The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-28-2024, 11:57 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Fallout: the Amazon Prime TV show

I was seeing a lot of pretty much unanimous praise for this show so I checked it out. 3 episodes in so far and I won't say it's mind-blowing or anything, but it does seem remarkably true to the games (of which I'm hardly an expert in beyond super casually) and is totally solidly written, acted, and cast. This is like the whole creative team from Westworld and these guys seem to know what they're doing and the "tone" is just perfect.

I'll say one thing, the black guy character that becomes the squire for the Brotherhood of Steel... I'm sure this is by design, but man, what an annoyingly frustrating character. He's totally manic, and consistently makes the wrong decisions over and over again. I can imagine what they're "doing" here with him, but it's hard not to groan during every one of his scenes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 04:43 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's really good and funny. They balanced humor and the material from the game very well and all the leads are likeable.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:07 PM   #3
Roseangelo
Emperor

I watched it with a friend and we both really liked it.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2024, 06:55 PM   #4
Bahamut810
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I'll say one thing, the black guy character that becomes the squire for the Brotherhood of Steel... I'm sure this is by design, but man, what an annoyingly frustrating character. He's totally manic, and consistently makes the wrong decisions over and over again. I can imagine what they're "doing" here with him, but it's hard not to groan during every one of his scenes.
So I think there is a reason for that. I know that the Ghoul has the "Bloody Mess" perk. I think he has the "Idiot Savant" perk, which rewards you for having low intelligence.
Bahamut810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

So I finished it. I'm glad to see they actually turned Maximus completely around into a likeable character by the end. The ending could've used maybe one more episode to really flesh it out a bit more. Definitely there is a lot of "tune in next season" type stuff going on when I was hoping this would be more self-contained -- still open for a season 2, of course, but still solving all the mysteries THIS season dangled out there. And you know the ones.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote