The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #1
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

HALO TV Series by Steven Spielberg

Turns out, the immensely popular video game series HALO will be getting it's own Television series that will air on CBS. The unexpected news for this decision is that Steven Spielberg himself will be producing the show. What are some of your thoughts and concerns about the existence of a HALO TV Series, and how do you think most fans will feel about how Master Chief is portrayed on TV? Who will be cast for the show? Any comments?

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged...190405471.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris, C. (Yahoo Games- Plugged In.)

Halo may not have made it to the big screen, but it's getting its own TV show.
And one helluva producer.
As part of the Xbox One reveal Tuesday, Microsoft unveiled plans for Halo: The Television Series, which will air exclusively on Xbox Live. To assuage any fan fears about the show's quality, the Redmond-based company has partnered with legendary movie-maker Steven Spielberg to create it.
Spielberg will executive produce the live-action series, working with 343 Industries and the newly created Xbox Entertainment Studios.
Spielberg appeared at the unveil event via a short video, where he said he was excited to be involved with "the heroes, worlds, and wonders that Halo will take us to."
"Halo has always been more than a game," said 343 Industries' Bonnie Ross, who introduced the show. "The Halo universe is an amazing opportunity to be at that intersection where technology and myth-making meet to produce something truly groundbreaking,"
While there's plenty of cause for excitement, there are even more questions. Microsoft didn't discuss who else would be involved in the series. We're not sure whether it will focus on franchise heroes Master Chief and Cortana or the broader Halo universe. And there's no word -- or even a hint -- about when it will begin airing (or if production has even begun on the series).
The move to television comes after Microsoft has been unable to find a suitable studio home for the Halo franchise. Some years ago, director Peter Jackson was attached to a Halo film project as producer, but things fell apart due to budget concerns. Studios were nervous about the high price-tag of making the film, given the sluggish box-office performance of other game-based movies.
With the hiring of Nancy Tellem, former president of CBS Television Studios, last September, Microsoft committed itself to a more serious focus on original entertainment content. Where better to start than with its flagship franchise?
Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

This is about 10 years too late for anyone to care about it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:15 AM   #3
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't care for HALO either, but I didn't see any threads on it... Maybe I overlooked it, but if this has just been posted recently, it's not like its common knowledge. Many people probably still don't know about it. Just because something is news to a few people, but not to others, doesn't mean they are stupid for sharing thoughts. Isn't that what a discussion forum is for?
Old 05-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah, because Forward Unto Dawn was a huge flop that didn't get anyone talking and totally wasn't the thing that made this show come together. Halo also isn't still a gigantic seller or anything. Just zero interest there.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:47 AM   #5
Baxter Stockmen
Foot Soldier

If it's anything like Forward Unto Dawn, it'll be freaking awesome. But the problem is Spielberg. He has attached himself to so many crappy projects lately that he has lost all credibility to me.

His stuff has become too predictable and uninteresting. Let's hope he gets better.

Oh, i'm looking for a Sideshow Statues.
Baxter Stockmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
chrisdude
Foot Elite

I don't know. None of my friends have been into HALO since 2. I really can't judge how much interest there would be. But if it's on not only network television, but arguably the top network, CBS, it needs a serious mainstream following. Not just HALO fans. Most TV shows fail, as it is, but this is the toughest real estate on television...
Old 05-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #7
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Yeah, they probably should have worked harder to put this out before when it was still a hot topic... Most of my friends who were Halo fans mostly all graduated to Call of Duty.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #8
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsai4lex
Turns out, the immensely popular video game series HALO will be getting it's own Television series that will air on CBS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisdude View Post
I don't know. None of my friends have been into HALO since 2. I really can't judge how much interest there would be. But if it's on not only network television, but arguably the top network, CBS, it needs a serious mainstream following. Not just HALO fans. Most TV shows fail, as it is, but this is the toughest real estate on television...
Where the f*ck is this CBS sh*t coming from? It's gonna be on XBox Live. It's like the third sentence in the article.

Last edited by Cure; 05-23-2013 at 12:16 PM.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #9
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Ok I see, it was the former president of CBS Television studios who is involved. It was a small detail that was overlooked... No sense in having a fit about it. An X-Box Live exclusive show is a bad idea... It will never catch on, and I believe only true fans will be interested in checking it out.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:25 PM   #10
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsai4lex View Post
I believe only true fans will be interested in checking it out.
I'm almost positive that's who they're catering to and the point. Hence why it's on XBox Live.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #11
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Ok I see, it was the former president of CBS Television studios who is involved. It was a small detail that was overlooked... No sense in having a fit about it. An X-Box Live exclusive show is a bad idea... It will never catch on, and I believe only true fans will be interested in checking it out.
An xbox live show about one of the most popular xbox live games would never catch on with xbox live players.

.......wait what?

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #12
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Beautiful, so in other words... They could care less if it catches on, or if more people get interested. Ok, that's smart

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
An xbox live show about one of the most popular xbox live games would never catch on with xbox live players.

.......wait what?
too true!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #13
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
too true!
Wasn't agreeing with you.

Quote:
Beautiful, so in other words... They could care less if it catches on, or if more people get interested. Ok, that's smart
It's original content for their service and it's playing right into their fanbase.

What the hell is the problem with that? They're not trying to make Big Bang Theory or some sh*t.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:34 PM   #14
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
Wasn't agreeing with you.

In case you didn't realize... I didnt say you were...
If anything dude, I was agreeing with YOU!
Besides, There's no problem bro... I could care less.
I'm not going to be watching it either way.

Last edited by redsai4lex; 05-23-2013 at 12:45 PM.
redsai4lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #15
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #16
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about.
All that says to me is that you are talking about yourself bro. You don't know me, or anything about what I know about. The only thing you've said that's even close to being credible is the fact that I dont care about Halo in the slightest. Excuse me if I actually have a life... I don't have the luxury of spending 24/7 behind a stupid computer screen digging up details on how and when some dumb tv show is gonna air. Screw anyone who has anything antagonistic to say, and those of you should start listening to yourselves before saying anything about what someone else says... Next time, just keep your stupid rude comments to yourselves... Stinking no-lives
Old 05-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #17
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
The only thing you've said that's even close to being credible is the fact that I dont care about Halo in the slightest.
I...never said that.

You're just worried about the show not catching on and not garnering interest, but they've chosen to put it on Live for very specific reasons. They're a business, they know what they're doing. You thinking you know better is what shows you don't know what you're talking about.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #18
ComicBookBoy
Hench Mutant

I'll definitely be watching this show! Halo is one of my favorite games. I've been waiting for people to make a Halo movie for a long time, but a tv show's just as good.

Check out my Collection
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39696

Last edited by ComicBookBoy; 05-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.
ComicBookBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #19
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
I...never said that.

You're just worried about the show not catching on and not garnering interest, but they've chosen to put it on Live for very specific reasons. They're a business, they know what they're doing. You thinking you know better is what shows you don't know what you're talking about.
I NEVER said I think I know better, and I NEVER said that I give a crap about whether this show is successful or NOT... I... Never... Said... That! That, shows that YOU don't know what you're talking about!
And, on the same note, if they truly knew what they were doing... They wouldn't be limiting future gamers with the announcements they've revealed about the Xbox one... So stupid, I'm not even gonna get started on that...
Old 05-23-2013, 01:44 PM   #20
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
I NEVER said I think I know better
You said this:

Quote:
The sarcasm belies what you're feeling; that they're not being "smart" by catering to everyone. You think you know better.