The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 09-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #17861
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Okay,so I only follow a few wrestlers so I have tunnel vision. Sorry to the die-hards. This Finn Balor guy was dropped down to NXT to be worked on. He is allegedly being protected because he has some sort of undefeated streak? Also, if this goofy looking demon persona is bad because demons are bad right? Having Roman heel makes things confusing because I think of demons as bad and Brock Lesnar is. So us it two bads going against each other?
Old 09-25-2021, 11:08 AM   #17862
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Okay,so I only follow a few wrestlers so I have tunnel vision. Sorry to the die-hards. This Finn Balor guy was dropped down to NXT to be worked on. He is allegedly being protected because he has some sort of undefeated streak? Also, if this goofy looking demon persona is bad because demons are bad right? Having Roman heel makes things confusing because I think of demons as bad and Brock Lesnar is. So us it two bads going against each other?
Some NXT peeps were sent back to NXT to re-elevate themselves after WWE horribly dropped the ball on them, like Balor and Ember. Balor's Demon Form is like his 'bad-ass, now I'm taking **** seriously form', so it doesn't necessarily make him a heel.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 11:20 AM   #17863
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Some NXT peeps were sent back to NXT to re-elevate themselves after WWE horribly dropped the ball on them, like Balor and Ember. Balor's Demon Form is like his 'bad-ass, now I'm taking **** seriously form', so it doesn't necessarily make him a heel.
The paint job with the 'teeth' on his chest looks dumb. It's hard to take him as a threat. What is this 'undefeated' bit I read WWE is trying to maintain of his? It reads like there will be some kind of disqualification that has Roman keep the title and look bad not in a character damaging way but in a heel way.
Old 09-25-2021, 01:10 PM   #17864
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
What is this 'undefeated' bit I read WWE is trying to maintain of his?.
He's never been beaten while wearing make-up.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 01:41 PM   #17865
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The paint job with the 'teeth' on his chest looks dumb. It's hard to take him as a threat. What is this 'undefeated' bit I read WWE is trying to maintain of his? It reads like there will be some kind of disqualification that has Roman keep the title and look bad not in a character damaging way but in a heel way.
IDK, IMO I think it looks awesome and his entrance with it is fun (assuming he still does the whole bit). He's supposed to be one of those very difficult to defeat characters.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 09-25-2021, 08:35 PM   #17866
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Okay. It was not clear if it was Pay-per-view or main event or what. I hope that this will not be two consecutive non-decisions if that is what is set to happen to the match with Balor and then with Brock again next month.
Old 09-25-2021, 09:11 PM   #17867
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Okay. It was not clear if it was Pay-per-view or main event or what. I hope that this will not be two consecutive non-decisions if that is what is set to happen to the match with Balor and then with Brock again next month.
I'm sure Brock's built enough as a big beast that if he beats Balor, it won't hurt him cause 'well, it's Brock Lesnar'. I mean he was the one to break Undertaker's streak after all.

Old 09-26-2021, 08:30 AM   #17868
Bahamut810
Thug

Don't really watch wrestling but I heard about a new guy Joe Gacy? Is his bit as entertaining as it sounds? I might tune in for it.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:42 AM   #17869
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I heard he's supposed to be making fun of the woke idiots out there. Calling WWE his safe space and all that. Still too early to know if he was a one-off or he's sticking around.

Old 09-26-2021, 12:16 PM   #17870
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
He’s not.

He lost to Samoa Joe as the Demon King back at Takeover The End 2016 inside a Steel Cage for the NXT Title

I get WWE making it that he never lost and NXT continuity is something they don’t care about but there a lot of people who watch NXT especially during Balor’s first run that know he lost just once as the Demon King.
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:21 PM   #17871
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTFanatic4Life View Post
He’s not.

He lost to Samoa Joe as the Demon King back at Takeover The End 2016 inside a Steel Cage for the NXT Title

I get WWE making it that he never lost and NXT continuity is something they don’t care about but there a lot of people who watch NXT especially during Balor’s first run that know he lost just once as the Demon King.
The Demon King? Is that why he wears that hat? I guess its hard for me as a casual to take him seriously because I think he looks odd and I think demons are evil not intimidating. This match's purpose is to help elevate the guy so I will respect that as that was the purpose plenty of times FOR Roman, but hope that my guy does not come off looking bad.
Old 09-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #17872
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
The Demon King? Is that why he wears that hat? I guess its hard for me as a casual to take him seriously because I think he looks odd and I think demons are evil not intimidating. This match's purpose is to help elevate the guy so I will respect that as that was the purpose plenty of times FOR Roman, but hope that my guy does not come off looking bad.
I just wish he ran more with the gimmick. Like... at least a new finisher or something. I love the intro and stuff but when the bell rings I guess he's more intense? But a slightly different moveset or him acting more violent or brutal would have taken the gimmick as far as it could go.

I haven't really seen the Fiend and his matches. Did he ever wrestler as his weird Mr. Rogers self, or always as the Fiend? And I mean in the actual matches not his funhouse vignettes thing.

Old 09-26-2021, 01:25 PM   #17873
TMNTFanatic4Life
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I just wish he ran more with the gimmick. Like... at least a new finisher or something. I love the intro and stuff but when the bell rings I guess he's more intense? But a slightly different moveset or him acting more violent or brutal would have taken the gimmick as far as it could go.

I haven't really seen the Fiend and his matches. Did he ever wrestler as his weird Mr. Rogers self, or always as the Fiend? And I mean in the actual matches not his funhouse vignettes thing.

3 times if memory serves me correctly

He defeated The Miz back at December TLC 2019
He lost to Braun Strowman in a WWE Universal Title Match at Money In The Bank May 2020
He defeated Strowman in a non title Swamp Fight at Extreme Rules June 2020
TMNTFanatic4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:57 PM   #17874
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Don't really watch wrestling but I heard about a new guy Joe Gacy? Is his bit as entertaining as it sounds? I might tune in for it.
Quote:
I heard he's supposed to be making fun of the woke idiots out there. Calling WWE his safe space and all that. Still too early to know if he was a one-off or he's sticking around.
The gimmick got pulled immediately, allegedly due to network pressure.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 08:07 AM   #17875
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Hahaha, WWE ruined Balor last night

Has a big incredible hulk-up/demonic comeback, then the ring post he's standing on buckles and collapses, he takes a prat fall like an idiot and Reigns clocks him with a spear to win

Charlotte also ripped off Alexa's dolly, and Alexa sold it like she'd been violated.
Old 09-27-2021, 11:21 AM   #17876
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Lmao. Call the right whatever you want, wish them dead even. But poke fun at the left, whooaaaa there!!! That's a big no-no. Can't have that.

Old 09-28-2021, 09:55 PM   #17877
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Gacy is still doing the gimmick he cut a promo on tonight's NXT and used the words safe space triggered and inclusive all in one.

I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 04:55 AM   #17878
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Worked brother
Old 09-29-2021, 03:47 PM   #17879
Leo656
The Franchise

The wrestling "media" strikes again. Several reports said it was pulled, but "obviously, plans must have changed". (TM Meltzer)

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2021, 02:15 PM   #17880
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Nikki Bella has landed a judging position on the America's Got Talent spin-off AGT Extreme

https://deadline.com/2021/10/agt-ext...ll-1234848074/

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling