The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 01-06-2023, 10:20 PM   #1
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

You think Viacom/Nickelodeon/IDW will remember the 20th anniversary this year?

I doubt it personally,but maybe if we are lucky we might get a comic set in this universe.
FrederikWolferson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 04:19 AM   #2
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

I had thought we would get a NECA line, but since they didn’t do one for the 10th anniversary of the IDW comics or the 2012 show I’ve lost all faith.
Old 01-07-2023, 05:56 AM   #3
neatoman
Emperor

I don't know, maybe they'll do another marathon or something but I'm not seeing it happening.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 07:07 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Twitter

The 15th anniversary back in February 2018 was just observed with tweets

https://twitter.com/blacknerd/status...017856?lang=en
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 07:35 AM   #5
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Man, I'd sure love a NECA set of these turtles and the main supporting cast/villains. Seems like a pipe dream, but I would sure love it.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:20 PM   #6
Turo602
The King of Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
Man, I'd sure love a NECA set of these turtles and the main supporting cast/villains. Seems like a pipe dream, but I would sure love it.
That and a complete series release is all I really want. There's also been talk of 2nd Cowabunga Collection. They're really dropping the ball on celebrating this series.
Old 01-12-2023, 09:21 AM   #7
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
That and a complete series release is all I really want. There's also been talk of 2nd Cowabunga Collection. They're really dropping the ball on celebrating this series.
Maybe they figure out that enough time has passed for them to make money on nostalgia. It's been 20 years,kids from 2003 now have money.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:13 PM   #8
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

I´d lovew to see new figures based on that show, at least the four Turtles will be ok for me, but I do not know, this show is forgotten for many companies.

If we have comics based on this show, I hope the artist and writters do a great job. I ciollected the WildStorm comics but the art and story was not that good, IMO.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 10:24 AM   #9
D-ray
Foot Soldier

Personally, no.
Nickelodeon drools for the nostalgia power that the 1987 series has, so I don't think they'll care.

However, they proved to have a LITTLE bit of interest on it by putting the series on streaming on Paramount + so... maybe?

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2023, 04:08 PM   #10
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
Personally, no.
Nickelodeon drools for the nostalgia power that the 1987 series has, so I don't think they'll care.

However, they proved to have a LITTLE bit of interest on it by putting the series on streaming on Paramount + so... maybe?
I doubt the cost of putting it on Paramount Plus was very high in the first place, but the cost of mastering new DVDs/comics/toys would be a lot higher. So the return on investment would be much higher just putting it on Paramount.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:59 AM   #11
TMNachoT
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrederikWolferson View Post
I doubt it personally,but maybe if we are lucky we might get a comic set in this universe.
I hope the artwork could be great and similar to the show´s design, I did not like too much the design from the WildStorm comics.
TMNachoT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 11:13 AM   #12
Powder
So tired of this place

Best you can hope for is a Facebook post.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 12:12 PM   #13
FrederikWolferson
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
I doubt the cost of putting it on Paramount Plus was very high in the first place, but the cost of mastering new DVDs/comics/toys would be a lot higher. So the return on investment would be much higher just putting it on Paramount.
Judging by some stuff IDW put out,it can't be that expensive. The real problem would be getting Marty Eisenberg or Michael Ryan or Eric Luke or Christopher Yost to write it.
Old 01-23-2023, 07:27 PM   #14
Galactus
Foot Elite

They didn't do anything lavish for the anniversary of the '87 series and as people said that's the only version Nick seems to care about.

Still it seems short sighted for them to continually ignore the series. Unlike the 80s series they own it outright, they even payed 4kids extra for it. It seems a waste for them not to do more with it. A blu ray set would be out of the question but a DVD set would be fine.

I have to believe NECA figures based on the '03 series would sell better the Coming Out Of Their Shells figures. Same with Super7 if they did the main cast I'm sure it would sell better than the random recreations of Playmates characters that were never in the classic show. Heck Playmates themselves could re-issue the '03 figures instead of the yearly re-release of the '88 figures.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #15
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

At the very least, if we can't get the complete set, I'd accept a DVD release of the final season that the rest of us (without a region-free player) can actually watch.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 08:51 AM   #16
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I would think Loyal Subjects would get to 2k3 figures faster than NECA would. While NECA is playing around with ideas like Bebop and Rocksteady's gang and April's aunt, Loyal Subjects seems to be dipping their toes into a TMNT multiverse.
Old 02-07-2023, 09:00 AM   #17
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zachatello00 View Post
I would think Loyal Subjects would get to 2k3 figures faster than NECA would. While NECA is playing around with ideas like Bebop and Rocksteady's gang and April's aunt, Loyal Subjects seems to be dipping their toes into a TMNT multiverse.
I'm thinking we might see that as well and it could be a terrific idea for Loyal Subjects to do that.

NECA is hitting the fandom hard with Fred Wolf and I imagine that running 2k3 figures while still digging deep on Fred Wolf would mean that NECA is actually creating their own buying competition.....
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 09:09 AM   #18
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

My thoughts exactly, though I believe you've articulated it better than I could have.

It's great for the die-hard Fred Wolf fans that they are digging so deep, but how many of us are really screaming for a Jersey Red figure? If you are, that's great. I certainly don't mean that as a put-down. But I would guess that more people would rather see a collection started for some of the other TMNT eras than to continue down the rabbit hole with more and more obscure characters.

Wouldn't a Hun figure from NECA kick shell? Or the Utrom Shredder for that matter? There are all sorts of 2k3 characters - much less the TMNT themselves - that lend themselves so well to NECA's unique look/style. But, if Loyal Subjects want to do it, I'm here for it. In fact, they sorta/kinda already started with Casey Jones. Well, the one head sculpt, anyway.
Old 02-13-2023, 12:58 AM   #19
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

It certainly is frustrating that this series has been treated like the red-headed step child of the franchise, while many fans consider it to be the best television version of the Turtles. I really don’t understand why the most obscure films in existence can be dumped into $1 bargain bins at Dollar Tree, yet it feels like we would need Presidential authorization to be allowed to have it released in-full on DVD. I at least do have the Season 1-2 2 disc sets, plus the second half of Season 4 and Season 5 (plus both FF seasons). But Season 3, the first half of Season 4 plus BTTS and even the complete release of “Turtles Forever” deserve a Stateside release.
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 07:52 AM   #20
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

I think the boat has been missed on further DVD releases. Now it’s all about streaming. Heck, we don’t even have a DVD/blu ray player hooked up anymore, and have converted most of our DVDs to Movies Anywhere or Vudu streamable versions.
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote