The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-02-2014, 02:12 PM   #241
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They became comedy relief the moment Season 2 began. By Season 3 they were entirely comic relief.
They were comic relief the moment they appeared on screen. A classic case of great design let down by awful characterization (like most of the '87 toon).
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #242
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leofan26 View Post
What are you guy's hoping for from these guy's? Comical or more serious? I'm hoping they are serious this season, it won't match right. Shredder is serious this series compared to the Shredder of the 80s series, can you imagine how that'd workXD
I'd like them to be mostly serious with a little comic relief.
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:53 AM   #243
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MST3KFan View Post
I'm hoping they're kind of like how the IDW comics have them. Comical, but still very much a threat. I mean the IDW versions take bullets like it was nothing to them.
Exactly. They were still the lovable dumbasses from before but this time so powerful it was hardly a disadvantage. The turtles did absolutely NOTHING to them when they first fought.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #244
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Here is Bebop's Human form, Took a little screen capture from the clip.

Old 06-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #245
Shiro Kame
Foot Clan Mutant Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here is Bebop's Human form, Took a little screen capture from the clip.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2le6y6r.jpg
He looks like an African American Tron rip off.

Shiro Kame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:37 AM   #246
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiro Kame View Post
He looks like an African American Tron rip off.
At least they got the African American and Mohawk parts right, But I have a feeling that suit is made of Kraang tech.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:22 PM   #247
CyberCubed
Overlord

I knew Ciro would keep Bebop's iconic design. He's black with shades and a purple Mohawk, that's all you need.

I remember laughing at the ridiculous claim that Fon or those Purple dragon losers would become the iconic Bebop and Rocksteady. Shows those people don't know how important the human designs are to Bebop and Rocksteady.

I can't wait to see what human Rocksteady looks like.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #248
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
I can't wait to see what human Rocksteady looks like.
Yup, hopefully Rocksteady shows up this episode.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 01:31 PM   #249
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
I knew Ciro would keep Bebop's iconic design.
No you didn't. You were literally the only person complaining and whining about how you hoped Bebop wouldn't be a white man, even though there was no evidence that wasn't even going to happen.

You really should learn to put more faith in the Ciro and the rest of the crew.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:41 PM   #250
NoName999
Foot Soldier

This show seems to be confused.

Why bother giving good human designs destined to become mutants?

Waste of good design, imo
Old 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #251
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I hope they'll be serious with a bit of comedy thrown in. I have faith that the writers know what they're doing and will treat both characters well.

And don't hate on the people who thought they would be Fong and Sid. Even I thought that at first, but at least Bebop's black, so you don't have to throw a b*tch fit anymore, Cubed.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 04:17 PM   #252
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

This show is getting to many mutants, as much as I like Bebop and Rocksteady.
They really should focus on the characters they have now.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #253
CyberCubed
Overlord

I just realized something, this will be the first time Bebop is actually voiced by a black actor. In the original toon Barry Gordon, who played Donatello, was also Bebop's VA. So we had a white man play Bebop in the original toon, probably why Bebop rarely sounded black.

But just from watching that preview clip, Nick's Bebop has a great voice and he sounds like he looks.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:30 PM   #254
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

One thing I'm wondering about...is Shredder really going to keep Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, Baxter, Bebop AND Rocksteady all in his lair? Maybe Bradford and Xever will be getting the boot soon.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:33 PM   #255
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
One thing I'm wondering about...is Shredder really going to keep Tiger Claw, Rahzar, Fishface, Baxter, Bebop AND Rocksteady all in his lair? Maybe Bradford and Xever will be getting the boot soon.
Fishface has already been feeling rather pointless lately. Did he have any big role in Season 2 at all? Ever since Bradford mutated into Rahzar it seemed like Fishface became comic relief.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:41 PM   #256
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Do we know for sure that Bebop & Rocksteady will be working for Shredder? Bebop goes from stealing his helmet to being his henchman? I wonder if people are only assuming that because that's how it was in the OT.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #257
Stugehen
Foot Soldier

Quote:
They should take the IDW route and establish separate mutant faction. In addition to the mutants above you've got Mutagen Man, Snakeweed, Spider Bytez, The Rat King, Spy-Roach, Newtralizer, Pizza Face, Pete the Pigeon, Monkey Brains, Sir Malachi....and I'm sure I've missed some.

It would be nice to group some of these into a faction...led by the Ice Cream Kitty. Admit it. You'd watch that.
Old 06-13-2014, 06:52 PM   #258
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
I do agree, Fishface has been unimportant lately and partially comic relief (even Shredder considered him useless when he pushed him out of the way in WormQuake). I definitely do think he's going to keep Tiger Claw as he is the strongest mutant on their team and Rahzar as he appeared to Shredder's 2nd hand man in "The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman". Fishface might be getting the boot, but it seems pointless to do that when he just received a new weapon.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:02 PM   #259
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
That is what I have been wondering too for a while. Where is he going to keep all of these people? How is he going to house them all? They all need to eat and have a place to sleep (and to be honest here) they have to use the um, facilities. (Plus as Mikey aptly pointed out, those hairy menfolk in Shredder's lair stink too, since they likely aren't showering enough.) How many guys will he keep adding? Surely there has to be a limit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28 View Post
I do agree, Fishface has been unimportant lately and partially comic relief (even Shredder considered him useless when he pushed him out of the way in WormQuake). I definitely do think he's going to keep Tiger Claw as he is the strongest mutant on their team and Rahzar as he appeared to Shredder's 2nd hand man in "The Lonely Mutation of Baxter Stockman". Fishface might be getting the boot, but it seems pointless to do that when he just received a new weapon.
Maybe they'll demutate him? It would be a way to 'put him on a bus' or even make him a very loose ally of the Turtles if Donnie offers to help him. I don't think he'd want to spend the rest of his life as a fish mutant.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #260
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
That is what I have been wondering too for a while. Where is he going to keep all of these people? How is he going to house them all? They all need to eat and have a place to sleep (and to be honest here) they have to use the um, facilities. (Plus as Mikey aptly pointed out, those hairy menfolk in Shredder's lair stink too, since they likely aren't showering enough.) How many guys will he keep adding? Surely there has to be a limit.
I now have this hilarious mental image of Shredder's mutants being a bunch of slackers, fighting over who gets the top bunk, lounging around on the couch in their boxer shorts, arguing over action movies and Shredder getting ticked off with supporting them all. You just know that none of them are paying rent.

Quote:
Fishface has already been feeling rather pointless lately. Did he have any big role in Season 2 at all? Ever since Bradford mutated into Rahzar it seemed like Fishface became comic relief.
I really like Fishface/Xever - I do feel that he's been underutilized this season, so I hope that they give him some more screentime. I enjoyed what we got to learn about him in Baxter's Gambit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugehen View Post
It would be nice to group some of these into a faction...led by the Ice Cream Kitty. Admit it. You'd watch that.
I would watch the hell out of that!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady