The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 09-09-2021, 06:21 PM   #61
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not to defend this, but you could say the same thing about Ren & Stimpy. That ended about the same time as Fred Wolf.
Yes but...
  • Nickelodeon/Viacom owns the original Ren & Stimpy show, not just the characters by virtue of having bought the source material.
  • Ren & Stimpy was always a Nickelodeon show, Fred Wolf TMNT has never aired on Nickelodeon or Nicktoons.
  • Viacom benefits from Ren & Stimpy DVD sales distributed by Paramount and streaming of the show on Paramount+, FW TMNT isn't distributed by any of Viacom's subsidiaries and they don't see a penny from any official release of the show.

It's just weird to label this TMNT cartoon as "Nickelodeon" when it is quite literally the only TMNT cartoon that has nothing at all to do with Nickelodeon, Nicktoons or Paramount. Even the 4Kids show that wasn't made by Viacom, is still owned by Viacom, has aired on Nicktoons and is on Paramount+. It would actually make way more sense to use the 4Kids Turtles and I don't just say that in a biased sense but in one that would make more sense for corporate, if you want to make kids interested in an older TMNT incarnation, why not go with one you can actually profit from?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:09 AM   #62
Allio
Foot Elite

Ren and Stimpy got their reveal trailer. Including Aang and Korra we are still waiting on one more character.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:26 AM   #63
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Idk, technically with the 80s turtles appearing on 2K12 and some of the turtle shorts, and the facts that what's selling now are toys based on the 80s TMNT, Turtles in Time and the 90s movies, I guess Nick is profiting more off of them than say... Rise....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 10:46 AM   #64
oldmanwinters
Overlord

This was the Nicktoon I wasn't allowed to watch back in the day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ9DTYKJ_PM

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 05:30 PM   #65
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Q&A with the developer CEO who confirms 20 characters at launch with two more being added afterward, followed by additional DLC characters!

Judging by the fact that there have been three unique Avatar stages spotted in footage and that each character has their own stage, our last three reveals for the base game are looking to be Aang, Korra, and a third Avatar rep.

Spoiler:

Which, judging by this possible select screen leak, might be Toph.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 09:05 AM   #66
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Q&A with the developer CEO who confirms 20 characters at launch with two more being added afterward, followed by additional DLC characters!

Judging by the fact that there have been three unique Avatar stages spotted in footage and that each character has their own stage, our last three reveals for the base game are looking to be Aang, Korra, and a third Avatar rep.

Spoiler:
https://i.imgur.com/Wb4rzHd.jpg

Which, judging by this possible select screen leak, might be Toph.
Wait, they basically made Ren and Stumpy one character?

It's a shame that there are four turtles and they all look alike cause in games like these they take up 4 slots. Like it's weird them only having 2 turtles but to be honest I'm happier seeing April rather than just Raph and hopefully Shredder than just Don.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-16-2021, 10:56 AM   #67
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Yes but...
  • Nickelodeon/Viacom owns the original Ren & Stimpy show, not just the characters by virtue of having bought the source material.
  • Ren & Stimpy was always a Nickelodeon show, Fred Wolf TMNT has never aired on Nickelodeon or Nicktoons.
  • Viacom benefits from Ren & Stimpy DVD sales distributed by Paramount and streaming of the show on Paramount+, FW TMNT isn't distributed by any of Viacom's subsidiaries and they don't see a penny from any official release of the show.

It's just weird to label this TMNT cartoon as "Nickelodeon" when it is quite literally the only TMNT cartoon that has nothing at all to do with Nickelodeon, Nicktoons or Paramount. Even the 4Kids show that wasn't made by Viacom, is still owned by Viacom, has aired on Nicktoons and is on Paramount+. It would actually make way more sense to use the 4Kids Turtles and I don't just say that in a biased sense but in one that would make more sense for corporate, if you want to make kids interested in an older TMNT incarnation, why not go with one you can actually profit from?
Ren and Stimpy was on SpikeTV for a cup of coffee as well, so they weren't exactly a Nick cartoon fully.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 09:01 AM   #68
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

April's gameplay + interview.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 02:05 PM   #69
Allio
Foot Elite

Toph from Avatar has been leaked. Going by the leak Garfield and another character are post-release free dlc. Probably was meant to be in the base roster but the deadline caused it to where they couldn’t be added in on time.

Last edited by Allio; 09-21-2021 at 02:22 PM.
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 04:25 PM   #70
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Leonardo's moveset also got showcased today!
https://twitter.com/NickBrawlGame/st...20573461549056

ENDLESS SCREW is back, baby!

View my sketch work!
Old 09-21-2021, 04:26 PM   #71
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

1987 Turtles are cool, but I am most excited to play as Zim. Its a shame we won't get to hear him screaming though since the game has no voice actors.
FredWolfLeonardo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 08:45 AM   #72
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
1987 Turtles are cool, but I am most excited to play as Zim. Its a shame we won't get to hear him screaming though since the game has no voice actors.
That's pretty much a deal breaker. So is the game just gonna be full of silly pow! and wham! sounds but no voices? Laaaame.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:16 AM   #73
oldmanwinters
Overlord

The official YouTube upload of yesterday's April video:

EDIT: Official YouTube of Mikey's video (note Krang's android flying the stage background):

View my sketch work!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 09-22-2021 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-23-2021, 05:40 PM   #74
sdp
-

lmfao nintendo announced the last fighter reveal the date this game comes out, it'll kill any hype it hoped to build on release date, They didn't even mention this game on the nintendo direct and even an unaltered Pacman arcade port got a few seconds in the direct. I almost feel bad but it being intentional intentional is just funny.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:37 PM   #75
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
That's pretty much a deal breaker. So is the game just gonna be full of silly pow! and wham! sounds but no voices? Laaaame.
Honestly, that's the no.1 thing that a sequel to this game needs, if they don't add voice acting via updates. Someone added in voice clips to the trailer and it makes such a difference to the atmosphere of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
lmfao nintendo announced the last fighter reveal the date this game comes out, it'll kill any hype it hoped to build on release date, They didn't even mention this game on the nintendo direct and even an unaltered Pacman arcade port got a few seconds in the direct. I almost feel bad but it being intentional intentional is just funny.
Between this game with such a diverse and interesting cast, and just another likely anime swordsman reveal, I will choose the former everytime.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.

Last edited by FredWolfLeonardo; 09-23-2021 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 05:54 AM   #76
Ninjinister
無問題

why was that Grayson and Sinterniklaas??
Old 09-24-2021, 06:42 AM   #77
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

I'd guess probably because they had easily located, applicable clips from the various 2000s era games that would fit a frantic fighting game situation. (With grunts, smack talk, etc.) The uploader would've probably had to search a bit deeper through various episodes for OT cast clips to suit every bit of the trailer and they already had a bunch of other characters to assign clips to, so they cut some corners where possible.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #78
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
I'd guess probably because they had easily located, applicable clips from the various 2000s era games that would fit a frantic fighting game situation. (With grunts, smack talk, etc.) The uploader would've probably had to search a bit deeper through various episodes for OT cast clips to suit every bit of the trailer and they already had a bunch of other characters to assign clips to, so they cut some corners where possible.
Heh, well, there is no shortage of clean, fighting-game tailored April voice clips by Renae Jacobs, thanks to the TMNTxJL Turbo project. Check it out if interested.

If Nick ever decides to call her up to make it official for a future update of All-Star Brawl, she's had good practice!

Looks like we should expect some major patches to this game post-release:
https://twitter.com/NicoB7700/status...899954181?s=20

View my sketch work!
Old 09-24-2021, 11:40 AM   #79
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Honestly, that's the no.1 thing that a sequel to this game needs
Or... ORRRRR... just do it in THIS game. This is almost (though not as bad) as in making this one player, but hey don't worry, the sequel will be 2-players. Maybe.

I mean they can get imitators for some of the older characters if they can't get them.

Old 09-24-2021, 11:59 AM   #80
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Or... ORRRRR... just do it in THIS game.
That's what I meant when I said they could add the voices in via update, I doubt they will go to that effort though. Even pre recorded voice clips copied and pasted from the cartoons would be better than nothing.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.