The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2021, 06:17 PM   #21
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 6,797
Bill Murray joins the cast in secret role

https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/an...y-secret-role/
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 11:46 PM   #22
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,352
Jesus, I hadn't even heard he was sick.

But clearly he just got some bad medical news and is trying to secure one last quick cash-grab so his kids will be taken care of. Given his track record, that's the only thing that makes any sense why he'd do something like This.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:24 PM   #23
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Jesus, I hadn't even heard he was sick.

But clearly he just got some bad medical news and is trying to secure one last quick cash-grab so his kids will be taken care of. Given his track record, that's the only thing that makes any sense why he'd do something like This.
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:44 PM   #24
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 22,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
But clearly he just got some bad medical news and is trying to secure one last quick cash-grab so his kids will be taken care of.
Yeah, Bill and his family are definitely hurting for money.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:55 PM   #25
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 13,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yeah, Bill and his family are definitely hurting for money.
Man, did you see his "house" in Zombieland? I wonder if that was filmed on actual location or if somebody else loaned out a mansion.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:05 PM   #26
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 22,571
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Man, did you see his "house" in Zombieland? I wonder if that was filmed on actual location or if somebody else loaned out a mansion.
Looks like it was Lee Najjar's mansion. As cool as it would be, I doubt Bill would open his home up like that to a big production.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:50 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,352
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProphetofGanja View Post
Murray thought he'd signed up for a biopic of former President JAMES Garfield and wasn't smartened up until it was too late to get out of it.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:57 PM   #28
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 13,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Murray thought he'd signed up for a biopic of former President JAMES Garfield and wasn't smartened up until it was too late to get out of it.
Murray said it was his own mistaken reading of "Joel Cohen" vs. "Joel Coen."
https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...el-coen-2014-1

If nothing else, I appreciate the coincidence that Lorenzo Music (the definitive Garfield voice) voiced an animated adaptation of Peter Venkman, while Murray ended up voicing Garfield in a theatrical movie.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:14 PM   #29
sdp
doomer
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 9,566
ah yes? and what was his excuse for the second one?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:15 PM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 24,352
He wanted a bigger pool.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 10:29 PM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 22,571
But Garfield... I mean... are there really a lot of A list actors that are turning down voice acting parts because they're too infantile? They're short work, the money is good, and all they have to do is sit in a chair with their coffee and bang it all out in an afternoon while getting about half the money they'd get for a two month real movie shoot. It's not like he was doing mocap for Garfield or anything.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:17 PM   #32
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,973
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Murray said it was his own mistaken reading of "Joel Cohen" vs. "Joel Coen."
https://www.businessinsider.com/bill...el-coen-2014-1

If nothing else, I appreciate the coincidence that Lorenzo Music (the definitive Garfield voice) voiced an animated adaptation of Peter Venkman, while Murray ended up voicing Garfield in a theatrical movie.
Funny old thing, life


Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
But Garfield... I mean... are there really a lot of A list actors that are turning down voice acting parts because they're too infantile? They're short work, the money is good, and all they have to do is sit in a chair with their coffee and bang it all out in an afternoon while getting about half the money they'd get for a two month real movie shoot. It's not like he was doing mocap for Garfield or anything.
.....like Alec Baldwin in Boss Baby





I dunno Bill Murray just seems eccentric enough to do whatever he feels like doing without paying it much heed. I deff don't think he'd sign-on for a multi-film contract in superhero flicks but seeing him do a part in Quantumania should be fun
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 02:15 PM   #33
LeotheLateBloomer
Mad Scientist
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,267
Pretty sure Owen Wilson suffered worse when he voiced Marmaduke.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #34
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor
 
ProphetofGanja's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dub Side of the Moon
Posts: 2,973
Forgot that even existed lmao
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 10:59 PM   #35
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 6,797
Rumor going around that MODOK will be in Ant Man 3 and he will be played by Jim Carrey
. Also MODOK might be in She Hulk
Quote:
According to a recent post from the moderator team on the Marvel Studios Spoilers subreddit, legendary comedy actor Jim Carrey has been cast as Marvel villain MODOK for multiple upcoming MCU projects.

The leaker revealed Carrey will appear in multiple Disney+ series, potentially as early as She-Hulk . Additionally, a source stated that MODOK will appear in 2023's Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania , although that particular information remains unverified.
https://thedirect.com/article/mcu-ji...n-rumors-shows
__________________





I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.