movies.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 11-29-2021 at 11:02 AM.
Old 11-29-2021, 11:42 AM   #867
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Someone thinks "Scooby Doo this crap" might actually be in reference to "The 13 Ghosts of Scooby Doo":
https://screenrant.com/scooby-doo-th...Dofb-iwlPaoDeo
I somehow doubt it, that article only quotes a reddit user's speculative comment which is rampant speculation. Why would it reference a forgotten scooby doo show almost no one remembers and it be featured in the trailer?
I think people are overthinking it and the writer just thought it'd be funny and it's only that scooby doo solves mysteries so even if it doesn't exactly fit, that's what he was going for. Occam's razor basically.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 12:18 PM   #868
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
I somehow doubt it, that article only quotes a reddit user's speculative comment which is rampant speculation. Why would it reference a forgotten scooby doo show almost no one remembers and it be featured in the trailer?
I think people are overthinking it and the writer just thought it'd be funny and it's only that scooby doo solves mysteries so even if it doesn't exactly fit, that's what he was going for. Occam's razor basically.
Yeah, there's a reason that website is called "screenRANT," haha.

As a kid, 13 Ghosts was probably my favorite run of the Scooby-Doo universe, so maybe the Marvel writers were also big fans, haha.

View my sketch work!
Old 11-29-2021, 12:44 PM   #869
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Despite facing Thanos directly, Tom Holland still feels like a newbie to all this. Maybe the next 3 movies will now show him as a more seasoned hero. I mean he can't be 'young fresh faced still learning how to be a superhero while being a kid' after having gone to outer space and dealing with the multiverse.

Good deal. I like Spider-Man and even the Venom movies. As long as those keep coming out, I can ignore all the woke MCU crap I don't care about like Shang Chi, the Eternals and whatever else and keep track with just the Spider-movies.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 06:14 PM   #870
CyberCubed
Overlord

It makes sense to follow Tom Holland's Spiderman through is college years, especially when in real life he'll be pushing 30 by the time the 4th Spiderman movie comes out.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 07:39 PM   #871
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I grew up with the 90s cartoon so to me spider-man is and will always be a colleged aged hero, he just doesn't make sense to me when he's in high school, he's too young.

This MCU movie has a huge level of hype, I don't think people have been this excited over anything MCU spider-man since his debut in Civil War. I'm pretty sure it's all because of Tobey, since THAT is spider-man for a lot of people. MCU spider-man will never be able to be more popular than Raimi's spider-man even with another trilogy, even with being the official MCU spidey. Raimi's spider-man is just too iconic. Same thing will happen to whoever the MCU Wolverine is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
As a kid, 13 Ghosts was probably my favorite run of the Scooby-Doo universe, so maybe the Marvel writers were also big fans, haha.
Mine as well
Old 11-30-2021, 09:23 AM   #872
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Secured my ticket for the midday showing on the 15th, it'll be the first Holland movie I'll have seen in theatres.
Old 11-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #873
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Secured my ticket for the midday showing on the 15th, it'll be the first Holland movie I'll have seen in theatres.
Did you buy it for AMC? Just curious if you go the NFT they were giving away.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:27 PM   #874
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Did you buy it for AMC? Just curious if you go the NFT they were giving away.....
Nah, Odeon.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:07 PM   #875
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The pre-sales for this movie are even beating out Avengers: Endgame's:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/spider-...engers-levels/
Old 11-30-2021, 01:12 PM   #876
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
The pre-sales for this movie are even beating out Avengers: Endgame's:

https://www.darkhorizons.com/spider-...engers-levels/
People got some love for Raimi's Spider-man 2... I swear it has to be the best selling DVD EVER. Any pawn shop/Goodwill/thrift store/etc. I visit ALWAYS has at least 2 copies.

View my sketch work!
Old 11-30-2021, 01:34 PM   #877
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Spiderman is bigger than iron man and the avengers, this had the live action spidey people care about + it is set in the MCU + it's the first MCU after end game that people are actually excited for + pandemic ending.
Old 11-30-2021, 01:36 PM   #878
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
it's the first MCU after end game that people are actually excited for
To be fair, "Spider-man: Far From Home" did pretty well:
https://www.boxofficemojo.com/release/rl3791750657/

View my sketch work!
Old 11-30-2021, 01:37 PM   #879
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's fairly intuitive of them to base the marketing almost solely around Doctor Octopus, so as to evoke memories of Spider-Man 2. Without giving much else away. They covered the most important part, I think.

And in terms of scale... hey, if we're saying that Avengers: Endgame was the culmination of 11 years of MCU movies, there could be a case for saying that Spider-Man: No Way Home is the culmination of nearly 20 years of Spider-Man movies.
Old 11-30-2021, 03:07 PM   #880
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Spiderman is bigger than iron man and the avengers, this had the live action spidey people care about + it is set in the MCU + it's the first MCU after end game that people are actually excited for + pandemic ending.
Yeah, I think people have seriously forgotten how huge Spiderman 1 and 2 were. They also came out at a time where superhero movies were dead and we just had X-men the year before. There were barely any superhero movies at that time after Batman and Robin flopped in 1997...so by 2002 people were amazed and shocked by Spiderman.

I was a teenager at the time and I remember the hype in my High School and online at the time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote