The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 11-30-2021, 05:51 PM   #7761
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

At the prompting of a poorly sourced We've Got This Covered article from my news feed, I'm watching a "forgotten Harrison Ford movie has come out of nowhere to conquer Netflix (but not American Netflix so don't look there...)" It's a bizarre movie but pretty enjoyable for what it is, an almost extended Twilight Zone. Though for a "Harrison Ford movie" he doesn't show up until almost an hour in...and even then he's probably in it for 15 to 20 minutes.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:03 PM   #7762
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
At the prompting of a poorly sourced We've Got This Covered article from my news feed, I'm watching a "forgotten Harrison Ford movie has come out of nowhere to conquer Netflix (but not American Netflix so don't look there...)" It's a bizarre movie but pretty enjoyable for what it is, an almost extended Twilight Zone. Though for a "Harrison Ford movie" he doesn't show up until almost an hour in...and even then he's probably in it for 15 to 20 minutes.
Well wtf is it?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 06:14 PM   #7763
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Not sure if i should spoil it....oh wait, there's tools for that:
The film is called The Age of Adaline.
Spoiler:
Blake Lively stars as a woman, born on New Years Day 1908 who after an accident when she's in her late 20's doesn't age anymore. She must live her life in secret so as not to arouse suspicion, depicted in one scene set during the Red Scare. On New Years 2015 she meets and starts a relationship with a young man. After some time together and some ups and downs she is invited along on a family celebration of his father (Ford) and mother's 40th wedding anniversary. BUT upon meeting the father it is revealed that he is a man she once loved but abandoned once things got serious to keep her secret.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 07:23 PM   #7764
IMJ
Emperor

I was on a non-stop flight to Puerto Rico once and they showed "The Time Traveler's Wife" - not normally the kind of movie I'd seek out and watch on my own. But I did and it was worth watching once, I'd say.

That's how I feel about that Harrison Ford flick. But it'd be better if I was "trapped into seeing it" somehow than actually making time to watch it specifically.... It's like "The Notebook". A girlfriend roped me into that one back in the day, but it was solid. I wouldn't have watched it on my own, otherwise.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:41 PM   #7765
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

On Sunday, my mother and I went to see Being the Ricardos. Nicole Kidman, Javier Bardem, J.K. Simmons, Nina Arianda, and Tony Hale were all fantastic. It was very interesting to see what was going in the lives of such an iconic celebrity couple and those who worked on a classic TV show. I'm glad that Lucie Arnez and Desi Arnez Jr. were executive producers.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2021, 06:56 PM   #7766
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I saw Sing 2 today. It was an entertaining and colorful follow-up to its predecessor.
Old 01-01-2022, 09:52 PM   #7767
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

The Suicide Squad from James Gunn. That movie was great. Bloodshot was cool. Peacemaker was such a douchebag. I loved Polka Dot Man's mommy issues that was hilarious.

Harley was much better in this one too. Also Stallone King Shark was great. Cool to finally see Starro on the big screen too
Old 01-08-2022, 07:23 PM   #7768
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

Today I saw American Underdog in theaters. I am not really into football, but I really enjoyed the film and seeing Kurt Warner's story being told. Zachary Levi and Anna Paquin gave very good performances too. It is worth checking out.
Old 01-22-2022, 11:02 PM   #7769
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Been Watching the John Wick Movies for the first time. Watched John Wick 2 tonight. Man its balls to the walls insane fun. Also Ruby Rose gives her best performance because she keeps her mouth shut the entire movie
Old 01-22-2022, 11:37 PM   #7770
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger_scout View Post
I saw Sing 2 today. It was an entertaining and colorful follow-up to its predecessor.
I saw the movie 2 days ago and was pleasantly surprised by it. At first, I wasn't all that interested in watching it despite liking the first one but this one was very sweet and touching. Don't always judge a trailer as being more of the same.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #7771
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Justice Society World War 2 DC Animated. This one was great. No Batman to start. Superman Flash in Present day fighting Brainiac than in the WW 2/Alt Earth they got WW (with a Gal Gadot accent) Hour Man Jay Garrick Black Canary Hawkman Steve Trevor and Aquaman and a cameo of Doctor Fate.

More Batmanless movies like this please.
Old 04-16-2022, 10:38 PM   #7772
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Spider-Man No Way Home.

Great movie Perfection. A perfect love letter to the Sony Spider-man Movies. I loved seeing all 3 of them on screen together
Old 04-18-2022, 03:26 PM   #7773
Icebot
Foot Elite

The Hey Arnold Jungle movie.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 10:59 PM   #7774
Splinter the boss
Stone Warrior

Morbius. It was a cool movie Imo a bit fast paced but otherwise enjoyable

"I am absolute, lower your head!"
Splinter the boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 10:28 PM   #7775
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

I've seen Father Stu twice in theaters. It is the perfect movie to watch over the Easter season. The film is also very important to me since I am a Catholic.
Old 04-29-2022, 03:50 AM   #7776
newfan
Mad Scientist

Lets see...

Warm Bodies, on Netflix, I'm not always a Zombie person but this PG13/12 movie wasn't bad actually, I liked the take of the Zombie person thinking like a regular person while telling his story. I dunno, because it's supposed to be stupid I think you accept the 'yeah as if'part of it.
I'd watch it again.

Also watched Snake Eyes, without knowing a lot about that franchise, enjoyble movie, didn't realise it was also the origin of more than one person.

I am currently watching Venom Let there be Carnage, too early to tell how it will go but I find him funny a little. I think people don't really like the Venom movie? As an outsider I can't comapre the character to how he is supposed to be but I liked it enough to watch it twice.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2022, 02:19 PM   #7777
Icebot
Foot Elite

Forrest Gump and Soul Surfer.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:07 PM   #7778
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

I watched The Bad Guys. This is possibly my favorite Dreamworks movie yet.

I love the character designs, the story, the score, and the characters themselves. Huge recommendation!
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #7779
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post

I love the character designs, the story, the score, and the characters themselves. Huge recommendation!
Its also based on a series of books.
Old 05-14-2022, 05:51 PM   #7780
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post

Oh, hey! Same here! Really loved it as well.

But I'm a sucker for heist movies.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movies