The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2020, 05:50 AM   #3121
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Correct. He controls it all.

I thought Super 7 confirmed they have a figure coming in 2021 but I can’t remember if neca confirmed one. I would assume they would and I know Stan is 100% in for any figures as I talked to him personally last year at Heroescon.

He said he LOVED the playmates figure, it bought him a house and if anyone wants to buy him a new house he is always up for more figures lol.
Man I had an AWESOME experience with him at Heroescon. I had met him at Baltimore before as well but last year took the cake. I'm actually a Baptist preacher and pastored this lady who had grandkids that were missionaries in China. So his story The Hidden really hit home for me. So when I got up to the front of his really long line I told him that I knew he had a policy of mostly just drawing an Usagi sketch but explained to him why The Hidden meant so much to me and asked him if he could draw me an Ishida if I would pay more. So he drew me an Ishida with a little Bible sticking out from behind his back standing on a tiny pulpit and when I pulled out money to pay him he said "No. I just want you to have this." and wouldn't take a dime from me! Stan is the man! When I met him in Baltimore he drew me a Ginn, Jei, AND Usagi. He really does love his fans.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:56 AM   #3122
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpugh2424 View Post
U seeing the new ones in Knoxville ?
It's hit or miss but thanks to UPS dominating my life it's extremely hard for me to get to a Target or a Wal Mart on a regular enough basis to keep a close eye on it. I do know a guy that's constantly hunting though and he has had pretty good luck. The sets from NECA that I have are all the Turtles, Shredder and Krang, 2 Foot Soldiers, Tokka and Rahzar, Leatherhead and Slash, Super Shredder, Metalhead, Casey and Raph from the first movie, and Bebop and Rocksteady. I found all of those in the wild except for Leatherhead and Slash and Super Shredder which I got for Christmas the other day and I really love.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:00 AM   #3123
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtlesFan View Post
I believe its only a matter of time before we get a Usagi from NECA. I think that figure will sell well behind only the TMNT and the main villains. I'm surprised they haven't announced him yet. I mean we are even getting the frogs now.
Usagi has such a rabid fanbase that I think it would sell like Tokka and Rahzar when they went up for preorders. I know I would be there for sure. I'm an Usagi diehard and if Stan Sakai put his personal stamp of approval on it then I know it would have to be mega awesome.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 07:24 AM   #3124
tmntfanuk
Foot Soldier
 
tmntfanuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
Usagi has such a rabid fanbase that I think it would sell like Tokka and Rahzar when they went up for preorders. I know I would be there for sure. I'm an Usagi diehard and if Stan Sakai put his personal stamp of approval on it then I know it would have to be mega awesome.
I agree, 100%. A Usagi line WOULD sell. And it would be damn awesome. But I really don't think NECA are interested, sadly.
tmntfanuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:49 PM   #3125
King Kahn
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! View Post
Man I had an AWESOME experience with him at Heroescon. I had met him at Baltimore before as well but last year took the cake. I'm actually a Baptist preacher and pastored this lady who had grandkids that were missionaries in China. So his story The Hidden really hit home for me. So when I got up to the front of his really long line I told him that I knew he had a policy of mostly just drawing an Usagi sketch but explained to him why The Hidden meant so much to me and asked him if he could draw me an Ishida if I would pay more. So he drew me an Ishida with a little Bible sticking out from behind his back standing on a tiny pulpit and when I pulled out money to pay him he said "No. I just want you to have this." and wouldn't take a dime from me! Stan is the man! When I met him in Baltimore he drew me a Ginn, Jei, AND Usagi. He really does love his fans.
That’s an awesome story man! Yeah he’s really even more awesome in person than you’d hope someone would be.

I actually had commissioned him to draw me an usagi vs shredder with Leo as well. It was actually the first time he ever drew Shredder and he actually used the super shredder as reference and looks amazing. It’s one of my most prized possessions.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:50 PM   #3126
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
That’s an awesome story man! Yeah he’s really even more awesome in person than you’d hope someone would be.

