The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 10-28-2021, 08:01 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

15th Anniversary of the Sony Playstation 3

As I sad, I really enjoy video gaming history.

2021 marks the 15th anniversary of the launch of the Sony Playstation 3.

The Sony Playstation 3 was first launched in North America on 11 November 2006 and in North America on 17 November 2006. It was later released in the PAL Region on 23 March 2007

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 08:49 AM   #2
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

The PS3 definitely had a rough start but it would soon gain its footing and would become one of my most favorite consoles. I still hook it up and play it to this day, even more than the PS4.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:32 AM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

I still use my PS3 as a connection to my home media server in one of the bedrooms.

That device got me through ten years as the central piece in my home theater at one point.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 09:45 AM   #4
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I had the original version of the PS3 up until a few months ago, when I sold it (and then it arrived to the buyer broken, and I basically lost all of the money the buyer paid me). Now that was a NICE step up, from the PS2 to PS3. That was some impressive sh**.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 10-28-2021 at 10:07 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I have no nostalgia for the PS3, I don't know how Sony went from having the coolest console to the lamest one in one generation. It looked ugly, the spiderman font didn't help, neither did the price when compared to the Wii and 360. The lack of any real exclusives that made people excited did not help things at all. The only appeal the PS3 had to me was that it was a successor to the PS2. The Wii really took the attention of either of the "HD twins" for the entire first half of the generation, it wasn't until the second half that they were able to recover and the 360 was still the most popular one.

At least to me the damage was done and the PS3 caused me to move to PC gaming for anything non-nintendo.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2021, 01:53 PM   #6
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I had the original version of the PS3 up until a few months ago, when I sold it (and then it arrived to the buyer broken, and I basically lost all of the money the buyer paid me). Now that was a NICE step up, from the PS2 to PS3. That was some impressive sh**.
Yeah, I've still got my YLOD 80gig fat model. I'm not sure what to do with it, and when it went YLOD it had a Clone Wars season 1 disc in it that I've been meaning to get out of there for like a decade now.

My PS3 slim still works perfectly and is the one in the guest room now.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:25 PM   #7
Leo656
The Franchise

I missed the original PS3 release by a few years since I never buy consoles right when they come out. Really wish I'd caught it, though, since my PS2 has been busted for ages and thus I haven't played any PS2 games in like over a decade. Pretty frustrating.

Otherwise, I lie my "basic" PS3 just fine. I got an Xbox 360 first in that generation and so that's the system I ended up with more games for - point of fact, The 360 is by far the console I own THE most games for - but it wasn't out of any loyalty or anything. There's a couple games I own copies of for both. The PS3 didn't end up being as integral to my life as the PS2 had been... but it MIGHT have, if I'd happened to buy one first rather than the 360. As it was, once I had way more 360 games than PS3 games, I just fell into the habit of primarily buying whatever game on the 360. If I couldn't find a copy of whatever game on 360, I'd buy it on PS3. But again, it was more just about which one I fell into first.

I confess, I've often neglected mine, though. Sometimes I'll go about a year or so without playing it, just because I have so many other things to play. I always feel bad about it, though. It's due for another hookup... but then again, I've been saying that about my Gamecube...

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2006, playstation 3, video games