The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #1
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Is anybody else PUMPED for the new Evil Dead

I know i am. The red band trailer is gory as hell and the best part....It's entirely practical, NO CGI WHATSOEVER. The film also has the approval of Sam Raimi (the director or the first 3) Bruce Campell gave it a thumbs up and might make a cameo And the film seems to be getting rave reviews with a 76% on Rotten Tomatoes. Sounds like we have a winner on our hands.
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite

I really want to see it! I love horror movie's and this one looks really creepy.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 AM   #3
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist

No. I'm a diehard fan of the original trilogy and I was excited when i heard that the series was being "resurrected" (forgive the pun). But after finding out its a remake and after watching the preview and the comicon panel I really just don't care about it anymore. What I love about the series, especially the 2nd installment, is their ability to combine insanely over the top gore with well timed comedy and great one-liners. Plus Ash is a dick, and yet he's and endearing dick that you want to see succeed. This remake looks like its aiming at gross out gore with absolutely no humor. Hell, the preview makes it look like SAW in the woods... And where did you hear that there wasn't any cgi? that scene where female Ash splits here tongue open is not a practical effect.

However I will say this, during the comicon panel Bruce Campell asks the audience if they want an Evil Dead 4. The crowd goes wild and Bruce says its coming. Now that could have just been a spur of the moment BS line, but a movie picking up with Ash stranded in an apocalyptic future (the deleted ending to the 3rd movie that both Cambell and Raimi admit they preferred) is the Evil Dead movie that I'd pay to see.

I dont know if you can tell, but i find the majority of remakes to be very "Un-Groovy".

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreddhead View Post
No. I'm a diehard fan of the original trilogy and I was excited when i heard that the series was being "resurrected" (forgive the pun). But after finding out its a remake and after watching the preview and the comicon panel I really just don't care about it anymore. What I love about the series, especially the 2nd installment, is their ability to combine insanely over the top gore with well timed comedy and great one-liners. Plus Ash is a dick, and yet he's and endearing dick that you want to see succeed. This remake looks like its aiming at gross out gore with absolutely no humor. Hell, the preview makes it look like SAW in the woods... And where did you hear that there wasn't any cgi? that scene where female Ash splits here tongue open is not a practical effect.

However I will say this, during the comicon panel Bruce Campell asks the audience if they want an Evil Dead 4. The crowd goes wild and Bruce says its coming. Now that could have just been a spur of the moment BS line, but a movie picking up with Ash stranded in an apocalyptic future (the deleted ending to the 3rd movie that both Cambell and Raimi admit they preferred) is the Evil Dead movie that I'd pay to see.
Ah well can't please everybody.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #5
JakeSully
Banned

Sometimes a good horror remake is hard to find, there can be a a gem and sometimes there are a dozen misfires only to tarnish the legacy of the original.

So moviefone has made this unique article on how to do a good successful horror remake:
http://http://blog.moviefone.com/201...horror-remake/

Does anyone agree with the rules, worst culprits and best examples? i hope ED falls into one of these rules.
JakeSully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #6
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

I am looking forward to another remake of the Evil Dead
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action

Doubt I'll ever watch it. I despise straight horror, and ED1 was always the one installment in the trillogy that I can't stand. No Ash?? No thanks.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:43 PM   #8
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I like the trailer and no CGI you say? I bet it will be good.

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:45 PM   #9
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
Doubt I'll ever watch it. I despise straight horror, and ED1 was always the one installment in the trillogy that I can't stand. No Ash?? No thanks.
Bruce Campell made the decision to not put Ash in the new movie. your Argument is INVALID.

Tags
movies