The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 04-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #21
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
She could be Leo's twin brother. I always wonder why the heck they choose blue color for her bandana as Leo's already blue. Why not go for the barbie pink, or yellow, or something.

But eh, she's excessive garbage anyway and is forever dead now thankfully.
If I remember correctly, the original promo for the next mutation figures had Venus did have a pink bandana... And I wouldn't say that she is dead forever... All it takes is one person to bring her back...

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #22
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
If I remember correctly, the original promo for the next mutation figures had Venus did have a pink bandana... And I wouldn't say that she is dead forever... All it takes is one person to bring her back...
all it takes is one mutagen canister.........I'd watch out if I was April.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #23
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Alas, her current status is absolutely non-existent right now. All is well.

They won't mutate April, ever. Not permanently at least (like catwoman reporter in OT).

I'm not worried.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #24
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Alas, her current status is absolutely non-existent right now. All is well.

They won't mutate April, ever. Not permanently at least (like catwoman reporter in OT).

I'm not worried.
and I am thankful for that XD no April mutations plz!

anyway~ is anyone bothered by the similarities like me? or are you guys just peachy fine with April.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:43 PM   #25
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
all it takes is one mutagen canister.........I'd watch out if I was April.
Donnie would like that too much...

This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:58 PM   #26
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:

anyway~ is anyone bothered by the similarities like me? or are you guys just peachy fine with April.
I'm fine with April just I hope she shows more kindness and compassion for the other turtles. At least we got a scene of her shielding Mikey with her own body when Splinter gone berserk in Of Rats and Men.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 01:56 AM   #27
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
I'm fine with April just I hope she shows more kindness and compassion for the other turtles. At least we got a scene of her shielding Mikey with her own body when Splinter gone berserk in Of Rats and Men.
it's moments like that that give me hope for April.....she has potential to be the best April....she just needs a serious breather from Donnie....it's like her character revolves around him.
Old 04-26-2014, 08:31 AM   #28
Asha
Random Punk

Venus was superior with her powers. She overcame everything and didn't need the guys. That what made her boring to me.

Though April having similarities traits to her isn't necessarily bad. April is working toward being equal in a sense. April could use a few episodes with some character development without being over shadowed by plot advances.

But April power over Kraang could be too convenient but depends on the writers.

Asha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #29
Luckyday
Mad Scientist

A female turtle could be done right. You just have to write her in a way that makes her look and feel like a real person and her stand out in terms of personality that goes beyond of being "the chick".

Leo: The Leader
Raph: The Muscle
Don: The Brains
Mikey: The Heart

Venus: The daydreamer? The scholar? The Loner? It's not that hard.

Also introducing her in a way that feels...IDK realistic?
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 02:56 PM   #30
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnt transformer View Post
Another prototype also had a yellow bandanna.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:18 PM   #31
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I think April's way better than Venus. Venus wasn't the key to anything if I recall correctly. She was just the Turtles' long lost sister.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:13 PM   #32
Raphtastic
Random Punk

I don't personally find them to be that similar. I really like this April thus far--she's stubborn, got a bit of a temper, but retains the much of the intelligence of Mirage/2K3/IDW April. Sure, she's secondary to the turtles themselves and, thus, won't get as much screen time. I wish there were more episodes per season or that episodes were longer so that we could see more of her and her interactions with all the turtles, but I think, given time and character constraints, they're doing a good job making her a distinct character.

As for Venus...I'd rather she not come back. The pale blue mask and existence of a female turtle were the only things that initially appealed to me (gendered color coding bugs me, so pink would've been distasteful to me), but then I saw it in execution and was horrified. I won't get into the long list of things about her that bug me, so I'll just say that I prefer to pretend NM never happened and leave ideas of a better design and execution of Venus or a similar character to fan art and fan fic.
Raphtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 11:05 PM   #33
Bossa Nova
Stone Warrior

I can definitely see the similarities between them and the fact that I abhor the concept of Venus really plays into why I can't stand this new iteration of April. She has enough similarities with Venus that it doesn't matter if she's a turtle or not (hey, apparently she's a "mutant" now so whatever), because it's the same basic idea that she's the 5th turtle now. Unlike before where she felt like an ally, such as someone in Casey's position, now she feels like we're supposed to think of her as a member of the immediate team, and personally, that's just never going to sit well with me.

