The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 10-26-2021, 06:14 PM   #81
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
It will get delayed more then anything, In the past there been horrific accidents that happen during filming, And those films still got released.
You might be right...Twilight Zone was released after all.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 06:38 PM   #82
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
As well as The Crow.

This film will get released, and they will put in a this film is dedicated to credit.
Old 10-26-2021, 10:38 PM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

Depends how much was already shot. Baldwin allegedly is stepping back from all projects for a while to get his head right. So even if they tried to get back to work tomorrow, he isn't available.

There's a decent chance the whole thing just gets scrapped due to a mix of bad publicity, insurance rates skyrocketing, and physically not being able to finish it.

I'll be surprised if it gets finished and released. This thing's a complete wash.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:43 PM   #84
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

Out of respect for the deceased, I hope that they don't release it.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 10:51 PM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

They probably won't release it, but that would be the single least-important reason not to, by their standards.

Most likely, after this it will just cost too much to insure and they may not even have their big-name actor. Thus, it may not even be physically possible to finish it. Otherwise, the entire point would be (and has been, in the past), "Well, it's a tragedy, but we need to make our money back." That's literally all anyone in Hollywood cares about.

Old 10-26-2021, 10:59 PM   #86
Papenbrook
*The King of Nothing*

I wonder how this incident will influence the IATSE strike.

Surely, some members must regret negotiating/ratifying so early ...

Last edited by Papenbrook; 10-27-2021 at 02:55 PM.
Papenbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #87
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Man, I can't imagine how that day on the set must have been after the helicopter accident. What a tragedy.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 11:47 AM   #88
IMJ
Emperor

They released The Crow and the star himself was shot, so yeah.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:04 PM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
Out of respect for the deceased, I hope that they don't release it.
I kind of hate how everyone -- mostly SJWs -- presume to know the wishes of the dead person in these cases where the person dies in the middle of making a movie. If I was the DP of a fairly big movie and I died in the middle of it, making the damn thing... you bet your f***ing ass I'd want it to come out and people to see it! This thing cost me my life... now you think I want the movie buried with me in the casket? Shesus, why would you think that? It would have to be a tiny, TINY percentage of people that would actually want that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:40 PM   #90
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I kind of hate how everyone -- mostly SJWs -- presume to know the wishes of the dead person in these cases where the person dies in the middle of making a movie. If I was the DP of a fairly big movie and I died in the middle of it, making the damn thing... you bet your f***ing ass I'd want it to come out and people to see it! This thing cost me my life... now you think I want the movie buried with me in the casket? Shesus, why would you think that? It would have to be a tiny, TINY percentage of people that would actually want that.
Right?
"I died for this movie"
SJW phony emotional projection - "No one must see this film now".
Old 10-27-2021, 02:58 PM   #91
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Exactly! I mean as far a career goes that would be your legacy. If it were me I’d want it released, but I agree with some that it probably will never be finished let alone be released.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:37 PM   #92
Leo656
The Franchise

Going by the plot synopsis, it's a movie nobody would've seen anyway. A western about a kid who accidentally kills someone? Who makes a western in 2021? Who watches a movie where a bunch of people are trying to hang a kid? Even if it came out, it would've been invisible. It's got no audience.

Its only value NOW would be among super-creepy people. "Come see the movie where Alec Baldwin killed someone!" Obviously there are SOME people who'd watch it for that exact reason, but outside of that kinda morbid stuff, it has no value.

Best-case scenario would be to cancel it. BUT, it also wouldn't shock me to see Hollywood somehow finish it, and then use the tragedy as a marketing tool. "Come see the 'controversial' western drama... a film so important, people gave their lives for its completion!" I can see that happening. I don't WANT to, but I can.

Last edited by Leo656; 10-27-2021 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-27-2021, 09:25 PM   #93
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
BUT, it also wouldn't shock me to see Hollywood somehow finish it, and then use the tragedy as a marketing tool.
I doubt they would. But media would provide the marketing as soon as they release it for them, even if it's years from now. "Remember that time Baldwin killed his DP? That movie is out!" and thousands of people share it, etc.. The truth is yes, many people that never would've checked this out will now do so.

I imagine things stay shut down for 2 or 3 months. Then Baldwin comes back and they wrap it and it gets a quiet release on Amazon Prime or Netflix or something. Or Baldwin doesn't come back and they replace him with another actor, and either reshoot or recomposite the new actor into the old footage. They didn't even get quite halfway done with the shoot so it's anybody's guess.
Old 10-28-2021, 12:37 AM   #94
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
A western about a kid who accidentally kills someone?
Regardless of this particular movie, this attitude would so dumb for a writer.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 11:43 AM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

That logic is stupid. I know it's not 100% the same thing, but imagine them not releasing The Dark Knight over Heath's suicide. Just release the damn thing and get it over with.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 02:55 PM   #97
Leo656
The Franchise

Dude they barely even started filming it. They probably didn't even get anywhere near close to "done" and now there's gonna be a ton of litigation around a bunch of people involved for the foreseeable future.

"Dark Knight" was already completely filmed when Heath Ledger died. Totally different situation. We're not talking about not being able to release it because of "controversy", they physically didn't get to shoot the movie. And now they probably won't be able to finish it regardless.

Old 11-04-2021, 02:56 PM   #98
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Dwayne Johnson won't be using real guns on his productions

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/d...st-1235104627/
Oh, what a big hero. What a joke.

Quote:
Dude they barely even started filming it. They probably didn't even get anywhere near close to "done" and now there's gonna be a ton of litigation around a bunch of people involved for the foreseeable future.

"Dark Knight" was already completely filmed when Heath Ledger died. Totally different situation. We're not talking about not being able to release it because of "controversy", they physically didn't get to shoot the movie. And now they probably won't be able to finish it regardless.
Yeah, they didn't even get to the halfway point. Maybe approaching the one third mark, if that.
Old 11-04-2021, 03:00 PM   #99
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Yeah, like how dare common sense win out over a more realistic recoil effect that 99% of the audience doesn't even notice or care about. What a dick move.

I hate Flex, but this was a wise decision. I mean if he's gonna run for President in 2024 these are the kinds of stances he needs to take. He's already got Allyssa Milano's vote, after all.

Old 11-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #100
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:

Not only that but this movie had direct to home release written all over it anyway. I mean... did anyone care about this movie in the first place?

Quote:
In a couple of years when the zeitgeist of this event fades he will go back to making movies to meet the criticism of things being "fake" and there will be some special features where he goes on about how everything in "Future Movie XYZ" is "all real - all the stunts, all the car crashes, all the firearms" and use it as a marketing draw for "Future Movie XYZ". Everything these people do is a response to whatever the sheep are yammering about in that particular moment.