The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 02-22-2015, 10:49 AM   #8581
snake
Disgusting

I can't remember if I played Canvas Curse, but Rainbow Curse looks fun. Also, was the box art edited with angry eyebrows this time? It's something on a ton of kirby games.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #8582
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I can't remember if I played Canvas Curse, but Rainbow Curse looks fun. Also, was the box art edited with angry eyebrows this time? It's something on a ton of kirby games.
Newp! Happy Kirby!

Admin of Turtlepedia. If you have any questions or problems, let me know!

Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 05:52 PM   #8583
Peanut
Second Gear

I finished The Order 1886 and thought it was pretty good. It's not great and I could probably rattle off a significant list of issues without much effort, but I enjoyed it for what it was. Looked incredible, played decently and had some good story beats. Way too short and gameplay devoid for the price.

I think the ending is pretty stupid, what with
Spoiler:
Galahad basically standing over the city in the rain like some Victorian-steam-punk Batman
and the fact that the wider story is hardly even mentioned towards the end.

Don't buy it, but if you can borrow it or rent it I think there are worse games to play.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:52 PM   #8584
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm determined to beat Batman: The Video Game on my recently rediscovered NES. I had to clean the controllers out though, because the start button was semi-unresponsive. It plays like a dream now, but I'm still catching a beating from the Electrocutioner. Problem is, I run out of weapons and then the game gets really stingy handing out more.
Old 02-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #8585
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Awesome! It's great to see Kirby hiding his darkness for once.

I almost picked up Ducktales Remastered, but I was short 4 dollars.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:50 AM   #8586
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant

I've beaten 83/100 missions on Sonic Generations now. Nothing else new to report for that game.

I've 100% completed Super Mario 3D Land now. I got all the Golden Flags and I completed every stage with Mario and Luigi. I got five stars on the title screen, but I didn't learn that they only glitter if you never see the Golden Leaf box. I never used the Golden Leaf, but I did see the box in one or two levels. If I had known that seeing it would cause me to lose the glittering stars, then I would have been more careful! Oh well, I guess. I still thoroughly enjoyed this game! Well worth the Club Nintendo Coins!

I also finished my file on Donkey Kong Country. I gave up and looked at a guide for that last secret, and wouldn't you know it? It was located in a freakin' pit! I hate those kind of secrets that are hidden in pits and force you to die a ton of times in order to search for them. I checked all the pits before looking up a guide, too. I guess I just barely missed the barrel or something.

Nothing new to report on Punch Out!, or Pokemon Puzzle League.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:16 AM   #8587
Luke795
Hench Mutant

Which system are you playing Sonic Generations on?
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 11:45 PM   #8588
senpai
Stone Warrior

Currently neglecting playing Bayonetta. Now that it's spring break, I got more time to play it!
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:40 AM   #8589
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm back onto Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2, and It's fairly frustrating. The combat is not too different from the first game, so the countless hours I sunk into figuring that insanity out, have not gone to waste. This game has a lot of problems, but it's good enough to stick with.

My biggest bugbear currently is the crappy checkpoint save system. It's a semi open-world game that encourages you to explore, find collectables and earn XP to spend on powers and skills etc. Problem is, if you die, you go back to the last checkpoint, you loose all the collectables you have found since, and have to repurchase anything you bought in that time. That is a drag, and you never know where the checkpoints are - they are invisible and save automatically. I'm never certain when I can quit without replaying chunks of the game next time.

On the plus side: It's a beautiful looking game, and I doubt I will ever get another opportunity to see Dracula riding a burning propane cylinder like a rocket.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:38 AM   #8590
Freeman
Hench Mutant

2 words
Monster Hunter
Old 03-03-2015, 08:42 AM   #8591
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

My brother and I have been having a blast playing Super Mario 3D World lately. I can only imagine how chaotic that game gets when you've got four people playing it.

During one level, I ended up panicking and I fell to my death because of it, my brother says to me "Dude don't panic!" And I just screamed back at him "I'M PLAYING AS LUIGI, IT'S MY JOB TO PANIC!"

And speaking of Luigi, I think I'm going to go play some more Dark Moon.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #8592
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Tetris for the NES

Not only does it have the box as seen in the picture, but it also has the instructions, a Nintendo Power subscription form, and the small "Now You're Playing with Power" poster that the games came with.

I ordered this form a seller on eBay back in January, but they apparently didn't ship it out, or it just got lost in the mail. Either way, the seller never replied to any of the messages I sent him. So I had to get eBay involved, got a refund, and tried again with another seller, who was obviously better.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:12 PM   #8593
mexichrist83
Hench Mutant

Recently purchased "Double Dragon" and "Tiny Toon Adventures" for NES. Beat Tiny Toons in just a couple of hours. Haven't had a chance to play Double Dragon (it was a title I never owned as a kid). Looking forward to spending a few hours on it.
mexichrist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 08:53 PM   #8594
Peanut
Second Gear

Yo, all you guys posting old game gets, we have a game collecting thread for just such a thing and it's awesome! Go post in there!
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:43 PM   #8595
Wingnut
Mad Scientist

Mercenary Kings and Guacamelee

That's all for now folks.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #8596
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm fighting the end boss of Castlevania Lords of Shadow 2 and it's helluva frustrating.
Spoiler:
The camera angle is awkwardly high. Alucard/Satan is dressed in black and keeps spamming a black plume of smoke as he teleports around on a fairly dark background, making it difficult to keep track of what the hell is going on. Some of his attacks don't give you a chance to get back up before he hits you again, which is maddening.
I'm still going to beat it though.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #8597
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

I finally bought Ace Attorney Dual Destinies!

Both it and the Ace Attorney trilogy [the first three Ace Attorney games rolled into one] are on sale in the 3DS eshop right now! Spreading the word in case you've ever wanted to play them!
Old 03-12-2015, 11:21 PM   #8598
Storm Eagle
Saved by

During the past few days, I've been playing the NES version of DuckTales. This time, I've been trying it on difficult mode. I finished it yesterday on that mode, but I didn't get the best ending. Since I've finished it on difficult now, I might just try playing it again on that setting, and go for the best ending. I was forced to play the Amazon level last since it's a bit hard to get through with just three notches of strength.

I also finally made 25 lines in Tetris on level 9-height 5 in the type B game. I played it for about an hour until I got it done.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:09 PM   #8599
Turo602
The King of Kings

Splinter Cell: Blacklist - Gameplay was an improvement on the already spectacular Conviction but not as polished. I swear I can't believe nobody has ever mentioned how glitchy this game was. I had some insane **** happen, though I feel it was more likely during co-op. The story was a lot more interesting than some of the early ones but damn Sam's voice was god awful. The guy sounded so boring and disinterested. Should have just kept Ironside.

Batman: Arkham Origins - Not much I can say, it was practically a copy and paste of City, though it wasn't as great. There wasn't much new or impressive in this game but it was still very fun.

Deadpool - It's not the best hack and slash but it's certainly entertaining while it lasts. Also, I recall people saying the game was very easy and I honestly can't say the same thing about my time with the game. Were people thrown off by veteran difficulty being the normal difficulty and just went ahead and played on easy? I swear, Deadpool seems to die really quickly from gunfire, especially since enemies don't seem to reload. It's not that difficult but it sure did have its moments. Especially towards the end.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:29 PM   #8600
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist

Helldivers. It's crazy-fun co-op twin-stick hyphenated madness. Good $20 spent.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games