The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #21
Leo656
The Franchise

She'll absolutely be back one day in some form. In every fictional universe, even the worst characters/ideas have fans, who grow up to work on the newest version of the thing they loved as kids, and can't resist squeezing in their unloved pet concept into their work. It's pretty much why Grant Morrison even has a job.

Jason Todd came back. Literally no one ever asked for that, but it happened, and he's a major player now. Venus will be back, one day, maybe not in this show, or a major role, but that character WILL be used again, I'd guarantee it.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:00 PM   #22
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Machine View Post
Yeah, I didn't know that Karai was going to be mutated. So thanks for that.
Well I put spoiler twice so you read at your own risk. The whole post was mostly about how I feel about this popular theory/idea that's floating around. Not that karai was going to mutate into Venus.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:22 PM   #23
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I don't wish Karai to become Venus any more than anyone else on this forum. However if they do decide to make her into Venus, then this would be a more likable version of her character rather then having a contrived reason for existing.
This. Despite my fondness for NM, I always found Venus to be a fairly uninteresting character. She wouldn't be my first choice for Karai's mutation purely because of NMVenus's bad history, but as long as Karai's personality remained intact, I actually wouldn't have a problem with a female Turtle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No. And its pretty obvious Venus will never be used again.

Its actually amazing that for a character that was so hated and hasn't seen the light of day since 1998 is constantly brought up over 20 years later. It's like Venus and the Next Mutation psychologically traumatized us when we were younger that the pain and damage lingers as adults decades later.
Cubed, some people wouldn't mind seeing a female Turtle. Myself included. The rest of your comment... I can't even deal with. Good gravy, I think your particular brand of Cubed Logic is starting to get to me... I seriously cannot work out whether you're serious or just messing with people sometimes!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 10:33 PM   #24
snake
Disgusting

Powder suggested a good way to do Venus in one thread. I can't find it, but it was really good.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:11 PM   #25
Powder
So tired of this place

If you're talking about what I think you are, I more or less said it'd be a good shortcut to get her to bond with her "new" father, in that Donnie only has enough retro-mutagen for one person & Splinter gives up his chance to be human again so that she may return to normal. But that's not Venus specific, just mutating in general. But as a temporary move, I like the idea. Seeing things as a mutant turtle would definitely help her get close to her "brothers" too. Not to mention it could potentially redeem the Venus character a little bit. Lord knows she needs it. & Andrew worded my view on the subject quite well.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:12 PM   #26
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

I really think if Karai is going to mutate into Venus, there is not much we can do about it. Who knows we might like this version of Venus.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 PM   #27
Powder
So tired of this place

I for one am 100% open to her returning, so long as she is done right. & this show does a lot of things right, so I have faith they could sell a lot of people on it.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:18 PM   #28
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
If you're talking about what I think you are, I more or less said it'd be a good shortcut to get her to bond with her "new" father, in that Donnie only has enough retro-mutagen for one person & Splinter gives up his chance to be human again so that she may return to normal. But that's not Venus specific, just mutating in general. But as a temporary move, I like the idea. Seeing things as a mutant turtle would definitely help her get close to her "brothers" too. Not to mention it could potentially redeem the Venus character a little bit. Lord knows she needs it. & Andrew worded my view on the subject quite well.
Yeah, it's that one.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #29
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
I really think if Karai is going to mutate into Venus, there is not much we can do about it. Who knows we might like this version of Venus.
I liked the concept of the original Venus...she just had poor execution.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:38 PM   #30
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Personally, whatever she mutates into, I'm curious how she comes across whatever said critter influence is. I'm not expecting anything too outrageous unless Nick has some good way to explain it.

Karai.. just some advice.. skip the local petting zoo for a while.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #31
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
No. And its pretty obvious Venus will never be used again.

