The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-17-2021, 10:04 PM   #1001
Leo656
The Franchise

Over 1 million people went to see the movie in AMC theaters alone on Thursday.

SUPER-SPREADERS! RISKING THE LIVES OF EVERYONE YOU KNOW, FOR A MOVIE OF ALL THE TRIVIAL THINGS! FOR SHAME!!!

Couldn't invent this stuff, man. Hope all those people make sure to self-isolate for the next two weeks so they don't kill Grandma!

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:47 PM   #1002
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Maybe they adapt Kraven's Last Hunt
The original plan for this one was to do Kraven
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 12:40 AM   #1003
frank_one
Mad Scientist

I like the hivemind idea, even if this imply we will never see Tom Hardy's Eddie fighting Spider-man. Wasn't that supposed to be what people cared in the first place?
I think they missed an opportunity non bringing back Bruce Campbell. It would have been cool to finally see him as Mysterio or John Malkovich as the vulture.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:16 AM   #1004
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No, the only Venom we'll ever see tangle with Spider-Man is the Hardy one. If Feige and Marvel had sole say, it'd be different.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:36 AM   #1005
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No, the only Venom we'll ever see tangle with Spider-Man is the Hardy one.
Sure, we will see Hardy's Venom, but not Hardy himself.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 01:53 AM   #1006
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Sure, we will see Hardy's Venom, but not Hardy himself.
We will. Guaranteed. There will be no MCU Venom that isn't Tom Hardy. Personally I would say that is unfortunate. But I don't see an alternative with Sony leaning over the fence.
Old 12-18-2021, 09:16 AM   #1007
AquaParade
Banned

They need to build Hardy up more first. I think they learned that in the knick of time and are now slowing their roll.

I don't think audiences are that vocal for Hardy meeting Holland. Some are sure, but it's more like Sony has been trying to tell us we want it. I do wonder if the switch in thought happened between the Venom 2 post-credit scene and this movie. Cause it feels a little like a reversal.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:55 AM   #1008
Shark_Blade
Emperor

People are calling for Andrew Garfield Spidey vs Tom Hardy Venom on social media.
There’s also suggestion for Andrew Spidey to mentor Miles Morales
https://twitter.com/sarcasticdanish/...880006656?s=21

https://twitter.com/tasmfelicia/stat...316496898?s=21

https://twitter.com/sarcasticdanish/...456814595?s=21
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 10:03 AM   #1009
AquaParade
Banned

Andrew deserves better than that. He probably only agreed to this because Marvel was heavily involved.

Oddly, it feels like his story has wrapped up best of the three, as of No Way Home. I won’t complain if he comes back for something, but I’m not interested in seeing him get stuck with the Sony verse again. Rather just see him in Secret Wars or something.

I’d like to see another Tobey story but probably not how most people want to see it. Raimi back, yes, but you need to take it to a new level and doing that would be a delicate process. As much as I love the original trilogy, I don’t think you just go back to that formula. And if it’s a story about an older Peter Parker, you need a good hook. I don’t want to just see Dark Knight Returns - Spider-Man.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:36 AM   #1010
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
If you’re wondering whether the Omicron variant is slowing down this weekend’s box office, the answer is ‘No’.

Sony/Marvel’s Spider-Man: No Way Home charted the second best opening day in the history of the domestic box office with $121.5M (including $50M previews) after Avengers: Endgame ($157.4M) and ahead of Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($119.1M). That’s also the highest opening day ever for the month of December.

This now puts the Jon Watts directed Tom Holland-Zendaya-Benedict Cumberbatch and all-star Spidey villain movie at an estimated $242M–$247.5M+ over three days, which would make it the fourth highest U.S./Canada opening of all-time behind Avengers: Endgame ($357.1M), Avengers: Infinity War ($257.7M), and Star Wars: Force Awakens ($247.96M). The expectation is that Saturday eases 40% from Friday+preview’s haul, however, in most cases when we have a box office beast this big, it only gets bigger.

Some see Spider-Man: No Way Home‘s weekend beating Force Awakens’ 3-day. Spider-Man: No Way Home also gets a huge hug from moviegoers with an A+ CinemaScore; the best grade ever for a live-action Spider-Man, and the second A+ for the Sony/Marvel franchise after the Oscar-winning animation movie, 2018’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse.
https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-...ly-1234898486/
Old 12-18-2021, 10:38 AM   #1011
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
https://deadline.com/2021/12/spider-...ly-1234898486/

If you’re wondering whether the Omicron variant is slowing down this weekend’s box office, the answer is ‘No’.
So why didn't the virus slow down sales and theater goers for this movie, but it slowed it down for woke $#!( movies such as Black Widow, Eternals and others?

Liberal mouth-breathers will tell you that it must be because literally more than half of the theater goer country is either sexist or racists.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:56 AM   #1012
neatoman
Emperor

My god! Not even Lrrr, Ruler of Omicron Persei 8, could stop this movie!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 12:50 PM   #1013
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
My god! Not even Lrrr, Ruler of Omicron Persei 8, could stop this movie!

