The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 04-15-2018, 02:50 PM   #8101
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Maybe you know someone who'd be open to taking him in? (And then at least you can then visit him when you're in the area.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #8102
Vegita-San
Emperor

supposedly dogs have long memories... he might remember you and be ahpppy to be back.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #8103
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I hate when an article or other item read online doesn't have a comment section when you really want to comment...
Old 04-18-2018, 03:29 PM   #8104
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

He's always super happy to see me whenever I do happen to see him. But the issue is I can't take him. I might be able to ask my folks but that's a big maybe. They already have a dog who's super prone to jealousy.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 12:20 PM   #8105
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Not really a grind, but just sad to say goodbye today to people I've worked with for the past 2 1/2 years, as well as to the building itself. Hopefully it won't sit empty too long.

Now to try to figure out where I end up next...
Old 04-20-2018, 06:24 AM   #8106
Vegita-San
Emperor

I really hate change. especially when it feels like sales department meddling. ugh.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:11 PM   #8107
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

It sucks that Netflix automatically skips the intros to shows when you watch episodes back to back. The only good part of Jessica Jones is the theme song.
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #8108
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wouldn't it be easier then to just look up the theme song on YouTube and skip the show all together?

Old 04-24-2018, 03:47 AM   #8109
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Gear grinds- hot flashes at 4am and finding s*#t-mail in your inbox. Needless to say, dealing with pests on multiple fronts at the moment.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 05:46 PM   #8110
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

New grind- babysitting coworkers who do absolutely NOTHING unless told to. Or who don't do basic tasks even when asked SEVERAL times, so that you end up doing it yourself.

Old 04-28-2018, 12:57 PM   #8111
Vegita-San
Emperor

All the stuff that gave me trouble the first time around in SS, I got done easily in hero mode. Mine Cart Race, First try. Pumpkin throw, tries in half. but the damn 4 battle royal for the last heart piece is proving impossible. they keep giving me third stage grihiam, who I find impossible at the last 'giant sword' stage.

ugh.

Old 04-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #8112
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Needing to get two garment racks that I saved from work down into the basement where we want to use them. Had tried fighting with one recently, but they're just too long and get caught. If I can get the hex bolts out then maybe taking the bottom piece off would allow it to have enough wiggle room. I'd tried last time to remove a couple of those bolts, but after getting the other pair off today, which were no problem, I realize the other two I previously tried are apparently stripped.

Second garment rack... Looks almost identical, but it's built slightly differently and has its pairs of screws underneath it instead. Thought maybe this one would be easier. Turned the darn thing over in the kitchen and no... whoever made them spot welded between the damn screws. Omg wtf. Why did it need to be THAT permanent?

With enough use, a wheel, the part that actually puts up with a lot, could eventually unscrew itself, but god forbid the metal frame be able to be taken apart slightly.

Hopefully my brother-in-law, who is used to working on car stuff and all the nonsense that goes on there, should be able to help out with that... Even if the bolts have to be broken and replaced later.

Also, these stupid stupid spring temps. Really want to get some of these potted plants back outside, they've stuggled indoors plenty long anough and longer than usual, but no... Sunday night is supposed to be in the 30s again. COME ON! And then two days later the afternoons are supposed to be in the low 80s for three days. Grr. Nature, MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 04-28-2018 at 02:27 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 12:19 PM   #8113
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why does a neat site that could be a fun hobby and possibly a source of a few extra dollars have to go and unnecessarily complicate itself with ridiculously and absurdly tedious settings and whatnot?? I'm looking at you, Shapeways... wtf.

Maybe other objects aren't such an issue, but forget playing with making rings unless you want to lose your god damned mind on the settings page for each one. Quite frustrating that even just a few basic, obvious changes to the functionality of the page would help a great deal and yet, there it sits, in all its frustration...

I'm hoping I've only just come into it while they're in the middle of actually improving it.

To continue...
Spoiler:
From what I'd gotten the gist of, previously people were stuck making a separate file/listing for each and every size ring, one at a time... So if you made 5 rings, and wanted to, say, include sizes 5 to 10 for each ring plus half sizes (because why wouldn't you include multiple ring sizes??) you'd end up making what, 55 individual files and listings one at a time just for those five rings and end up with a very messy looking shop page. (I mean, have fun if you wanted to make MORE or other items to throw into that mess!)

Add in the fact that it doesn't look like you can create any categories/pages in the shops to try to make it look less messy, and don't see an option for more than one shop to try to help break it up. (They REALLY need to take a few cues CafePress, Zazzle, etc.)

After spending HOURS making a bunch of ring designs and trial and erroring my way through figuring out how the 'app' I was using works best, I moved on to the settings pages for them in the shop... which alone could take DAYS.

It seems they found a solution for including additional ring sizes per item listing (yay!) However... >.> It could not have possibly just been an option to select and include. No. That would be too easy.

Instead, you have to one at a time choose yourself each size you want to include. AND. Oh, and you want to leave possible sales as wide open as you can by including many different material options? Well then. Have fun pricing each and every god damned size and material combination individually.