I actually had commissioned him to draw me an usagi vs shredder with Leo as well. It was actually the first time he ever drew Shredder and he actually used the super shredder as reference and looks amazing. It’s one of my most prized possessions.
Pic? Sounds bad ass
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 05:52 PM   #3127
King Kahn
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfanuk View Post
I agree, 100%. A Usagi line WOULD sell. And it would be damn awesome. But I really don't think NECA are interested, sadly.
Yeah. I’d kill for an entire line with Gen, Jei, and more. Neca wouldn’t do it but someone like Super 7 might.

Who knows, we may get another cartoon outside of the one already announced on Netflix that’s more “classic” usagi.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:30 PM   #3128
King Kahn
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Nashville TN
Posts: 361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
Pic? Sounds bad ass
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
King Kahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:36 PM   #3129
mikey0
Foot Elite
 
mikey0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 2,776
Stan Sakai’s Shredder reminds me a lot of Super Shredder. Neat photo, King Khan.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:40 PM   #3130
Coro
Mad Scientist
 
Coro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO USA
Posts: 2,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
Very nice display my dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Stan Sakai’s Shredder reminds me a lot of Super Shredder. Neat photo, King Khan.
He literally said it was...
__________________
SuperChadMonkey
Space Monkey Toys

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 06:03 AM   #3131
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA!
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Knoxville,TN
Posts: 973
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
If you can explain to me how to put those pics up here I will share the work he has done for me as well. The Gen he done for me is absolutely amazing.
__________________
Go Ninja! Go Ninja! GO!
T-U-R-T-L-E POWA! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #3132
Btown
Hench Mutant
 
Btown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
so you're the owner of that! I've seen pictures of this around the web for some time and I love it! it's amazing piece!
__________________
Btown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 08:46 AM   #3133
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 415
There’s 1 Baxter and Splinter 2 pack left at the West Milwaukee Target
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 09:27 AM   #3134
IMJ
Foot Elite
 
IMJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midwest, U.S.A.
Posts: 2,716
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
Here you go. I just told him " I want Usagi to go up against shredder" and he sketched out the rest, sent me prelims to see if I approved (Like I am going to art direct Stan HA).

It is up on my wall with the rest of my original TMNT art from Eastman (Raph sketch and the original cover), Laird Head sketch), and some original art pages of the IDW comic by Dan Duncan.
That's a great wall! Big time love/respect for OA collections...
IMJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:02 AM   #3135
vicsavage
Thug
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
There’s 1 Baxter and Splinter 2 pack left at the West Milwaukee Target
Picked it up on your tip. Thanks!
vicsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 10:14 AM   #3136
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant
 
TMNTFanatic4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicsavage View Post
Picked it up on your tip. Thanks!
Happy to help!

I think 2 is all they got at that location. And I dont think they got any Krangs but I did find one at the New Berlin location.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:26 AM   #3137
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 9,963
Its crazy how fast these things disappear. I must have got that at the perfect timing. All 7 of the remaining Baxter Stockman The Fly and Splinter 2 packs were gone today just two days later.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 11:39 AM   #3138
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,288
Someone on FB posted my target location had the Baxter and krang Christmas Eve at 930 am. By 1130 am, they were all gone. The picture shows five of each. It's no wonder I can't find these locally.
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.

Last edited by Shogun26; 12-29-2020 at 11:46 AM.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 12:25 PM   #3139
LincolnHawk
Stone Warrior
 
LincolnHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 949
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogun26 View Post
Someone on FB posted my target location had the Baxter and krang Christmas Eve at 930 am. By 1130 am, they were all gone. The picture shows five of each. It's no wonder I can't find these locally.
it's not scalpers that are buying them all, it's this CHC group....no one is listening
__________________
Hey look...no gigantic signature that takes up 1/2 the page and is animated.
LincolnHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 01:04 PM   #3140
inaheap
Stone Warrior
 
inaheap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 933
A large number of collectors vs limited supply is definitely part of the problem.
__________________
I have always liked Cowa-bunga!


We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.