The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: We have NO proof Jason Biggs is being replaced, folks... wait til the truth comes out
Eat me!! *cues the stereotypical Italian music* 23 30.67%
Who knew ICKitty could be so freaky!? 26 34.67%
*burp* Whoo... made a little room in there. 3 4.00%
Obey the flavor... 5 6.67%
There'll be NO eating of the princess on my watch! 18 24.00%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2014, 09:07 PM   #141
Powder
So tired of this place
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell Ri La
Posts: 26,795
Really didn't care for this episode.
__________________



I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:23 PM   #142
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,387
Wasn't a fan at all. Didn't find it funny like others in the thread did.

At least there wasn't a big distinction between Biggs and the new Leo voice actor in case this is a permanent change.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:34 PM   #143
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't understand the hate this episode is getting. Its almost as if everyone has lost their sense of humor. It was consistently funny and reminded me of the more wacky Teen Titans episodes that focused on Beast Boy, which makes sense as Greg Cripes voiced BB and Ciro Nieli worked on Teen Titans.

Why do you guys accept the more wacky Teen Titans episodes but not on TMNT?
It was alright. I just didn't like all the bad Mikey humor.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:45 PM   #144
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't understand the hate this episode is getting. Its almost as if everyone has lost their sense of humor. It was consistently funny and reminded me of the more wacky Teen Titans episodes that focused on Beast Boy, which makes sense as Greg Cripes voiced BB and Ciro Nieli worked on Teen Titans.

Why do you guys accept the more wacky Teen Titans episodes but not on TMNT?
okay fine.

BB had that Tofu taking over the world episode...
Mikey has this pizza taking over the world episode.

we have completed the legacy, let's now move on to Mikey getting some deep stories like BB and terra.
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:46 PM   #145
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,918
For me it's just things like the way over the top gross pizza (with a rat/mouse on it... spinter am cry, plus eyeballs etc.) and Mikey eating Pizza Face just felt out of place within the Nick universe to me. Just really feel like it went too far.

And yeah I know it was a Rin & Stimpy reference, I grew up watching that show. But the difference is... in R&S those kinds of gross jokes are a part of just about every episode... it works perfectly within that universe. But the thought of Mikey really eating an eyeball and mouse/rat pizza? No... just no.

Yes this is a show with mutant turtles and other mutated animals, aliens, super advanced technology, super amazingly skilled ninjas and teenage girls that can learn martial arts in just a few weeks/months BUT I just feel like that is on a different level than rather a character can eat a living pizza (that was human shortly before) literally the same size or bigger than him... to me, one category is a type of hyper stylized sci-fi... and the other is just GOOFY to the extreme... I wish we had a lot less of the later in this show.

Last edited by Zulithe; 05-18-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #146
The Big Bad
Stone Warrior
 
The Big Bad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 652
I've come to the conclusion that this show works best when it doesn't have to worry about being dramatic or consistent and can just focus on being silly. It makes it much easier to ignore the (many) iffy parts and focus on the good--the fantastic production values. Still, we've seen this basic story before, and I could see why some would feel this iteration doesn't work. But I enjoyed it.
__________________
Monsters of New York, my TMNT/Gargoyles Blog


Avatar artwork by Madseason.

Previous avatar artwork by Lorna-ka.
The Big Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:51 PM   #147
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 14,876
Good gracious... Mikey ATE the main villain. That was unexpected but hilarious.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #148
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NorCal
Posts: 5,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
I've come to the conclusion that this show works best when it doesn't have to worry about being dramatic or consistent and can just focus on being silly. It makes it much easier to ignore the (many) iffy parts and focus on the good--the fantastic production values. Still, we've seen this basic story before, and I could see why some would feel this iteration doesn't work. But I enjoyed it.
I get your feelings. I think any fanbase has to deal with that. When you really like something you can overlook or accept the aspects of it that aren't to your liking. You will see that in any fandom I'd wager.

I wouldn't say I ignore the parts that I feel fall below a certain threshold of my expectations... I do like to speak up about it sometimes... but as a fan you need to have a lot of understanding and the ability to roll with it... you have to or you're just gonna end up hating everything The time tested philosophy of "take the good with the bad"

I guess the real question for me is... at what point does the bad outweigh the good and it's time to give up? I don't think TMNT is nearing that point yet. In fact it has a long ways to reach that point IMO. But if we keep getting episodes of this quality... look, I liked Pizzaface as a character, the animation and everything was spot on... but man these scripts need some serious work lately.

The fact that we may be losing Biggs (not fully confirmed yet... but it's upsetting that NOBODY from the staff is commenting on this despite being asked) is also not a good sign to me.

Last edited by Zulithe; 05-18-2014 at 10:07 PM.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:16 PM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 40,892
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
okay fine.

BB had that Tofu taking over the world episode...
Mikey has this pizza taking over the world episode.

we have completed the legacy, let's now move on to Mikey getting some deep stories like BB and terra.
That's exactly the episode I was thinking of too.

Plus in that episode Cyborg eats the Tofu villain, just like Mikey ate pizzaface.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:19 PM   #150
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That's exactly the episode I was thinking of too.

Plus in that episode Cyborg eats the Tofu villain, just like Mikey ate pizzaface.
I always thought that episode felt reminiscent to a short story fan fiction.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #151
Garfield
Hench Mutant
 
Garfield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I get your feelings. I think any fanbase has to deal with that. When you really like something you can overlook or accept the aspects of it that aren't to your liking. You will see that in any fandom I'd wager.

