The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 12-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Michigan high school massacre

Yesterday, Tuesday 30 November 2021, three students were killed and at least eight people were injuried after being shot during a high school massacre in Michigan. A 15 years old boy is suspected.

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news...d29fe2c8b54249
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:13 PM   #2
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Used a handgun and not a scary black rifle so you won't hear about it much. Doesn't fit the narrative.

Have they revealed the killer's race? That they haven't yet makes me think it might be black. If not, then get ready for more "white supremacy" talk.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:43 PM   #3
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

https://nypost.com/2021/12/01/michig...than-crumbley/
15 year old white kid.

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #4
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Heard about it plenty enough when I got home last night and this morning, so I don't know about that old "doesn't fit the narrative" shtick.

Also heard that daddy just bought him the gun last Friday. Oh yeah, his father must be feeling super great right now.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:03 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Heard about it plenty enough when I got home last night and this morning, so I don't know about that old "doesn't fit the narrative" shtick.
Oh, well let me explain. If there's a shooting... they'll report all about it (well, maybe while obfuscating certain details for the duration) for 2 or 3 days... then it's gone/onto the next thing. If there's a shooting and there's a rifle involved, now it's weeks and weeks of coverage about why there needs to be (more) gun control, etc.. We know this is what happens because this is always what happens.

Nowadays? Since it's a white kid and there will be stories coming out about how the dad was super irresponsible, white supremacy, etc., but not a whole lot of talk about gun control. Is my guess. So it's not that it doesn't fit the narrative, necessarily, it's that they need a little time to figure out what the narrative will be. In this case.
Old 12-01-2021, 03:05 PM   #6
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Also heard that daddy just bought him the gun last Friday. Oh yeah, his father must be feeling super great right now.
Yep, the Post article has pictures of him posting he new gun on Instagram

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:25 PM   #7
frank_one
Mad Scientist

[random "you Americans and your crazy obsession with guns" post from a peaceful and unarmed European dude]
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:22 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
[random "you Americans and your crazy obsession with guns" post from a peaceful and unarmed European dude]
Yeah. Eh Don't go there, brother.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 06:58 PM   #9
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Stay in Europe easy pickings... we'll fight for our freedoms here.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 07:00 PM   #10
mrmaczaps
Banned

Best part about this case, is once again, the school was made aware the kid had issues & apparently made some threats and guess what they did? Nothing. The Left LOVES dead children. Preborn & the born ones. You can have my guns when you pry them from my cold dead hands. The black supremacist in the suv killed more than this kid. Just the change of topic needed for the lunatic left. Congrats. 6
Old 12-02-2021, 01:25 PM   #11
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Considering the details coming out now about troubling behavior in school, etc. it's dumbfounding that his father thought it just fine to get him a gun. Or let him anywhere near one. WT-actual-F.

I know no parent ever wants to dream that their child would ever have it in them to do such a thing and it may be temping to ignore any red flags, but come on. If they end up charged too, oh well, they likely deserve it if they ignored and neglected his mental health and enabled the deaths of other people's kids.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:49 PM   #12
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Obviously I'm a big gun advocate but while I certainly wouldn't see anything wrong with a parent showing a 15 year-old how to handle a firearm, even letting them shoot one in the woods or at the range... just saying, "Here's your pistol" and gifting them a handgun... no, that's screwed up. Especially a troubled kid in an age where white youths are being told everyday they're worthless and probably racist by the media and their teachers.
Old 12-02-2021, 01:53 PM   #13
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Obviously I'm a big gun advocate but while I certainly wouldn't see anything wrong with a parent showing a 15 year-old how to handle a firearm, even letting them shoot one in the woods or at the range... just saying, "Here's your pistol" and gifting them a handgun... no, that's screwed up. Especially a troubled kid in an age where white youths are being told everyday they're worthless and probably racist.
On that note, isn't it strange how in other threads, the thread liberals will go on to excuse the crime by virtue of RAAAASSSSSS-Cism! or some other bent excuse, but here in a case like this no one will acknowledge the abuse this kid endured that made his cracked headmath pop into taking this action?

