The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 10-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #61
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreim View Post
It's funny because the fred wolf line was theoretically my dream line and I fell off it hard because of how overwhelming it was to keep up, both in cost and availability.

You know what though? I actually miss buying different versions of the turtles, I slowly realized that with fred wolf line, the turtles themselves are.... kind of the best part.

And I love it when the turtles are gross! Give me weird lookin' turtles. Bring on the variants. So this line is like an instant buy to me. Bonus points for maybe actually being able to grab these things easily.
Haha, sounds like these NECA figs brought you back to the Drome Forums as well!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:17 AM   #62
Meow
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
I would LOVE Baxter Stockman as The Fly. Imagine a realistic take on Baxterfly done by Neca!?!?
I don't think Universal has any particular claim on "The Fly" lore (20th Century Fox/Disney), so I imagine it would just be a generic thing if they did.
Ugh!!! That would be some sick ****. Literally sick. The movie "The Fly" is more than just sci-fi or horror or whatever it is considered. This is some insanly hella good movie but so damn sick, absolutely sick stuff going on in there and I just love how perfectly balanced this sane-insane story line takes you away. Having a baxter as some sort of "Movie Monster: The Fly" figure would definitely be sooo sick. Wondering what it actually would look like
Old 11-19-2021, 08:17 AM   #63
Swaynomics930
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Looks like the line will include at least 8 figures, and possibly more!
https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...35954617274371
If true Ill be selective on which i pick. i just need a set of four, tho the details are cool not crazy about hunchback leo.
Swaynomics930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:58 AM   #64
mikey0
Foot Elite

Box Photos for Raphael as Frankenstein: https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...47747669155848

Leo as Ygor (now with red eyebrows and beard), Michelangelo as The Mummy and April O’ Neil as The Bride of Frankenstein are teased on the side of the box.

Last edited by mikey0; 12-07-2021 at 09:03 AM.
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:03 AM   #65
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Box Photos for Raphael as Frankenstein: https://mobile.twitter.com/preternia...47747669155848

Leo as Ygor (now with red eyebrows and beard), Michelangelo as The Mummy and April O’ Neil as The Bride of Frankenstein are teased on the side of the box.
Gee, I wonder if the other side of the box reveals more figures!

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 09:14 AM   #66
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

If there's an April before a Don someone should be fired.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:20 AM   #67
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieLaForge View Post
If there's an April before a Don someone should be fired.
Nah, Donnie has a history of getting shafted in Universal Monster lines. He was Dracula Don for Playmates' vintage Wave 1, but completely excluded from Wave 2 in favor of Bride of Frankenstein April. It's all according to precedent.

Also, I expect we'll see at least 8 figures in the NECA Universal Turtles line. Maybe Donatello will headline their "Wave 2."

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 10:41 AM   #68
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Nah, Donnie has a history of getting shafted in Universal Monster lines
I am aware of this. Hitler had a history of ruling Germany, and yet he still also needed to be fired.
Old 12-07-2021, 01:03 PM   #69
Tossled
Thug

I didn't expect to come here and see a Hitler analogy today.
Tossled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:11 PM   #70
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossled View Post
I didn't expect to come here and see a Hitler analogy today.
Internet much?
Old 12-07-2021, 04:12 PM   #71
Dask
Mad Scientist

Speaking of Don, does anyone know why Don is now the turtle-of-choice among several TMNT youtube influencers and sales rep/sculptors (e.g. the guy from Fwoosh, Flynn, Toy Bro? etc.). All these Youtube influencers are suddenly pushing Don. They keep referring to him as the "best" turtle. I must have heard this reference in a half dozen video interviews this year.

Does it have anything to do with his recent appearance? He's more charismatic in the 2012 CGI series compared to the way the other brothers are depicted (they've kind of done Mike dirty making him borderline derp). This puzzles me a bit because in almost every internet survey, Mike or Raph appears to come up on top. FYI, Mike is my favorite.
Dask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 07:35 PM   #72
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post
Speaking of Don, does anyone know why Don is now the turtle-of-choice among several TMNT youtube influencers and sales rep/sculptors (e.g. the guy from Fwoosh, Flynn, Toy Bro? etc.). All these Youtube influencers are suddenly pushing Don. They keep referring to him as the "best" turtle. I must have heard this reference in a half dozen video interviews this year.

Does it have anything to do with his recent appearance? He's more charismatic in the 2012 CGI series compared to the way the other brothers are depicted (they've kind of done Mike dirty making him borderline derp). This puzzles me a bit because in almost every internet survey, Mike or Raph appears to come up on top. FYI, Mike is my favorite.
I'm unaware of this trend.

Most people argue he was the "best" playable option for the vintage TMNT games because of his long reach, although I think that only applies to the first NES game.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-07-2021, 08:50 PM   #73
funatic
Mad Scientist

Gamestop has FrankenRaph preorder for $35, free shipping. That's the cheapest I've found. What are these supposed to be priced at brick & mortar retail?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 08:56 PM   #74
mikey0
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by funatic View Post
Gamestop has FrankenRaph preorder for $35, free shipping. That's the cheapest I've found. What are these supposed to be priced at brick & mortar retail?
$29.99 at Target: https://toynewsi.com/139-39862
mikey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 06:10 AM   #75
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey0 View Post
Leo as Ygor (now with red eyebrows and beard)
Noooo! It looked so much better before!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:37 AM   #76
Y2Josh
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dask View Post

In elementary school, both of my friends thought Donatello was the best Turtle, but in adulthood, most of the TMNT fans I know personally either have Leo or Mikey as their favorite, so I'm not sure if it's a concentrated effort to push Don, or if it's just unusual.

I can't speak to Veebs and Flynn, but Toy Bro's favorite Turtle is Leo, at least per his Leo review where he was basically picking a fight with anyone that didn't think Leo was the best.

And I'm not sure if this is true of most TMNT fans or not, but a lot seem to have their favorite Turtle, and then like the other three about equally (although, sadly, if anyone DOES have a least favorite Turtle, it always seems to be Leo).
Y2Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #77
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Josh View Post
And I'm not sure if this is true of most TMNT fans or not, but a lot seem to have their favorite Turtle, and then like the other three about equally (although, sadly, if anyone DOES have a least favorite Turtle, it always seems to be Leo).
I will concede that in almost every incarnation of the franchise, the Turtles would be fairly incompetent against the sort of crazy threats they face without Donatello's deus ex machina techno-solutions to problems.

View my sketch work!
Old 12-08-2021, 09:52 AM   #78
mikey see
Mad Scientist

I think the argument for Donatello being the best stems from the fact that he's the most useful. Like, what does Mikey bring to the table? Pizza recipes? Leonardo is the leader, fine, but leadership only goes so far. Same for Raph and his brawn. Donatello, on the other hand, can basically create anything and is able to figure out and fix any weird tech they come across, whether it's from Earth or not.

That's my interpretation anyway. Leo was always my favorite as a kid, purely because I like the color blue and prefer his katana to any of the other weapons. Donatello was probably third with Mikey being last (sorry Mikey).
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #79
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
I will concede that in almost every incarnation of the franchise, the Turtles would be fairly incompetent
Almost. Almost.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 10:13 AM   #80
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Almost. Almost.
Even in Mirage, it's close... especially once Peter Laird takes over creative direction and the series skews more heavily towards science fiction.

View my sketch work!