The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-01-2022, 06:01 PM   #121
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Yes, yes I am. I was still watching the train wreck that is RWBY till the last episode. I really hope that it does not come back because I will feel the need to watch and finish it and it is utter drivel now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami
I stopped once my own comic shop stopped. I barely go there as is anymore, and the more I heard about the Mutant Town garbage, the less I want to go to through the extra effort to track down anything past issue 100.
One day I will ask how many my store orders. I know they have a huge stack of them that never goes down.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 06:03 PM   #122
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut810 View Post
Yes, yes I am. I was still watching the train wreck that is RWBY till the last episode. I really hope that it does not come back because I will feel the need to watch and finish it and it is utter drivel now.

One day I will ask how many my store orders. I know they have a huge stack of them that never goes down.
I just know since my shop is small, they will drop books when there is no demand for them. Like yeah, they'll get the mainstream stuff, Batman, Harley, Deadpool, Spawn, etc but they won't bother to order something like say... the Life is Strange comics unless enough people ask for it and are reliable enough to actually buy it.

Like if I demand the newer TMNT issues, and then don't buy em cause the Sophie stuff turns me off, I now got a bad rap for them so when an actually good comic that kinda niche comes up, I'm just spitballing here, but imagine a Toxic Avenger comic made by a smaller company like Boom Comics, if I ask for that, they'll probably deny it cause I already told em to special order TMNT comics that I didn't buy and they're still clogging up the shelves, lmao. I try to stay cool with these guys,

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 11:58 AM   #123
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

I really hope Mikeys shell is ok. Took a pretty good hit with that hammer.
lonewarrior20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:33 PM   #124
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Hi everyone, Issue #125 is my first ever IDW TMNT comic, so here’s some thoughts from a complete newbie.

I got cover B, which is of the Punk Frog’s being backlit by the moon. I thought it was both edgy and foreboding, particularly with how the shadows were blood coloured instead of black.

As for the contents, I wasn't crazy about the overall art style as I’d prefer something cleaner. But I did love how the look worked for Doctor Jasper Barlow, who is my favorite new character.

There seemed to be a lot of heroes, many of which I never heard of (Jennika?). It maybe felt a little crowded, but hopefully that feeling subsides once I learn more about everyone.

While the Punk Frogs seemed like cool villains, their introduction and havoc felt pretty abrupt. As a new reader, I was quite surprised to see Casey’s blood splatter when they uppercutted his face with a steel mallet. That was my second favorite panel in the comic.

The final story thread revolved around Commander Zog giving birth to the first non-clone Triceraton since herself. I didn’t understand the significance of the name Seri, but I’ve luckily found bits of info about the Styracodon around this board. I think a potential rift between the Triceraton and Utrom sounds very interesting.

Overall #125 was not bad at all. I mean a LOT happened for one issue, especially for someone who’s never read the series and is thus still trying to learn the foundation. I’ve now got some more research to do, and two more issues to catch up on.

Before I go, I’d like to highlight my favorite panel of Issue #125 below. Just a great composition of Casey being surrounded by the Punk Frogs.

Last edited by AwakeTea; 07-19-2022 at 05:46 AM.
AwakeTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 09:51 PM   #125
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwakeTea View Post
Hi everyone, Issue #125 is my first ever IDW TMNT comic, so here’s some thoughts from a complete newbie.

I got cover B, which is of the Punk Frog’s being backlit by the moon. I thought it was both edgy and foreboding, particularly with how the shadows were blood coloured instead of black.

Attachment 13352

As for the contents, I wasn't crazy about the overall art style as I’d prefer something cleaner. But I did love how the look worked for Doctor Jasper Barlow, who is my favorite new character.

There seemed to be a lot of heroes, many of which I never heard of (Jennika?). It maybe felt a little crowded, but hopefully that feeling subsides once I learn more about everyone.

While the Punk Frogs seemed like cool villains, their introduction and havoc felt pretty abrupt. As a new reader, I was quite surprised to see Casey’s blood splatter when they uppercutted his face with a steel mallet. That was my second favorite panel in the comic.

Attachment 13354

The final story thread revolved around Commander Zog giving birth to the first non-clone Triceraton since herself. I didn’t understand the significance of the name Seri, but I’ve luckily found bits of info about the Styracodon around this board. I think a potential rift between the Triceraton and Utrom sounds very interesting.

Overall #125 was not bad at all. I mean a LOT happened for one issue, especially for someone who’s never read the series and is thus still trying to learn the foundation. I’ve now got some more research to do, and two more issues to catch up on.

Before I go, I’d like to highlight my favorite panel of Issue #125 below. Just a great composition of Casey being surrounded by the Punk Frogs.

Attachment 13353
I've been reading since issue 1 and I honestly couldn't name any of the newer characters.... boring stories, shallow 2d characters that just whine for 22 pages... want to read some great TMNT? Pick up anything pre-100. Post 100 is not where its at... unless you like the over crowded, stories going no where woke garbage.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2022, 10:38 PM   #126
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Oh, man, I'm really sorry to hear that. It's the same as your first time at sea being on the Titanic, or your first visit to New York being on 9/11.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 05:30 PM   #127
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/Z1lU4IMm.png

https://i.imgur.com/J8OeZD1m.png

https://i.imgur.com/N6dLSqam.png
Seri Regenta was a character from the mirage comics, She's an alien species known as the Protoceratons, They are similar to the Triceratons, In that comics She and Michelangelo went off to some adventures, And she eventually became his love interest, So much so that he was the very first ninja turtle to have sex with an alien.

Not much is known on what they will do with the IDW version of the character, But I have a feeling that she and Mikey might become a pairing in the comics.

She's very adorable.

Old 07-19-2022, 05:38 PM   #128
ChosenOne
Banned

Character traits:

- First alien to have sex with a Turtle
- Very adorable

So compelling!
Old 07-19-2022, 05:43 PM   #129
Cowabung-Gal
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
Character traits:

- Very adorable

So compelling!
Didn’t Seri also have kids with Mikey in the Mirage comics but wouldn’t share custody and even pretended not to know him, making him hate her guts and even swear vengeance? Yeah, great love interest.
Old 07-19-2022, 06:08 PM   #130
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
Didn’t Seri also have kids with Mikey in the Mirage comics but wouldn’t share custody and even pretended not to know him, making him hate her guts and even swear vengeance? Yeah, great love interest.
Yeah, the end of vol 4 really turned dark for Mikey... they knocked boots in the ocean, she left him on the beach, I think. Then he ends up in space, hunting her down only to fond out she had given birth to some mutant turtle/humanoid triceraton hybrid babies. Wild times.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:34 PM   #131
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabung-Gal View Post
What If... Amber Heard Was a Mutant?
Old 07-19-2022, 06:36 PM   #132
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
What If... Amber Heard Was a Mutant?
I mean, isn't she one already?
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 06:48 PM   #133
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
I mean, isn't she one already?
Touché. Mutant cockroach, Dr. Barlow fixed her right up so she can pass as human.
Old 07-19-2022, 07:38 PM   #134
AwakeTea
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Seri Regenta was a character from the mirage comics, She's an alien species known as the Protoceratons, They are similar to the Triceratons, In that comics She and Michelangelo went off to some adventures, And she eventually became his love interest, So much so that he was the very first ninja turtle to have sex with an alien.

Not much is known on what they will do with the IDW version of the character, But I have a feeling that she and Mikey might become a pairing in the comics.

She's very adorable.
Thanks. Good to know.

Quote:
Character traits:

- Very adorable

So compelling!
Haha. Good one.
AwakeTea is offline   Reply With Quote