The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 03-10-2021, 11:49 PM   #61
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Man, I haven't been able to get this trailer out of my head since this morning. Glad to see it was trending on Twitter today and getting even more attention too.

Ever since Sonic Mania, I've been craving something for TMNT that went retro with a fresh take. Hell, I would've even settled for the "Radical Retro Collection" or whatever they could've called it and have them re-release all the old school games on a Mega Man Legacy Edition style collection.

But this? This is awesome. This is so great and I CANNOT wait to play this. I keep reading different reports on an actual release date ... and I wouldn't be surprised if this is a 2022 release, but I hope I'm wrong. While I have a Playstation 4, I ended up getting a Nintendo Switch last fall and I've been obsessed with it ever since so I'm hoping it makes it on the Switch. Judging by Streets of Rage 4, I'm thinking it will.

Retro gaming, hack n' slash and beat em up are my forte so this is way up my alley. I don't think that open world Spider-Man / Arkham Asylum style game people are clamoring for is ever going to happen. It could have kinda gotten there with Platinum Games, but the release date for Mutants in Manhattan was more important than the actual material.

I feel bad for anyone that wants to piss on this trailer, really. Your lack of fun would be showing.

Last edited by RaphaelinSTL; 03-11-2021 at 09:15 AM.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:15 AM   #62
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
All of the turtles’ voice actors are alive and well.
I think he means James Avery who voiced the Shredder.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 12:37 AM   #63
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

I want a cartoon show like the intro!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 02:44 AM   #64
Mexiun
Foot Soldier

I guess i'm the only one, or atleast one of the very few here, but i've always really liked Irma even as a kid in the 80's.
Now that this game is announced i wonder what they will do with her in this game, i hope she atleast makes a cameo (as Tiffany is also in it, so i guess Irma is a guarantee).
Mexiun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:07 AM   #65
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

705K views on YouTube and counting in less than one day!

Not bad for a TMNT video game trailer
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 03:16 AM   #66
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexiun View Post
I guess i'm the only one, or atleast one of the very few here, but i've always really liked Irma even as a kid in the 80's.
Now that this game is announced i wonder what they will do with her in this game, i hope she atleast makes a cameo (as Tiffany is also in it, so i guess Irma is a guarantee).
Maybe Burne and Vernon will be there too since Tiffany was there.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 04:03 AM   #67
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

Streets of rage 4 on max settings 2560x1440 60 fps has amazing graphics so iam sure it will look like amovie maxed 2560x1440 on my monster pc

CPU: RYZEN 7 1700
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 3200MHZCL15 GS KILL RIP JAWS
GPU: GTX 970 G1 GAMING
MONITOR: DELLP2416D 24'' 2560X1440 60 HZ IPS
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS PRIME X370 PRO
HDD1: WD BLACK 4 TB
HDD2: 1 TB

SSD: MP 600 2TB
PSU: CM 750M 750 WATT
Old 03-11-2021, 06:17 AM   #68
Powder
So tired of this place

I don't think you'll be able to run this one.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:11 AM   #69
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Holy crap did they put Tiffany in this?

https://i.imgur.com/gpXRxKT.gif

This is a deep cut, she was only in 2 episodes! I love all these hardcore cameos only hardcore TMNT fans would know about. It's so hardcore.
MersoX did it first! Thought it is hilarious that Bebop is filtering with her.

BTW, where did you find the gif of that bit from? I take there are more gameplay clips beyond what was in the preview video?

EDIT: Maybe this is the source:
https://www.coplanet.it/113129/news/...s-revenge.html

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-11-2021 at 07:19 AM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 07:21 AM   #70
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

It does have the same designs based off of Mutant Madness online game that came out last summer. I wonder if this is because of its success or are completely separately planned projects.

It is interesting that Neca made two different Tricerarton figures based off the 1987 cartoon who only appeared in one episode. Then Zorax is a boss in Mutant Madness and now appear to be a rock solider level enemy in a new beat'em up.

Chrome Dome is cool to see. He was just listed on the release schedule for Neca but has yet to be added into the Mutant Madness game. While Baxter The Fly appearing-the Baxter design appearing just as he does in the 1987 cartoon and the exact same model used in Mutant Madness.

It looks like vehicles used in the show and those that were toys that did not get used in the show will be utilized in the game.

Splinter's action sequence was really good. I did not expect the Sonic-like movements taking down the Mousers.

Also, April as a ally in combine never sat well with me. Its just taking up a space of another character that could used. However, we don't know if Splinter and April will be playable. Rescue Palooza and Mutant Madness have spoiled me in the last year.
Old 03-11-2021, 07:52 AM   #71
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Also, April as a ally in combine never sat well with me. Its just taking up a space of another character that could used. However, we don't know if Splinter and April will be playable. Rescue Palooza and Mutant Madness have spoiled me in the last year.
The characters fighting in the intro, especially April, makes it obvious they're going to be playable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:28 AM   #72
80gmrp
Foot Soldier

Quote:
In terms of enemies so far we have Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, Chrome Dome, Foot, Rock Soldiers, Mousers, etc.

Hopefully Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash, Metalhead, Rahzar/Tokka are in this too, it really wouldn't be a complete TMNT game without all the old bosses to fight again.
Since you named him, I’ll finally just say it outright: honestly, part of me hopes Leatherhead does NOT appear, and if he absolutely must, that he be among any characters you can unlock to play as like in Rescue Palooza. Fortunately when it comes to the latter, I joined the Discord server, and the idea of DLC is being repeatedly thrown around there, so that’s one possible hope I have in that regard.
Old 03-11-2021, 08:29 AM   #73
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior

I'll get it. But it's not what I want from a TMNT game. I'd have been more excited if they announced skins or character dlc crossing over in the upcoming Gotham Knights game. But, I'm staying optimistic that it's going to be an enjoyable game.
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:31 AM   #74
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I want this game to draw influence from the playmates toys like the original konami games did, I don't want to see 87 character models running around like we're seeing with Tifanny and the triceraton. I mean if we get mutagen man I want the toy version not the cartoon one, just like with Slash etc.

Counting the amazing reception this game has gotten I'm sure Viacom is taking notice and if sales are good we'll definitely get a sequel.

Quote:
In terms of enemies so far we have Shredder, Krang, Bebop, Rocksteady, Baxter, Chrome Dome, Foot, Rock Soldiers, Mousers, etc.

Hopefully Rat King, Leatherhead, Slash, Metalhead, Rahzar/Tokka are in this too, it really wouldn't be a complete TMNT game without all the old bosses to fight again.
I'd rather see new characters we haven't seen in beat em ups and of course sprinkle a few classics, but for example I don't want just the same bosses, skip rahzar/tokka for a sequel and give us Antrax and Scumbug. Mix it up. Chrome Dome is cool, we're obviously getting triceratons but there's so much more to pull from to rehash the same bosses that we've already beaten back in the 90s, give us new characters. If we get a sequel the others can come back, I don't want a new version of Turtles in Time, I want a sequel to Turtles in Time.

Slash should have his goofy 87 design. I hope they don't chicken out in using it.

Last edited by sdp; 01-17-2024 at 04:29 PM.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 08:55 AM   #75
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think they'll start off with the most recognizable characters because this is a new game, and then if we get DLC or a sequel, we'll get more "deep cuts" so to speak.

I dream of a day where I can fight Tempestra, Shreeka, and Mad Dog McMutt in a videogame.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:10 AM   #76
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I think they'll start off with the most recognizable characters because this is a new game, and then if we get DLC or a sequel, we'll get more "deep cuts" so to speak.

I dream of a day where I can fight Tempestra, Shreeka, and Mad Dog McMutt in a videogame.
Tempestra is in Mutant Madness as a boss in Act 9 and is playable as well.

However, yes , I understand. Its just instead of Mad Dog McMutt, I would like to see Big Louie as a boss with mob grunts as opponents in a level.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:14 AM   #77
Cyndaquilfan123
Foot Soldier

Interesting.

I still have my dream Arkham/Spider-Man game, but this looks fun, and chock full of references. I'm hoping for a physical release.

Now my main question is, as someone who was born way after the after OT ended, and the arcade games era, did they all fit in continuity with each-other? or were the games it's own separate thing? It'd be cool if this game was a continuation of the OT story, despite it being pretty much over.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #78
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/st...48270395830274
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:48 AM   #79
triplexxx
Mad Scientist

This is Turtle nostalgia at its best in years, LOVE THIS!
Please don't shoot me Mr. Big Mike. I'm too young and good-looking to die, well too young. I got a father, I got a mother, I got a grandmother, I got a little sister...and a little brother this high (raises hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand), and a little brother this high (lowers hand) and then I got a great big brother this high (slaps gun and runs).
"Fright Night" - Three Stooges
triplexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2021, 09:53 AM   #80
slingtheory
Stone Warrior

It's kind of surprising to me how torn I am on this. On the the one hand I'm really excited to play it and can't wait for the release. The nostalgia hits well especially right now and all the gameplay features sound great. Honestly its my second most anticipated game now after gotham knights.
At the same time though as someone whose been impatiently waiting for a good current gen game I can't really shake my disappointment that after all these years apparently the best we can ever hope for is STILL a fw inspired side scrolling beat'em up.
slingtheory is offline   Reply With Quote