The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-21-2021, 01:25 AM   #81
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Except Andrew never said anything about "marginalized and oppressed " people.
He wasn't yelling at Andrew, though, he was yelling at me.

Man, this forum makes for strange bedfellows. Sumac and I being on the same ideological side of the fence is like the time Ric Flair joined the nWo after they spent four years trying to murder him*. AWK-Waaaaaard!

*Dated wrestling reference made for the benefit of exactly three people

Quote:
Russian Cop? Nah, they would just immediately started punching people in a face, instead of talking.
Seriously? You mean Police Academy 7 lied to me? I refuse to believe you.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 01:28 AM   #82
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Man, this forum makes for strange bedfellows. Sumac and I being on the same ideological side of the fence is like the time Ric Flair joined the nWo after they spent four years trying to murder him*. AWK-Waaaaaard!
Not really, most people in Russia don't believe in any ideology or religions and think that most politicians are corrupted assholes.
It is closer to Fatalism, than Pragmatism though. This is why any resistance to corrupted leaders is more or less doomed here. People think its just fate and prefer to tolerate ********, until current Tsar dies, hoping that the next one will be better.

Quote:
Hah, well come over here for a visit and see for yourself.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:36 AM   #83
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:

Only if I get to see the place where Rocky won the Cold War by punching Communism to death. Also, you gotta throw in a few bottles'a that vodka made of anti-freeze.

Also, what percentage of Your People are bears riding unicycles? Family Guy claims 100%, but I think they exaggerate slightly. I'm guessing it's more like 65-72%. Am I close?

Some people might think I don't mean this, but I absolutely do: This has been a fun evening.

Old 07-21-2021, 01:54 AM   #84
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Only if I get to see the place where Rocky won the Cold War by punching Communism to death. Also, you gotta throw in a few bottles'a that vodka made of anti-freeze.

Also, what percentage of Your People are bears riding unicycles? Family Guy claims 100%, but I think they exaggerate slightly. I'm guessing it's more like 65-72%. Am I close?

Some people might think I don't mean this, but I absolutely do: This has been a fun evening.
Anti-Freeze Vodka? Bah, that's nothing on Nuclear Pelmeni!

Amount of bears on unicycles is a state secret, but I will ask local bear commisar in ushanka with balalaika.
Old 07-21-2021, 01:59 AM   #85
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Anti-Freeze Vodka? Bah, that's nothing on Nuclear Pelmeni!

Amount of bears on unicycles is a state secret, but I will ask local bear commisar in ushanka with balalaika.
That's neat! You might be interested to know that in America, the entire WNBA is just Koala bears on stilts.

We're not supposed to let that out, but... if you've ever watched a game and seen them try to run, jump, pass or shoot... you already know.

Old 07-21-2021, 04:59 AM   #86
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Man, this forum makes for strange bedfellows. Sumac and I being on the same ideological side of the fence is like the time Ric Flair joined the nWo after they spent four years trying to murder him*.
I told you you two would get along. And there you were trying to get him banned...

And Russian vodka? Imperia is amazing. About $70 a bottle (a 5th) around here if you can find it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 05:15 AM   #87
Leo656
The Franchise

We don't need to reopen old wounds. What's important to focus on Right Now is:
- Russians = Bears Riding Unicycles
- Hippies Suck
- The Yankees eat sh*t

Old 07-21-2021, 06:28 AM   #88
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Eh, I don't know. Raph is pretty pragmatic, he'd probably lean to the right.
I agree, though I think the other TMNT would be largely apolitical, mostly because they have no say in human politics. Leo especially would probably deter the others from caring about politics, though Raph would have some opinions that would make Leo roll his eyes and/or start arguments with.

Quote:
Also, being "right-wing" does not in and of itself make anyone "a bigot". This kind of thinking needs to stop, it does way more harm than good.

Could just say "bigots" without making it political, y'know?
This is very true. I'm center-left for the most part, but believe me, I've met with many people who are 'left-wing' who are very much subtly or overtly bigoted in their own ways. One time, a Democrat I knew assumed my family were illegal immigrants solely because we're hispanic. I was astounded by how she jumped to that conclusion immediately.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 06:38 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I remember going around with my mother a lot as a kid. A lot of the friends she would make of what I'm assuming were different political persuasions (no idea, this wasn't like a damning thing in the 80s and 90s as far as I can recall) would eventually ask -- and she never really lost her thick accent so I think that's why -- , "So you, eh... you aren't afraid you will be deported? I mean you never know!" But she immigrated here legally from Colombia after a years long battle in the late 70s. So she would just laugh. Later on, be mad about the preconceptions of most people ("if you're Hispanic, you must be illegal and like, hiding out, right?" no, not everyone that's Hispanic goes that route and no, nobody said it was easy doing it the right way... yes, I understand that large numbers of children had and have no say in these things).

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-21-2021 at 07:24 AM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:42 AM   #90
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Wow, this really got crazy and it's a TMNT topic, not something in say 'General Discussion'.

Also I keep forgetting Sophie is trans. I think it was mentioned to me somewhere before but I keep forgetting.

I have no problems with em tbh, my only concern is when things are taken too far where someone gets fired for accidentally dead-naming or misgendering someone, especially if they knew them pre-trans for an extended period of time, or that some take it so far as label you a transphobe if you don't sleep with them, no matter how politely and gentlemanly you do so decline.

Idk, I'm for equality in terms of us getting along, but not in the equity way and def not in the 'by force' way. That's why I can never be far left. I see where they're coming from, but death threats and taking by force is not the way.