I like the team the way it is. Four brothers, all equally balanced and perfectly orchestrated as a team. Throw in a character like Venus, or Nick's version of April, and that balance is always thrown off kilter. Just look at the effect it's had on Don's character and the almost non-existent relationships he has with his brothers.

There's a way to change April if need be. She doesn't have to stay same old. But at this point, it feels like she's being thrown all these random new elements simply for the sake of change when a lot of it wasn't necessary, and yes, her unlikable traits really are starting to take over for me, just the same as it did with Venus.

Overall though, I just want to focus on four turtles and a few interesting friends, not four turtles +1.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:36 AM   #34
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Venus was never a proper Shinobi thought. Shinobi is just another (the proper) word for ninja. While in NM, Venus was a Chinese Shaman wielding magic, wrongfully labeled "Shinobi" in the show.
Which would more accurately make her a Sohei, IIRC. Basically, a Shaman-Monk type, or in other words, a spirit-warrior. Calling her a Shinobi grated on my nerves, especially since I have been a long-time D&D gamer, and am familiar with a number of martial-arts practices and traditions from having done extensive game research. (I have an entire region in my homebrew game world that is based on Asian cultures- including an empire of feudal Japanese-style elves. Elven ninjas and samurais- dig it!)

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 01:49 AM   #35
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist

Quote:

You should check this out BabyTurtles:
http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/teen...aid=tvschedule

The episode summary states:
Quote:
The Turtles create a retro-mutagen to help April's father; Baxter Stockman threatens to mutate April.
Dun, dun, dun...
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:53 PM   #36
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refractive Reflections View Post
You should check this out BabyTurtles:
http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/teen...aid=tvschedule

The episode summary states:

Dun, dun, dun...
I'm sure she'll be fine....Donnie or Casey will save her. -__-

girl has been a damsel like 6 times already.........
Old 04-27-2014, 10:52 PM   #37
Ninjawolf
Thug

Quote:
I'm sure she'll be fine....Donnie or Casey will save her. -__-

girl has been a damsel like 6 times already.........
Hey, wasn't OT April being a damsel a once an episode thing? Plus 2K3 April had damsel moments also... maybe she saves herself? This is BAXTER we're talking about the shows token loser... maybe she's the reason he gets mutated? But would the mutagan work on her though? Wouldn't she possibly be immune like she was to the Kraang water?
Ninjawolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 12:45 AM   #38
Konchadunga
Stone Warrior

Though April's powers are somewhat Venus-like in principle, if not degree, the big difference is that she hasn't taken over the series. There are plenty episodes where you can just ignore that she exists at all. It's true that she has moments of being too competent, but other times, they generally play her as the weaker character who just has to survive by her wits and skills.
Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 AM   #39
Kanon
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjawolf View Post
Hey, wasn't OT April being a damsel a once an episode thing? Plus 2K3 April had damsel moments also... maybe she saves herself? This is BAXTER we're talking about the shows token loser... maybe she's the reason he gets mutated? But would the mutagan work on her though? Wouldn't she possibly be immune like she was to the Kraang water?
April is a mutant. Dogpound is also a mutant and double mutated to Razar.
It would be unlogical if they make April immune to Mutagen.
But It`s nick we are talking about, so yes she could be immune.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:41 AM   #40
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
April is a mutant. Dogpound is also a mutant and double mutated to Razar.
It would be unlogical if they make April immune to Mutagen.
But It`s nick we are talking about, so yes she could be immune.
But the 'mutant' part is that she has Kraang DNA. It's not from any Earthen creature, so she might not be affected at all. She was not affected by Kraang water, so likely the mutagen will do nothing. But likely they won't have her get splashed, since it would have to make Shredder get curious as to why she can't be affected. Plus this is Nick; this would make a plot development that doesn't get talked about or solved for about 5-10 episodes. So for that reason I'm hoping they don't go there.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil, venus de milo