Now, I don't think that observation excuses the kid's actions - I have more intricate thoughts about the realities of that. But as usual I'm pointing out the hypocrisy and bull $#!( from this group's observers.
Old 12-02-2021, 02:02 PM   #14
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
On that note, isn't it strange how in other threads, the thread liberals will go on to excuse the crime by virtue of RAAAASSSSSS-Cism! or some other bent excuse, but here in a case like this no one will acknowledge the abuse this kid endured that made his cracked headmath pop into taking this action?
I could be way off base but I think on some level there might be kind of an unspoken understanding by the leftist media: "Yo yo yo, people right of center... look, we'll make you a deal. You don't give us too much crap about our ignoring the... vehicle that ran over a bunch of people last week, and in return we won't make a big deal about this school shooting. We won't talk about white supremacy or gun control, this time around. You get a freebie."

Because their hands are a little tied, I think. As soon as they go, "See?!?! White supremacy in action!" about the school shooting, anyone could very easily go, "This is, but the black guy who TOLD us he was into black supremacy before running over a bunch of white people and children isn't? And number two, I notice you're not talking about it at all anymore?" And the black racist guy killed even MORE people than this school shooter did. It's too recent in the rearview of the school shooting for the school shooting to be viable for their usual narratives. They'll probably keep it in their pocket for two or three years and dust it off to lump it in with other shootings to help some terrible "common sense" cause along.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 12-02-2021 at 02:11 PM.
Old 12-02-2021, 03:39 PM   #15
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Stay in Europe easy pickings... we'll fight for our freedoms here.
Three poor young students were killed. Weird way to fight for your freedom. Teenagers shouldn't have access to guns, never. They are not ready.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 03:53 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Three poor young students were killed.
Sadly a 4th died of his injuries yesterday.
Old 12-02-2021, 04:02 PM   #17
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Three poor young students were killed. Weird way to fight for your freedom. Teenagers shouldn't have access to guns, never. They are not ready.
"Teenagers" should be taught respect for guns, not fear of them or to treat them as some sort of godly takers of life that will get their point across. Add Shooting to PE and let them learn to use the tool.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2021, 05:24 PM   #18
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I've been around guns for 40 years, been bullied but still never shot anyone. The problem is not ours. Its liberals telling little white kids they're racist @ssholes simply for being white. Go pound sand.
Old 12-02-2021, 05:26 PM   #19
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I mean, it's true. You go back a few decades... there was literally gun clubs in junior high/high school in which you would fire guns and learn about gun safety. Even girls would join. Guess how many school shootings back then? Zero.
Old 12-02-2021, 07:00 PM   #20
IMJ
Emperor

I think the real problem as a catalyst for this issue is synergistic and combines some of the things said in this thread along with greater cultural issues that become distilled down to an individual level. Things like feelings of being trapped, or short sightedness that isn't tempered or met with the correlated wisdom from family, etc. Combine even just those two things with a relentlessly punishing peer group and you should be able to imagine the outcome. Things that certainly aren't going to be resolved or even appropriately identified by any singular position here.

I mean, look at this place as a marker of the entire paradigm..... the bull $#!( that's whipped around, people talking at people, other people literally making the most simple-minded of correlations and then standing by them as if they are religion, groups who can't be put in check because they bug up for low-self-esteem, people who can't be even talked to with intelligent backing because they resent the wisdom they don't have, and other guys literally driving conversation intentionally towards posters he/she would want to hear from in a synthetic online effort to disregard others (the online equivalent of standing around in a group and being the socially stunted f#$% who intentionally never looks AT someone they don't like in the same cohort)

Take much of the T-Drome's current posting cohort which is a reflection of the environments those kids are in. But now amplify it through childhood and in a school environment as if we were all face-to-face. And that's probably closer to the environment that fool kid with the gun was in. Except that gun-kid, rather than being a singular voice of reason and speaking through it, or standing his ground,; was instead more like-minded to the people picking on him and so brought a gun over experiences and fortitude to check the masses and would-be-relentless-bottom-feeders around him.

Again, the kid who did the shooting was a villain for sure. Absolutely a villain. But being the villain in action doesn't always yield the reasons for his villany. The truth is that it's the truly rotten evil people in society who catalyze these shooter-kids who might not have committed any such action otherwise in their lives.

And I CAN'T WAIT for the few Dromers to pour in who miss or disregard the nuance of what I've illustrated here specifically to combat what I've said in favor of their own bull $#!(. Please. Bring it.

Last edited by IMJ; 12-02-2021 at 07:14 PM.