The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Have you gotten the COVID vaccine?
Yes, I have gotten the COVID vaccine 52 77.61%
No, I have not gotten the COVID vaccine 15 22.39%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-17-2022, 07:24 PM   #1321
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Finally, it's not all bark and no bite. People have walked out in droves in some hospitals stupid enough to follow the mandate to the point where the hospitals had to call em back. Several companies have said 'get vax or get out by so and so date' but when they realize how many people they'll lose as they approach that date it becomes a 'never mind'. Then the airlines, to where enough staff walked out, they had to cover up the fact that so many flights were cancelled due to 'bad weather' despite not a cloud in the sly and despite every other airline continuing on schedule. That one literally is my example of 'the media lying while the sky is still blue' come to life AND PEOPLE ACTUALLY FELL FOR IT. They've been smart enough to not hand out mandates to the truckers because if push comes to shove, THEY WILL BRING THE COUNTRY TO A STANDSTILL. Canada is already feeling the brunt of it since they're being stupid enough to force the truckers hand. Finally the Supreme Court put the kibosh on this mess, even though Biden wants you to cover your ears and ignore it.
Fair answer, I wasn't aware that the pushback in America reached this extent. Though I still don't think it will be enough to stop the mandates, and their enforcement.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:31 PM   #1322
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Fair answer, I wasn't aware that the pushback in America reached this extent. Though I still don't think it will be enough to stop the mandates, and their enforcement.
Sadly no, especially since Biden keeps fighting it. Also the Supreme Court only ruled that BUSINESSES can't enforce the mandates anymore, but they didn't include health care. A lot of people are upset about it. But I guess we'll see.

If Omicron truly does fizzle out, all the Powers that Be, presumably in every country, will now have egg on their face when they have run out of excuses to continue with their mandates, lockdowns, camps, and whatever else.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2022, 08:35 PM   #1323
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Did you guys notice what the left did with "anti-vax"? They've literally changed the dictionary definition of "anti-vax" to not just mean someone who is against vaccines... but anyone who is against vaccine mandates as well. Pretty crazy stuff.

Gotta control the language!
They also changed the very definition of vaccine where it now describes the MRNA way (rather than using actual half-dead viruses) and also to where it now says just to lessen the symptoms instead of actually preventing you from catching whatever it is you're getting vaccinated against.

The real scary part is whenever CoVid is a memory it's not like they're gonna go back and change the definition back.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 01-18-2022, 03:34 AM   #1324
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
They also changed the very definition of vaccine where it now describes the MRNA way (rather than using actual half-dead viruses)
The missus corrected me on this, given she works in treatment research for the NHS and knows people directly working on vaccine research. The Covid vaccine, in whatever form, contains nothing half-dead. It's either mRNA or a dead virus. The symptoms are purely your body reacting to what it thinks is an invader, the vaccine can't actually infect you and give you Covid.

I will note there's no bias here, this is a woman who is not anti vaccine, but was pro testing the Covid vaccine more before it was rolled out.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:00 AM   #1325
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
The missus corrected me on this, given she works in treatment research for the NHS and knows people directly working on vaccine research. The Covid vaccine, in whatever form, contains nothing half-dead. It's either mRNA or a dead virus. The symptoms are purely your body reacting to what it thinks is an invader, the vaccine can't actually infect you and give you Covid.

I will note there's no bias here, this is a woman who is not anti vaccine, but was pro testing the Covid vaccine more before it was rolled out.
It's just mRNA, no half-dead viruses. That's the whole problem. I think the vaccine woulda been more effective if it had weakened or half-dead viruses in it like regular vaccines do. Another problem is, while it's understandable when they first rolled out this rushed placebo that there wasn't enough research to get half dead or weakened CoVid viruses to make the vaccines, it's been 2 years now and they still haven't done it. My whole issue is, it's still the same sugar water formula. The vaccine you get today is the same vaccine you would have gotten March of 2021. There has been zero attempts to upgrade it now that they should have plenty or research and samples of half dead and weakened viruses to use.

