The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We have NO proof Jason Biggs is being replaced, folks... wait til the truth comes out
Eat me!! *cues the stereotypical Italian music* 23 30.67%
Who knew ICKitty could be so freaky!? 26 34.67%
*burp* Whoo... made a little room in there. 3 4.00%
Obey the flavor... 5 6.67%
There'll be NO eating of the princess on my watch! 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 02:15 PM   #81
AT-Man
I SEEN IT
 
AT-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: FIN
Posts: 2,206
Pizza Face's voice and the talking pizzas were the best part, but this might just be the worst episode so far.
__________________

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #82
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Looking at that new Leo's tweets.. yup, he is the new Leonardo..
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:27 PM   #83
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
Looking at that new Leo's tweets.. yup, he is the new Leonardo..
At least he sounds similar enough .
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:28 PM   #84
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At least he sounds similar enough .
sounded bad to me man, won't be the same.. wish there was an episode explaining the voice change.. like Leo hits puberty and his voice cracks.. or something like that. lol
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #85
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
At least he sounds similar enough .
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:29 PM   #86
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639

Was this inspiration for the Great Mighty Pizza?
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #87
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
I thought overall it was a pretty hilarious episode. Fave part was the interrogation scene.

Also love the Triceritons reference.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40,873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
sounded bad to me man, won't be the same.. wish there was an episode explaining the voice change.. like Leo hits puberty and his voice cracks.. or something like that. lol
If nobody said anything I wouldn't be able to tell he was replaced. I think only one of his lines sounded off.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:34 PM   #89
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
If nobody said anything I wouldn't be able to tell he was replaced. I think only one of his lines sounded off.
might take some getting used to.. they probably lost biggs cause he is busy with that orange is the new black show, and he lives in NY, they record in LA, i think its been a problem for them and he was never at conventions etc..

Sean Astin is the next big celeb, I wonder if we will lose him down the line as well.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:35 PM   #90
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40,873
I wonder how Rob Paulsen feels.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:36 PM   #91
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Schrader View Post
might take some getting used to.. they probably lost biggs cause he is busy with that orange is the new black show, and he lives in NY, they record in LA, i think its been a problem for them and he was never at conventions etc..

Sean Astin is the next big celeb, I wonder if we will lose him down the line as well.

I would give them Astin if they cast him in the new Dardevil show as Foggy...
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:46 PM   #92
Tazi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 1,088
Well, it was another filler episode I'm not enjoyed.

Mikey was way too much here, and besides Mikey there wasn't anything else. People complained about the fifth turtle concept before. Well, as things stand at the moment, I'd rather have only three turtles in this show....
__________________
Tazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 02:49 PM   #93
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I wonder how Rob Paulsen feels.
Why would he care?

Honestly though, I really couldn't tell the difference. Makes me wish that back in the OT whenever someone was missing they grabbed someone that could at least TRY to sound like the VA they're replacing.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:13 PM   #94
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
I would give them Astin if they cast him in the new Dardevil show as Foggy...
Not gonna lie... that actually sounds pretty awesome.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #95
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Brilliant episode, probably one of the best of the series. It had everything I like best about TMNT - a crazy concept, ridiculous fight scenes and a lot of good jokes. It also had none of the fanwanky things that bore me stupid - so called "character development" (i.e. people crying and/or pretending to learn a lesson that they'll forget again the next episode) being one of them and endless Leo vs Raph tediousness being another.

The "filler episode" mentality drives me mad. So the only episodes that count are ones that pick up plots from the season's openings and finale? There's no room at all for stuff that doesn't directly relate to one or two specific plotlines? The way you guys are talking you'd think we were running out of time for those plots to move forward. We have YEARS to see who April does or doesn't date, to see what happens with Karai and to see what the Kraang do next. And since anyone half-awake can guess how those things will end anyway, what's the hurry?

I certainly prefer episodes like this that don't "move things forward," because the episodes that focus on moving things forward don't have Mikey torturing a sentient pizza or said pizzas demanding "EAT ME." It was gloriously unhinged.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #96
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier
 
FoxBoxKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
This is the first episode of this show that I did not find enjoyable. I didn't think it could go this low, this suddenly. The new movie looks better than this episode was. The next episode will probably be a lot better, but it's not next week, is it?
__________________
cow·a·bun·gler
/ˌkou-əˈbəNG(ə)lər/
noun informal
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:18 PM   #97
electric_sheep
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,639
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroscene View Post
Brilliant episode, probably one of the best of the series. It had everything I like best about TMNT - a crazy concept, ridiculous fight scenes and a lot of good jokes. It also had none of the fanwanky things that bore me stupid - so called "character development" (i.e. people crying and/or pretending to learn a lesson that they'll forget again the next episode) being one of them and endless Leo vs Raph tediousness being another.

The "filler episode" mentality drives me mad. So the only episodes that count are ones that pick up plots from the season's openings and finale? There's no room at all for stuff that doesn't directly relate to one or two specific plotlines? The way you guys are talking you'd think we were running out of time for those plots to move forward. We have YEARS to see who April does or doesn't date, to see what happens with Karai and to see what the Kraang do next. And since anyone half-awake can guess how those things will end anyway, what's the hurry?

I certainly prefer episodes like this that don't "move things forward," because the episodes that focus on moving things forward don't have Mikey torturing a sentient pizza or said pizzas demanding "EAT ME." It was gloriously unhinged.
YOu've just put my thoughts into words, thank you sir...
I mean how can you not love this?
Allso there were two south park references in that scene, probaby unintentional...

Last edited by electric_sheep; 05-18-2014 at 03:31 PM.
electric_sheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #98
Keroscene
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
He's a joke, not to be taken seriously.
None of them are to be taken seriously, they're teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Quote:
It's not a change in his character that's bad it's HORRIBLE writing that's bad.
It's a writing choice you don't like, not "bad writing." Can the episode be understood? Yes. Does it stand alone without explanation of previous stories? Yes. Did it have jokes which appealed to some people? Yes. Then it's not "bad writing" just because it doesn't contain things you want to see.

Quote:
They tried with all the other turtles, but they obviously don't try with Mikey.
Absolutely ALL of Raphael's episodes have either dealt with his anger or his difficult relationship with his brothers. ALL of Leonardo's episodes have dealt with his fears around leadership or his feelings for Karai. ALL of Donatello's episodes have dealt with the fact that he's in his own head too much or has feelings for April. Mikey's character arcs are no more repetitive than anyone else's and it's not really a problem because this isn't supposed to be an in-depth examination of four personalities - if you want that stuff, try looking on AO3.
Keroscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:47 PM   #99
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 13,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by electric_sheep View Post
YOu've just put my thoughts into words, thank you sir...
I mean how can you not love this? http://s29.postimg.org/8pjwvtr3b/image.jpg
Allso there were two south park references in that scene, probaby unintentional...
Exactly. We need at least... a LITTLE padding. And this was basically a 'day-in-the-life' episode. And honestly, it just continued to show more of the aftermath of the Night the Mutagen Rained Down.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #100
drgon78
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,187
I liked the episode mainly for the April and Irma part at the beginning and that Mikey was actually competent for most of the episode. Though I wish that it was actually a dream, but then that would ruin the fact Mikey did much better on his own then ever before.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pizza face

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.