Spider-Man is the anti-virus.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 07:35 PM   #1014
Warhorse
Emperor

Heh, who would have thought. If a studio actually makes a movie for the real fans that made the property popular to begin with, the real fans will actually come. It's really not that complicated of a strategy, just too bad these CEO's who make millions a year can't seem to put two and two together.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 08:46 PM   #1015
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Would this movie be as good if it didn't have Tobey returning? I feel if he wasn't in it people would be complaining that he wasn't in it. Even if the movie was exactly the same.

I feel kinda how the sonic movie would've gotten bad reviews if the cg had been the original horrible one even if the movie had been exactly the same.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 07:33 AM   #1016
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Would this movie be as good if it didn't have Tobey returning? I feel if he wasn't in it people would be complaining that he wasn't in it. Even if the movie was exactly the same.

I feel kinda how the sonic movie would've gotten bad reviews if the cg had been the original horrible one even if the movie had been exactly the same.
"As good" is subjective but it wouldn't have exactly the same heights of reception. In fact, given the plot, it'd inevitably feel like a gaping missed opportunity, by most fans, were Tobey not in the film, while all his greatest enemies and Andrew Garfield are.

I'd say he's integral to the level of success the film is receiving, but he isn't doing it alone by any stretch.
Old 12-19-2021, 10:36 AM   #1017
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

All I can say is thank you God for allowing Sony and Marvel to work things out for this movie to be made! We all would’ve been left on a major cliffhanger and not see an epic superhero masterpiece like this one! I loved this film from beginning to end and the IMAX screen really made a difference. I was fully invested in the story and the characters both the heroes and the villains.

Spoiler:
The crowd went crazy during Tobey and Andrew’s appearances. Both of them really haven’t lost their touch at all after their hiatuses. I loved their chemistry with Tom as well. Both of them also got some much needed closure, but I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they did come back. I did shed some tears during Aunt May’s death. Her death was never going to be undone like One More Day though because those behind the MCU saw what that lead to. While it’s sad that MJ, Happy, and Ned have now forgotten eve they went through together, it was for the best. Perhaps someday Peter will make just as strong of relationships with them in this new post-spell-casting world like he did in the previous one.

Also, look at how well the film is doing here all over the world despite fears of the Omicron variant.

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Swinging To 3rd Best Domestic Opening Ever With $253M+ Overtaking ‘Force Awakens’; Is ‘Infinity War’ Next? – Sunday AM Update

‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Is Amazing With $587M+ Global Bow, Snares 3rd Biggest All-Time WW Debut & Sony’s Best Ever – International Box Office
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 05:33 PM   #1018
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
We will. Guaranteed. There will be no MCU Venom that isn't Tom Hardy. Personally I would say that is unfortunate. But I don't see an alternative with Sony leaning over the fence.
No, we won't....
Spoiler:
In a post-credits scene, Eddie/Venom is in the MCU, learning about this new universe, and contemplating how to protect it, when Strange's spell snaps Eddie and his symbiote back to his universe. But he left a small piece of venom behind in the mcu, who will merge with someone in the mcu to become it's venom. I don't think they would go through all the trouble of setting up a distinctly separate mcu venom, if they were just going to bring Eddie back from the sony-verse to the mcu again

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.

Last edited by Panda_Kahn_fan; 12-19-2021 at 05:43 PM.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2021, 06:04 PM   #1019
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
No, we won't....
Spoiler:
In a post-credits scene, Eddie/Venom is in the MCU, learning about this new universe, and contemplating how to protect it, when Strange's spell snaps Eddie and his symbiote back to his universe. But he left a small piece of venom behind in the mcu, who will merge with someone in the mcu to become it's venom. I don't think they would go through all the trouble of setting up a distinctly separate mcu venom, if they were just going to bring Eddie back from the sony-verse to the mcu again
No, guaranteed Sony wouldn't let Marvel have their own Venom while they're trying to push their own. It would be a lose lose situation for Sony and they're holding all the cards.

The leftover piece of Venom will go to Parker for a while, to be reclaimed by the Hardy Venom.

Now, I AM confused at how this shuffling about of universes is supposed to settle. I think this is still to be continued and settled once and for all in Doctor Strange 2. No matter what, we have to end up with a universe where Venom, Morbius, Spider-Man and Vulture, Scorpion, etc. all coexist. We know that. Right now it's not that.

I kind of wonder if "No Way Home" was originally designed to explain the Tom Holland leaving the MCU and then at some point they quietly agreed to keep him in it on a TBD basis.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-20-2021 at 12:20 AM.
Old 12-20-2021, 03:38 AM   #1020
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
No, guaranteed Sony wouldn't let Marvel have their own Venom while they're trying to push their own. It would be a lose lose situation for Sony and they're holding all the cards.
Marvel might not even use the symbiote as Venom specifically in a Holland film, it might become Knull, the king in black.