The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 02-03-2020, 01:25 PM   #641
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonesyKitty View Post
The Bebop is pretty cool but I'd rather have the Neca Bebop and Rocksteady. The only one I actually WANT is that shirtless Shredder. Not a fan of the second head, the skin tone painted over it just looks wrong. It doesn't translate well even if it's how the original was.

How long do they leave pre-orders open for these and do you have to pay upfront or when the ship? I think I might order him when I get paid next if I have the funds after bills. $45 is alot for a single figure though.

Edit: just read that pre-orders are open until March 2nd.
You thankfully do not need to pay until the order ships. I think I'm probably going to preorder a number of these and then cancel them if I don't like Wave 1 when I've got it in-hand.

These all look great, especially Bebop and Shredder. I can't help but think Mutagen Man looks way too close to the original figure though. I'm not sure they've added much value there.
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:32 PM   #642
JonesyKitty
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey see View Post
You thankfully do not need to pay until the order ships. I think I'm probably going to preorder a number of these and then cancel them if I don't like Wave 1 when I've got it in-hand.

These all look great, especially Bebop and Shredder. I can't help but think Mutagen Man looks way too close to the original figure though. I'm not sure they've added much value there.
Awesome, thank you for the info! In that case I think I will be ordering Shredder. I think I am only going to collect the ones I absolutely love. My display space is pretty small at the moment and I really only put out the Neca stuff but I think this guy would look pretty sweet on my shelf.
JonesyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:38 PM   #643
italianice388
Stone Warrior

oh my god these look amazing. so glad they're doing weird ones with mutagen man. really hope this line has a long life, and we see more weird ones!
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #644
Otter
Stone Warrior

Nothing in this wave for me.

Given I'm cherry picking across three Turtles lines, as well as several other lines, I guess that's a good thing.
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #645
teemu
Stone Warrior

2nd Quarter 2021 release is ridiculous! I am not giving Super7 my money a whole plus year in advanced
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #646
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:

Super7 charges you immediately
Old 02-03-2020, 01:45 PM   #647
mikey see
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Super7 charges you immediately
Which is why you shouldn't order from Super7.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...g&utm_content=
mikey see is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:01 PM   #648
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Which is why you shouldn't order from Super7.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Searc...g&utm_content=
You didn't say BBTS before but fully aware of that
Old 02-03-2020, 02:07 PM   #649
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Shredder eyebrows head is stupid.
Really, really, really stupid.
Mutagen Man? Uhh, ok, whatever.
This just reinforces for me that I loved the original toys exactly as they were, and I have them, so I do not need any of these.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:11 PM   #650
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
2nd Quarter 2021 release is ridiculous! I am not giving Super7 my money a whole plus year in advanced
Huh... I totally missed the projected release date. I guess I'll be waiting a LONG time for Usagi.
Old 02-03-2020, 02:25 PM   #651
ProdUK
Thug

Not completely sold on this wave compared to the 1st. Maybe it’s the pictures but I think they look kinda cheap looking. I get what they are doing with that alternative shredder head but I personally think it’s a waste of a head sculpt.
Hopefully they look better in the flesh at Toy fair.
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:34 PM   #652
useasneeded4pain
Foot Soldier

LOL @ Spring 2021 release date. 4 figures a year, oh boy!
useasneeded4pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:37 PM   #653
italianice388
Stone Warrior

agreed - this line looks sick, but they need to speed it up! i'm all in on this wave, but i really want to see a full line of mutants, and i want it to happen in under 25 years lol
Old 02-03-2020, 02:46 PM   #654
ToSte
Hench Mutant

I uhhh... that Shredder head is... LMFAO

Anyway the surprise here for me is Mutagen Man. For some reason I expected them to stick to 88 and 89, at least at first, 1990 was the apex for me so I'm pretty stoked.

That release date is really shocking to me considering Brian Flynn just said a week ago, "it usually takes 6 months from order to delivery, as that is how long it takes to get the figures made." However, I'm no baller so my pocketbook will appreciate the slower pacing.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 02:48 PM   #655
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

HAHAHA, what is this for crap?

What's the point of making figures again which aren't even screenaccurate? I'm loving what NECA is doing, though it's taking them so long to release figures but still loving the fact that those are screenaccurate and really satisfying.

This line is rediculous, look how Leo is holding the Katana, Shredder's eyebrows are painted on the helmet, why is his torso naked and are his shoulderpads just putted IN his shoulders? LOL!!!! And that Mutagen Man is an exact copy to the original just a bit bigger. And the worst of all is....$45 a figure whatttttt?!

Honestly, who buys this is just weird imo, especially for that price.

Why can't they just make screen accurate figures and compete with NECA? Just boycot Flop7 and don't buy this people!

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 02-03-2020 at 02:54 PM.
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:12 PM   #656
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post

What's the point of making figures again which aren't even screenaccurate? I'm loving what NECA is doing, though it's taking them so long to release figures but still loving the fact that those are screenaccurate and really satisfying.

This line is rediculous, look how Leo is holding the Katana, Shredder's eyebrows are painted on the helmet, why is his torso naked and are his shoulderpads just putted IN his shoulders? LOL!!!! And that Mutagen Man is an exact copy to the original just a bit bigger. And the worst of all is....$45 a figure whatttttt?!

Why can't they just make screen accurate figures and compete with NECA? Just boycot Flop7 and don't buy this people!
The entire point of the line is to remake the Playmates originals. They're not supposed to be screen-accurate. You don't have to like it or want it, but this reaction is juvenile.
Old 02-03-2020, 03:22 PM   #657
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
The entire point of the line is to remake the Playmates originals. They're not supposed to be screen-accurate. You don't have to like it or want it, but this reaction is juvenile.
Word.

Variety is the spice of life and I'm a huge believer in the free market economy. It's not up to any company or individual to dictate what people are "supposed" to like or want; simply supply the product(s) and let the individual consumer decide for themselves what they will or won't buy. No reason to cast aspersions on others for what they choose to spend their money on.

These look fine for what they are. I'm not super-interested in them myself but I can see the appeal, especially for people who were huge fans of the original line; believe it or not, I know plenty of people who hold more nostalgic love for the toy line than they did the cartoon show, and if I had to guess I'd say that's the market they're going for. I'd be less inclined to buy them than I would the NECA ones, but if someone got them for me as a gift or I came across them at a time when I had some spare cash, I wouldn't be mad about it.

Ultimately, anyone can like or not like whatever they want, but it's nobody's business but the person spending the money.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #658
Lordmylar06
Stone Warrior

Quote:

You think your opinion is the most important. Cool. Those of us that actually like and want these are weird. *Whatever.*
Lordmylar06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 03:33 PM   #659
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:

in a lot of cases, the toys became before the show, and tbh they had a bigger impact on me as a kid than the show itself. a tribute to the toys makes a ton of sense. why are you so mad?
Old 02-03-2020, 03:38 PM   #660
Otter
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

Ultimately, anyone can like or not like whatever they want, but it's nobody's business but the person spending the money.
But they warrant being described as "weird" because of it? This is where the toxicity starts. But I appreciate you addressing your original post.