Like that super straight thing, dude was an obvious troll and they took the bait. What opened my eyes was how many trans people were quick to talk about torturing and killing him and like-minded individuals.

Like at least my trans friends just called the guy and asshole and a bigot or what-have-you, but these others.... They wanted to boil the guy in his own blood and I'm sure a good 90% of these guys were NOT joking or being sarcastic.

Just... Stop the hate. Everyone.... Stop the hate.

oh um... Right.. Ninja Turtles.

I like the one with the red bandana. And the fork thingies. He's the one that says cowabunga like Bart Simpson, right?

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 10:46 AM   #91
Sumac
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by superstaff View Post
This is very true. I'm center-left for the most part, but believe me, I've met with many people who are 'left-wing' who are very much subtly or overtly bigoted in their own ways. One time, a Democrat I knew assumed my family were illegal immigrants solely because we're hispanic. I was astounded by how she jumped to that conclusion immediately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
I remember going around with my mother a lot as a kid. A lot of the friends she would make of what I'm assuming were different political persuasions (no idea, this wasn't like a damning thing in the 80s and 90s as far as I can recall) would eventually ask -- and she never really lost her thick accent so I think that's why -- , "So you, eh... you aren't afraid you will be deported? I mean you never know!" But she immigrated here legally from Colombia after a years long battle in the late 70s. So she would just laugh. Later on, be mad about the preconceptions of most people ("if you're Hispanic, you must be illegal and like, hiding out, right?" no, not everyone that's Hispanic goes that route and no, nobody said it was easy doing it the right way... yes, I understand that large numbers of children had and have no say in these things).
Damn that's rough, you have my sympathies.
Old 07-21-2021, 11:03 AM   #92
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
I remember an in-law that already knew I was an American said he was proud that my brother and I went through the whole citizenship process to be here legally. And I'm like 'dude... I was born here....'

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 07-21-2021, 11:09 AM   #93
superstaff
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I have a rocky relationship with my parents, but if there's one thing I am actually very proud of them for doing, it's coming to America through legal channels, and working toward getting their citizenship. It wasn't easy for them, or for my grandparents and aunts and uncles, who all came at around the same time. It's insulting for people to assume I (solely because of my name, since I was born in the US) or my family are 'illegals' because we're hispanic. Many hispanic people, including from crapsack countries (including my families'), came to the US legally.
superstaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:03 PM   #94
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
like the time Ric Flair joined the nWo after they spent four years trying to murder him*. AWK-Waaaaaard!

*Dated wrestling reference made for the benefit of exactly three people

Captain America voice- I... I caught that reference!

Old 07-21-2021, 12:12 PM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord

Man hearing about all these stories, am I one of the few white guys on this forum left? All 4 of my grandparents were born in America too, you have to go back to the 1800's before you find out my family is from somewhere in Eastern Europe.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:34 PM   #96
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Man hearing about all these stories, am I one of the few white guys on this forum left? All 4 of my grandparents were born in America too, you have to go back to the 1800's before you find out my family is from somewhere in Eastern Europe.
You don't count. You're an AI that was activated at the same time the Technodrome Forums came online that somehow gained self-awareness over the years.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:40 PM   #97
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I quit reading the ongoing until the direction is over. I see that its going to continue so long as Campbell is the writer. It's the political issues consuming the comic that makes me feel like I have lost what I enjoy. Still though it has nothing to do with what the writer is, but what I want in a TMNT comic has become foreign to what is presented. It greatly disappoints me and I look forward to the likelihood of picking it up again. Please do not make this thread into an ongoing debate about social issues. It is playing into what extremist want and may be used to further justify what has ruined the comic for me. Let's wait for the annual to discuss and what is predictable and not predictable in The Last Ronin. We can be civil and discuss like adults but when the letter column has become the most interesting thing in the comic and all we can focus on is the social issues that are dominating the story it shows how bad the state of the comic has become.
Old 07-21-2021, 12:43 PM   #98
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
I quit reading the ongoing until the direction is over. I see that its going to continue so long as Campbell is the writer. It's the political issues consuming the comic that makes me feel like I have lost what I enjoy. Still though it has nothing to do with what the writer is, but what I want in a TMNT comic has become foreign to what is presented. It greatly disappoints me and I look forward to the likelihood of picking it up again. Please do not make this thread into an ongoing debate about social issues. It is playing into what extremist want and may be used to further justify what has ruined the comic for me. Let's wait for the annual to discuss and what is predictable and not predictable in The Last Ronin. We can be civil and discuss like adults but when the letter column has become the most interesting thing in the comic and all we can focus on is the social issues that are dominating the story it shows how bad the state of the comic has become.
That's the price you pay when Campbell places agenda over story, politics over the actual characters, her OCs above the Turtles themselves.

Old 07-21-2021, 12:48 PM   #99
ChosenOne
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMusic View Post
Also conservative ideology on the whole is evil and manipulative.
Go tell that to Dina Stars. Or the Unknown Protester. Just to name two out of billions of examples.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMusic View Post
(...) unless I end up seeing something too heinous to ignore.
That'll be quite an achievement, considering the amount of heinous things in your "utopian" ideology you already ignore because they're inconvenient.

Quote:
Quote:
But where do you stand on the spitting of boiled eggs from mouth to mouth thing, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
I like the one with the red bandana. And the fork thingies. He's the one that says cowabunga like Bart Simpson, right?
That doesn't sound right coming from Raph. I always equate "Cowabunga!" with Mikey.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2021, 12:52 PM   #100
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
That doesn't sound right coming from Raph. I always equate "Cowabunga!" with Mikey.
That was the joke, lmao.