Its actually amazing that for a character that was so hated and hasn't seen the light of day since 1998 is constantly brought up over 20 years later. It's like Venus and the Next Mutation psychologically traumatized us when we were younger that the pain and damage lingers as adults decades later.
That description probably fits me to a T! I Couldn't stand Venus, even as a kid, because the idea of a fifth turtle at all regardless of gender seemed so LAZY creatively. I hope they never attempt it again. It's enough trying to slog through decent fan material that doesn't feature some "special fifth turtle" OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
The rest of your comment... I can't even deal with. Good gravy, I think your particular brand of Cubed Logic is starting to get to me... I seriously cannot work out whether you're serious or just messing with people sometimes!
I more or less read it as comical exaggeration. Because I would hope nobody is actually mentally traumatized from a badly-written fictional character. This is the internet, our favourite way of communication is hyperbole.
Old 06-28-2014, 11:48 PM   #32
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
I liked the concept of the original Venus...she just had poor execution.
Agreed; I have no problem with the idea of female Turtles - I just didn't like Venus as a character because she was boring, and I didn't like the guys having their back-story changed to fit her in. If it hadn't been for the back-story change, I don't think she would've gotten off on the wrong foot with nearly as many fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
I more or less read it as comical exaggeration. Because I would hope nobody is actually mentally traumatized from a badly-written fictional character. This is the internet, our favourite way of communication is hyperbole.
True, but Cubed says he's traumatized so often - over white Shredder, over the new movie, over NM... and probably many more that I can't remember right now Perhaps I'm just not interpreting his tone correctly.

...Cubed, care to weigh in on whether you're being serious here?

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
Old 06-29-2014, 01:08 AM   #33
Slade
god status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
That description probably fits me to a T! I Couldn't stand Venus, even as a kid, because the idea of a fifth turtle at all regardless of gender seemed so LAZY creatively. I hope they never attempt it again. It's enough trying to slog through decent fan material that doesn't feature some "special fifth turtle" OC.

You too huh? I hate that.

Anyway, I don't care for Venus, or another turtle added to the team. I don't even care for Karai in this show, since she's Miwa anyway. So whatever, mutate her. I just hope if she does get mutated, she isn't made the fith member of the group and sticks around.
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:27 AM   #34
Electric
Epic Hiatus

I'd like her to not be a mutant for long.

But if she does mutate for awhile, or even if not, I want her there, just not one of the 4. I hate the idea of adding a 5th member. When they quoted slash as being the 5th turtle i was really dreading him. Luckily they handled him well. Maybe if Karai is demutated she could live with April or something
Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #35
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

A stint as Venus (if temporary) would certainly acclimate her better to the plight of her other brothers and her dad... then being forced to be in the same boat for a bit.

I definitely wouldn't want to see it be permanent.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 AM   #36
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Well the answer is now revealed.

And... (warning this spoiler tag contains images from "Vengeance is Mine")

Spoiler:
Karai is mutated with a white snake! It seems that she has the ability to change from her human form to her snake form because baxter fiddled with the mutagen.

Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:46 AM   #37
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
I'd like her to not be a mutant for long.

But if she does mutate for awhile, or even if not, I want her there, just not one of the 4. I hate the idea of adding a 5th member. When they quoted slash as being the 5th turtle i was really dreading him. Luckily they handled him well. Maybe if Karai is demutated she could live with April or something
The idea of those two living together with their current level of animosity is hilarious to me. Though it could be a nice way of showing them slowly becoming friends and letting bygones be bygones.

I can't see Karai wanting to live with anyone but Splinter though.

Old 06-29-2014, 02:48 AM   #38
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier

Her new mutation looks great, suits her personality to a T!
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:51 AM   #39
Vicky82
Emperor

Spoiler:
Karai mutating into a shapeshifting snake, i'm happy about this as it's something different.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:02 AM   #40
ssjup81
Foot Elite

So it's official that she definitely mutates, but does it affect her the way it did Mutagen Man? You know, turning on the turtles? Did Karai turn on the turtles or attack them in whatever her mutated form is? I'm not looking at the spoilers. Did she turn on Shredder? Does it look like she'll join the turtles and Splinter?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karai, venus de milo