They just really don't want to stop the virus. They just want to force control over you.

Old 01-18-2022, 10:00 AM   #1326
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
The vaccine you get today is the same vaccine you would have gotten March of 2021.
Well, this part is true. Boosters as well. Just more of the same, to give you a temporary antibody boost again. T and B cell memory is unchanged.

Quote:
There has been zero attempts to upgrade it
Not true. Pfizer is already almost done on a Omicron-specific vaccine. Because Omicron is so super deadly...
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 11:24 AM   #1327
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Well, this part is true. Boosters as well. Just more of the same, to give you a temporary antibody boost again. T and B cell memory is unchanged.

Not true. Pfizer is already almost done on a Omicron-specific vaccine. Because Omicron is so super deadly...
Rofl. Gotta make that money somehow. They're trying to catch up on that dolla-dolla since they started out with one shot rather than 2.

Old 01-18-2022, 03:56 PM   #1328
Mayhem
Foot Elite

Quote:
It's just mRNA, no half-dead viruses. That's the whole problem. I think the vaccine woulda been more effective if it had weakened or half-dead viruses in it like regular vaccines do.
The Pfizer one is mRNA based, the Astra Zeneca one that most people in the UK got for their first two shots is a deactivated virus delivering Covid's genetic material that the immune system triggers off. Definitely not mRNA or a half dead version. The Chinese Covid vaccine is a fully inactivated Covid virus for example. There is no "half dead" virus vaccine out there yet, but I believe a couple are in trials right now (Codagenix?).
Old 01-18-2022, 04:44 PM   #1329
Leo656
The Franchise

So apparently, they're figuring out why some people lose their sense of taste and smell, and others don't. Turns out, it's a genetic predisposition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/genetic-r...160358234.html

That sucks, but once again, if it's genetic that pretty much means "can't sh*t be done about it."

Kinda like I don't want to die young of a heart attack, and so I go to great lengths to take care of myself. BUT, science says, it has f*ck-all to do with me, and I'll probably be lucky to make it past 65 no matter WHAT I do, because men in my family die young of heart attacks and it's genetic. Therefore, while I do my best, I refuse to obsess. It is literally not up to me.

At least they're figuring stuff out. Slowly.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 06:20 PM   #1330
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
So apparently, they're figuring out why some people lose their sense of taste and smell, and others don't. Turns out, it's a genetic predisposition.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/genetic-r...160358234.html

That sucks, but once again, if it's genetic that pretty much means "can't sh*t be done about it."

Kinda like I don't want to die young of a heart attack, and so I go to great lengths to take care of myself. BUT, science says, it has f*ck-all to do with me, and I'll probably be lucky to make it past 65 no matter WHAT I do, because men in my family die young of heart attacks and it's genetic. Therefore, while I do my best, I refuse to obsess. It is literally not up to me.

At least they're figuring stuff out. Slowly.
They're only figuring out what they're pretty much allowed to figure out. Since the loss of taste and smell doesn't have anything to do with 'the narrative' they can freely investigate that without it being a huge deal.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:05 PM   #1331
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, but it's good news anyway since one of the things the scared sh*tless crowd are freaking out about is "I don't wanna lose my smell/taste!" (even though it has come back eventually in almost all cases), so if they can figure out what causes it they can kind of figure out who's most at risk for that, in theory.

Like I'm not sure how they can tell in advance if a person has the genetic predisposition towards that specific side effect UNTIL they catch Covid and find out for themselves... but at least in theory, now that they know what causes it they can potentially figure out a way to figure out which individuals have the predisposition for it, and in turn those individuals can take extra precautions if they feel like it.

That way we won't have people who are NOT at risk for losing their taste/smell forced to suffer the same mandated restrictions as those who are, and people can individually do whatever they think is best for themselves. As is, a lot of what we're dealing with is people who just plain don't care what happens, living under the same draconian restrictions as people who won't be satisfied until we have "0% Covid" (which is NEVER going to happen).

I.E., "I don't want to lose my taste/smell, so I'm scared sh*tless of Covid and you should be too, because if you give it to me I *might* lose my sense of smell and it'll be your fault, so wear the mask and get the shot you dumb Trumper moron!" That's where we are Right Now. But if they can take what they know now and get to a point where they can predetermine whether or not a person even HAS the necessary genetic marker for said side effects, those who know for a fact they're not at risk for it can calm the f*ck down a little.

Again, "in theory". It's encouraging news, at any rate.

Old 01-18-2022, 07:55 PM   #1332
ABrown
Banned

Having drinks at a bar with a friend of mine last night. We strongly disagreed over the effectiveness of the vaccine. I claimed that it does absolutely nothing at all. He claimed that it works because when people get the virus now, their symptoms are less than what they were before. I maintained that the symptoms for most people weren't bad to begin with.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:07 PM   #1333
Leo656
The Franchise

Did he scream at you immediately about all the dead, fat, chain-smoking, pill-popping people, while entirely ignoring the fact that they were already fat, chain-smoking and pill-popping and that it takes all of those factors (in most cases) for someone to die of Covid?

Because that's my favorite. "Teh Peepul ar DiYinG!!!" Yeah, people who had one-and-a-half feet in the grave to begin with. Almost every single one. Even the "experts" are admitting it, now; almost 80% of everyone who died had AT LEAST four high-risk factors working against them, with obesity being by far the largest factor with smoking a distant second-place. Meaning that the overwhelming majority of dead people weren't just fat... they didn't just smoke... they didn't just abuse opioid medication... they were ALL of that, plus A Few Other Things, Too. ALMOST no previously-healthy people died. Period.

Yes, a few people died who had only one, or none, of those factors, but statistically their likelihood of death was even less than having a plane fall on them. So I am perfectly fine lumping them in the "Sometimes Sh*t Happens" category. Because you don't just never go outside because one in a million people has a plane land on their head. It "never" happens, so people don't worry about it, even though it does technically happen sometimes.

Anyway, did he give you that speech? I hope not, that'd suck. Whenever the 99% of people who HAD Covid and got over it just fine say "Yeah, I had it, no biggie," inevitably SOMEONE screams at them for being insensitive to those who died. It's like hey dude, I hate to break it to ya, the vast majority of those individuals were already not doing so hot.

I mean, fat people (and people who smoke, AND fat people who smoke) have a terrible respiratory system. Their heart and lungs are under incredible stress as a fact of life. I am therefore not shocked - nor particularly upset - that a disease that affects their respiratory system would take them out so much easier. The simplest solution (which so few want to hear) is to simply Avoid Risk Factors. In plain English, "Fix Your Damn Self." If you wear a mask and wash your hands, but refuse to join a gym or quit smoking, you're frankly not taking sh*t seriously and in turn have no right to blame anyone else for whatever happens to you. Being fat is unhealthy. Smoking is unhealthy. Taking opiates is unhealthy. Doing All Of This Sh*t At Once is VERY unhealthy. Independently of germs, these people are NOT okay.

Of course, we don't preach Personal Responsibility in 2022. We preach "the bad things that happen to you are all someone else's fault." Because it makes people feel better about themselves, even though it's damaging and it's bullsh*t.

Last edited by Leo656; 01-18-2022 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-18-2022, 08:31 PM   #1334
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Having drinks at a bar with a friend of mine last night. We strongly disagreed over the effectiveness of the vaccine. I claimed that it does absolutely nothing at all. He claimed that it works because when people get the virus now, their symptoms are less than what they were before. I maintained that the symptoms for most people weren't bad to begin with.
You are half right and your friend is wrong.

