The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-22-2018, 06:57 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

The only real slow-burning story is the Patheon, for obvious reasons that we know its intended to go on in the background of the entire run. We learn a little more about each member and what they're trying to do, and we're now exploring beyond just Kitsune and Rat King. Toad Baron got some focus and Manmoth is coming up.

The plotline going on right now the Triceraton invasion is about to be resolved. Then in Universe from the upcoming summaries we know the Triceratons and Utroms meet on Burnow Island and decide a future for them. So we know this will be wrapped up soon.

Bishop is essentially the new main villain and replacement for Shredder/Krang since both are currently dead. Bishop will probably continue to be the main driving villain for the next 50ish issues, working to stop alien invasions, mutant outbreaks, and probably the Patheon threat.

Besides that we have Null's subplot in the background looking to sell the Earth to aliens, most likely Maligna because those two worked together in the Archie comics. But it's just that, a subplot. I expect the stuff with Null to just be a side arc.

And other than that what is there? Leatherhead on the loose somewhere in NYC? There really isn't much else going on. Old Hob and the Mutanimals will continue to be allies to the Turtles (or at least Hob will be ambiguous), the Turtles have various human friends, we're seeing Hun and Baxter transition to being allies, and then we just have to wait and see what happens with Karai when she returns to New York.

And finally, we have Splinter taking over the Foot Clan and going mad with power. This again is good that it's slow burning because we see how its affecting Splinter and it's tying into everything else going on. So it's fine.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2018, 08:34 PM   #42
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Leatherhead is more likely on Burnow Island, since he took the portal meant for Kleve, Montuoro, and Krang to make a quick escape from getting fired at.

From here on out, most of the concerns will be with the Pantheon until 100, unless there's something we didn't expect after Kingdom of Rats ends.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #43
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I think Leatherhead is gonna get adopted by the Triceratons.

He'd better not go psycho on them like he did the Utroms or Old Hob.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:53 PM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

They probably won't let him go psycho on them .

At this point, they're probably the only ones who can actually beat him in a fight. Slash, maybe, but his fighting days would probably be over by the time he's freed from Bishop, should he even survive being controlled.

But even then, there would be a lot of destruction if they were in a compact area.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #45
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I think it's time to start placing serious wagers on when Slash dies, and whether it's against Null, Maligna, or Bishop.

I'm saying against Bishop, Issue #135. Random wild-ass guess.
Old 03-22-2018, 08:59 PM   #46
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a combination.

Especially if Null is in league with Maligna.

But there's no denying that Slash is a goner at this point.
Old 03-22-2018, 09:52 PM   #47
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior

Why is everyone so sure that Slash is going to die? Did I miss something? I mean sure, he'll be traumatized after all this but why does that mean he's going to die? Is it because he died in Archie?
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 08:41 AM   #48
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zog The Magnificent View Post
Why is everyone so sure that Slash is going to die? Did I miss something? I mean sure, he'll be traumatized after all this but why does that mean he's going to die? Is it because he died in Archie?
Because we don't see a way back for him after all the mental trauma he's suffered at the hands of Bishop. He's gonna be broken for a long time after this... worse than Seymour. So he'll probably take any chance that he can to go out in a hero's sacrifice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
But there's no denying that Slash is a goner at this point.
You say that, and then we'll all be shocked when Slash gets a Triceraton shrink to fix him...
Old 03-23-2018, 02:10 PM   #49
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

The best alternative I can say is Slash getting in league with Leatherhead, who ends up being the worst possible choice he could have as a friend at that point.

Where it goes from there, it will still probably end up with Slash dying. Maybe Leatherhead losing an eye (though, my bet is on Ch'rell doing that more than Slash)