I wouldn't say I ignore the parts that I feel fall below a certain threshold of my expectations... I do like to speak up about it sometimes... but as a fan you need to have a lot of understanding and the ability to roll with it... you have to or you're just gonna end up hating everything The time tested philosophy of "take the good with the bad"
I don't think anyone needs to just roll with it.

Nick TMNT can be glaringly inconsistent a lot of the time in writing and tone. I think it’s okay to be bothered by that because it’s so blatant. Simple things like *everyone that eats mutated pizza gets mind controlled, Mike eats mutated pizza and nothing happens* would bother the heck out of me if I took this episode as more than a wacky funny time, which some episodes want you to. The reason I liked this episode is because it was consistent in it's tone. It was completely outrageous and it didn't try to be anything else. Personally I think Nick TMNT would be better if it just never took itself seriously because it's so much better at being wacky and funny than being consistent.
Garfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:18 PM   #152
Creativecreature31
Thug
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 89
Just one thing that I just don't understand is why would anyone think that this episode was a dream?

I mean why the heck would Irma be in Mikey's dream if he hasn't even met her yet?
Creativecreature31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #153
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,772
Ooooo-kaaay.... This was just- weird. Funny, to be sure, but VERY WEIRD. And kinda sick on several levels. Loved seeing ICK again. Leo didn't really sound much different, but I really hope they're not replacing him permanently. As for the rest- it was way over-the-top, although I loved the humor. Still not one of the better episodes, but meh, I can live with it.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:46 PM   #154
Electric
Epic Hiatus
 
Electric's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 2,484
Not a fan of this episode. Couldn't take it very seriously, and I agree with others that this had a very goofy joking feel to it, as opposed to normal Scifi feel.

Just couldn't get into this episode. Maybe I was too distracted by Leo's voice change, which I am not a fan of at all. Really hope jason stays or they bring in someone else to replace him

But i did like seeing Irma again! And she's getting even more curious about Aprils "secret friends"
__________________
Electric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:11 AM   #155
Wildcat
Foot Elite
 
Wildcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: AZ
Posts: 3,234
Wow all the hate. I really enjoyed this episode and Im very much against Mikey's over humorous personality in the Nick series. It was a fun episode and actually kinda creepy. Go Ninja, Go Ninja Go!

The calzones and mind control were, I assume, a reference to Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The only thing I didn't like was that Antonio would just pick up any item he found out back and use it as a new ingredient. No one would taste random garbage like that.

Here where I live there is actually a local pizza place that used to be called Pizza-Rama but it was changed to Tony's a few years ago.
__________________
Nothing can survive the will to stay alive, cause if you try, you can do anything.
Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:59 AM   #156
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
Wow all the hate. I really enjoyed this episode and Im very much against Mikey's over humorous personality in the Nick series. It was a fun episode and actually kinda creepy. Go Ninja, Go Ninja Go!

The calzones and mind control were, I assume, a reference to Invasion of the Body Snatchers. The only thing I didn't like was that Antonio would just pick up any item he found out back and use it as a new ingredient. No one would taste random garbage like that.

Here where I live there is actually a local pizza place that used to be called Pizza-Rama but it was changed to Tony's a few years ago.
I totally agree! I don't think this is the worst episode of the new TMNT. That honor will go to ''The Kraang Conspiracy''. Still not great, but decent, maybe even good.
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:27 AM   #157
darthwahl56
Mad Scientist
 
darthwahl56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: I live in a Sewer.
Posts: 1,119
Mikey ate Pizza Face. That was awesome. Now I want a Pizza Face figure for this show. He looked like Pizza the Hut from Spaceballs and in fact had a similar death. This was a pretty funny episode, pretty odd but funny and very mikey. It was also funny that he beat up his brothers.
__________________


"Party Wagon on the Move!"
darthwahl56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:29 AM   #158
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
The fact that we may be losing Biggs (not fully confirmed yet... but it's upsetting that NOBODY from the staff is commenting on this despite being asked) is also not a good sign to me.
Even if we could contact Ciro here on these forums or anyone else in production, I'm sure at the very most any of them could give us is a cryptic answer because if Biggs is being let go, Nick would want to do it as quietly as possible (thus issuing a gag order on the production staff) rather than bringing attention to it (and in the process, reopening and giving more attention to the public remarks Biggs made). If this is the way how things have occurred, we'll probably only know the full story of what happened behind the scenes when the Nick series is over then.

Last edited by Refractive Reflections; 05-19-2014 at 02:36 AM.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:21 AM   #159
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,880
why didn't Jason Biggs voice Leo in this ep?
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)

Last edited by TheBlueTurtle1; 05-19-2014 at 06:30 AM.
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:41 AM   #160
Colonel Schrader
Hench Mutant
 
Colonel Schrader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't understand the hate this episode is getting. Its almost as if everyone has lost their sense of humor. It was consistently funny and reminded me of the more wacky Teen Titans episodes that focused on Beast Boy, which makes sense as Greg Cripes voiced BB and Ciro Nieli worked on Teen Titans.

Why do you guys accept the more wacky Teen Titans episodes but not on TMNT?
agree with you, it was a great episode, very funny. only thing i did not like was the voice of leo.
Colonel Schrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pizza face

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.