The vaxx does indeed do nothing to prevent covid or make things"less severe" but it also poisons the human body...
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 08:47 PM   #1335
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Reminds me of the ex friend who was fuming cause a mutual friend caught CoVid a few months back despite being, you know, fully vaccinated. Rather than question 'why didn't the vaccine protect me, why did I even take it to begin with' they're blaming some invisible non-vaccinated person that surely somehow magically gave it to her, for when all they know someone vaccinated from their own circle gave it to them. But it's easier to blame the invisible boogeyman.

In a way I miss Trump in office. Life was more fun when HE was the boogeyman and not me.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:26 PM   #1336
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The UK finally dropped all mandates, masks and restrictions and it seems Ireland is going to follow suit with at least most of that.

Sooner or later Americans are gonna point to those countries and demand we do the same. We are 'The Land of the Free' after all and we can't have other countries have more freedoms that we do.

We're finally on the road to the other side of this.

Old 01-22-2022, 06:05 PM   #1337
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
The UK finally dropped all mandates, masks and restrictions and it seems Ireland is going to follow suit with at least most of that.

Sooner or later Americans are gonna point to those countries and demand we do the same. We are 'The Land of the Free' after all and we can't have other countries have more freedoms that we do.

We're finally on the road to the other side of this.
Around here all kinds of cities are now making these mask demands and sadly too many businesses are just doing it rather than fighting back. Its annoying & slightly depressing to see so many companies owned & run by cowards not willing to stand up to tyrants and all this antiscience.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2022, 06:11 PM   #1338
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Around here all kinds of cities are now making these mask demands and sadly too many businesses are just doing it rather than fighting back. Its annoying & slightly depressing to see so many companies owned & run by cowards not willing to stand up to tyrants and all this antiscience.
Eventually they'll have to fold as well. We will boycott them into oblivion and their employees will quit in droves.

In other news, Starbucks dropped all mandates for their employees, but Cartharrt is slightly under fire (depending on what side of the fence they're on) cause they're proudly continuing on with the vaccine mandates despite the supreme court saying they no longer have to. Boycotts are coming.

Right now any company deciding to do the mandates despite no longer being obligated to, are just being dicks.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:10 PM   #1339
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Honestly it's time people move past the vaccine and at least look for actual treatments or something. It failed. If it was a success CoVid woulda been a memory now.

If you really think about it, the vaccinated would stop getting sick and the unvaccinated would stop getting sick, at least from the vaccinated. I mean all this nonsense of being triple jabbed and still being afraid of getting sick is retarded. Like why did you even get them? Then you still get sick anyway and blame the unvaccinated instead of blaming the vaccine for failing you.

Sure if it was a one off case, ok, that makes sense but there are thousands of vaccinated people catching and spreading CoVid by now.

If the vaccine worked with the high vaccination rates we got, why did the cases go up rather than down? Don't you get it???? If the vaccine works then why are you still getting sick or why are you still looking over your shoulder if someone sneezes. Why are you in areas where literally everyone is vaccinated and you still blame an imaginary person when you still got sick anyway?

If the vaccinated couldn't get sick anymore, there wouldn't have been a problem, but it's time to wake up from this fantasy. You've been had. Process this new information and act accordingly.

Old 02-04-2022, 03:39 PM   #1340
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Sorry to tell you, but we are never going to move past vaccines. As much as I wish we could, speaking as someone who avoids needles as much as possible other than when I really have to.

No kind of "treatments" are ever going to do the work of vaccines that help nip something in the bud and actually arm the immune system in advance.

This anti-Covid pill Pfizer has come up with that sounds like it basically sabotages the virus's efforts sounds like the "treatments or something" you want, but dropping a vaccine and focusing on pills to give people after the fact, still leaving hospitals to be vulnerable to being overburdened, is not ideal. No guarantee that every hospital or pharmacy will always have it readily available all the time either. Once it even is.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
indigocuck