Size 5 in the blue plastic - price
Size 5.5 in the blue plastic - price
Size 6 in the blue plastic - price
...and so on...

Size 5 in the black plastic - price
Size 5.5 in the black plastic - price
Size 6 in the black plastic - price
...and so on...

Size 5 in the raw silver - price
Size 5.5 in the raw silver - price
Size 6 in the raw silver - price
...and so on...

And the many other color/material options you might want to include...

And that's just ONE setting page for ONE ring. I so far have created 15; and gotten into the settings for only four. [uncontrollable sobbing]

I wanted to offer them in BOTH the cheap, affordable plastics and the less expensive metals. But the settings page got so bogged down with a list of every size/material combination (plus a few other long list of options it generates in the process) that I had to delete the first ring listing because the page had become SO slow that I could hardly do anything.

So then... I had to re-upload it and make a listing just for plastics. (Will make a separate listing for metals - but hello messy shop page. ) Which alone is STILL ridiculous to tackle. And just not seeing any shortcuts...

I won't even start on the printability issues as per various materials that may or may not work despite the fact that it doesn't stop you from including it if it won't... There is a page to look at for any issues for an item up loaded, but the info is so minimal and some viewer thing won't load for me, so I'm not really understanding that part yet.

I'm just disappointed that something that should otherwise be fun is complicated to the point that it becomes much less so and possibly wasted many hours of effort instead. As a company, you would think it would be in their own best interest to make it as simple and quick as possible to help users generate as many sales as possible and simplify the shops for customers. Creating the designs should be the long part... not setting up shop.

EDIT:

I think I just realized something... They didn't truly add more ring size options, they just added it as feature so it would show up in a drop down box for the customer on a single page. THAT'S IT. It doesn't adjust the size. The user STILL has to create every single file for every single ring size to attach to every single size they include...for every single ring.

OMFG.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-06-2018 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-06-2018, 07:46 PM   #8114
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Ugh, sounds like a mightmare. Sorry you are having to deal with that. My own personal grind atm is radicating the remnants of our little buggy baddies. The bedroom seems clear, but the sofa was seeing a resurgance recently. Hopefully that will soon be over.

Old 05-07-2018, 01:11 AM   #8115
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, not so much a have to, more just chosen torture... lol Once again I'm up far later than intended because I've been fighting with it, despite it being frustrating. Not a challenge I can give up on easily I guess and want so bad to manage to do something with it...even if I did end up having to delete everything and start over.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:37 AM   #8116
Vegita-San
Emperor

when u have a dream about an imaginary argument and it's so real you wake up angry.

Old 05-08-2018, 02:58 PM   #8117
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Mom: Being her usual self thinking she should try to tell me how to do a thing.

In this case, telling me I need a shelf way up there on the wall to display my small sword on - ignoring the fact that maybe the table I have it on it where I WANT it. And why? Because of my nephew who is still less than two and does not go into the room where it is, nor do I want him in there until he's old enough to listen to being told not to touch things.

But clearly I should have to conform my life around a kid who doesn't even enter that room nor live in this house; albeit he lives in the new back addition, but still kind of a separate place. (How about his caretakers actually keeping an eye on him instead and not let him *%#$ with people's stuff?)

Me: Points out the fact that the sword has a very snug scabbard (that even I have trouble removing) AND THERE IS ALREADY A KITCHEN DRAWER FULL OF LARGE SHARP KNIVES HE CAN EASILY GET INTO (but luckily so far has not). Correct use of the word or not be damned, that's some strong irony right there.

I've had a couple of those doorknob covers sitting around for about a year for when he's big enough to get good at doorknobs on his own... I'd rather that then let my sword get dusty, forgotten, and unkempt up on some shelf.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #8118
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

That nothing good lasts forever, because change is the only constant.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 04:37 PM   #8119
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

When you read job descriptions and they have to word it in such a way that you haven't a clue what you just read.

What the heck is an "Omnichannel associate"...? I shouldn't have to search the rest of the internet for answers. I'm thinking it has to do with online orders to some extent? But the job description includes so much default generalized retail associate nonsense that it's hard to figure out what that particular role even is.

Literally a different job position positing clued me in a tiny bit in terms of its role in support of the Omnichannel role.

Or for another position (edit: the other one just mentioned which has its own ad flaws), how about...
Quote:
The Operations Associate’s role is to create an outstanding customer experience by performing operations functions within the store.
Because that wasn't vague or anything. Maybe they should hire me to write better job postings.

edit: So I applied for it (Omnichannel associate) and still not entirely sure what the hell I just applied for. >.< I do think it's mostly the online order stuff which would be totally fine. Either I might stumble into something do-able and a little different than the typical floor stuff or it won't turn into anything... Whichever. It still satisfied the UI requirement for the week and I've got the other in person interview on Monday to think about.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 05-11-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:36 AM   #8120
Vegita-San
Emperor

Is there any greater insult than being compared to cube?

I can't really think of one at the moment.