The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-22-2018, 08:01 PM   #16341
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Anyway, I refuse to believe WWE would sink THIS LOW.

Poor Roman. Plus he has a wife and kids. Imagine what they're going through right now as well.

I hope he recovers and beats leukemia for good.
Yeah, aside from his daughter he and his wife had before they married he has twin sons a year and a half old. I know I am in the minority, but I don't have reason to care about RAW now with the angles I followed in a real fight for life. This could not have been known about any earlier than Thursday of last week. I had no idea he had cancer while at GT and he is still quite young. He beat it before and is quite healthy otherwise so there is no reason to think he cannot beat it a second time.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #16342
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Yeah, aside from his daughter he and his wife had before they married he has twin sons a year and a half old. I know I am in the minority, but I don't have reason to care about RAW now with the angles I followed in a real fight for life. This could not have been known about any earlier than Thursday of last week. I had no idea he had cancer while at GT and he is still quite young. He beat it before and is quite healthy otherwise so there is no reason to think he cannot beat it a second time.
I had no idea he had it before, tbh. I saw his speech a bit ago and that's how I learned it. Then again, he wasn't well-known at all in 2007, so I guess that's why I missed that.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:19 PM   #16343
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Doesn't make cancer any less scary or predictable. I hope he'll be alright.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:29 PM   #16344
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Doesn't make cancer any less scary or predictable. I hope he'll be alright.
Yeah that's another scary aspect about cancer... often it can come back.

Roman could seriously die from this, so let's be cautious.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:54 PM   #16345
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, hopefully it'll pass. Nobody needs that sh*t.

I'm not rich, so cancer scares the sh*t outta me. It's still more or less a death sentence if you're not in a high enough income bracket. Fighting for your life is prohibitively expensive.

Soooo I just try not to think about it much, because if I get it, there's not much I can do about it. Not much in this life scares me, but cancer sure does.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:03 PM   #16346
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yeah, hopefully it'll pass. Nobody needs that sh*t.

I'm not rich, so cancer scares the sh*t outta me. It's still more or less a death sentence if you're not in a high enough income bracket. Fighting for your life is prohibitively expensive.

Soooo I just try not to think about it much, because if I get it, there's not much I can do about it. Not much in this life scares me, but cancer sure does.
Plus, even rich people die of cancer frequently. Steve Jobs, for example. It's unpredictable as hell.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:13 PM   #16347
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

And Dean just turned heel. AFTER he and Seth won the tag team titles.

Tonight has just been a f*ckload of emotions.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:14 PM   #16348
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Plus, even rich people die of cancer frequently. Steve Jobs, for example. It's unpredictable as hell.
Steve Jobs thought that eating nothing but fruit made him superhuman. That's partly how he got cancer in the first place and partly how it accelerated so quickly.

Steve Jobs was a f*cking idiot at everything except making money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XERO View Post
And Dean just turned heel. AFTER he and Seth won the tag team titles.
Kinda transparent, though. "We don't need The Shield anymore to get Reigns over, so let's just do Wacky Mismatched Tag Team Champions Who Hate Each Other." That NEVER sucks.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:17 PM   #16349
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Steve Jobs thought that eating nothing but fruit made him superhuman. That's partly how he got cancer in the first place and partly how it accelerated so quickly.

Steve Jobs was a f*cking idiot at everything except making money.
I had no idea about that.

Nothing but fruit? Well he must have lost a lot of weight, then.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:20 PM   #16350
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
I had no idea about that.

He also washed his feet in the toilet. And he had a daughter, denied that he was the father, refused to support the mother financially, only got involved in her life much later when she was almost an adult, and rubbed her face constantly in the fact that he wasn't going to leave her anything when he died. To his credit, he DID keep his promise, so at least there's that.

Dude was a piece of sh*t. Maybe didn't deserve cancer but most people who knew him don't miss him.

Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 PM   #16351
XERO
Hybrid Theorist

Quote:
Must be why it's called Apple.

"Travel at the speed of light... then hit the nitro!"
XERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:39 PM   #16352
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
He also washed his feet in the toilet. And he had a daughter, denied that he was the father, refused to support the mother financially, only got involved in her life much later when she was almost an adult, and rubbed her face constantly in the fact that he wasn't going to leave her anything when he died. To his credit, he DID keep his promise, so at least there's that.

Dude was a piece of sh*t. Maybe didn't deserve cancer but most people who knew him don't miss him.
I had no idea about that either. All I know was the guy was kind of a loud mouthed egomaniac, so I guess that's not surprising.

Tbh I expected Apple to die with him. yet it remained popular. never saw the appeal of that brand. Overpriced devices mostly due to their design. Aren't Macs incompatible with a lot of things? Or used to be, at least. As for iphones, I dunno what advantages they have over other phones, but I seriously doubt it's worth paying twice or more as much for a phone for those features.

Honestly, most people I've met that own Apple products are either hipsters or upper middle class people showing off their status and wealth. That's what Apple comes across to me like: a status symbol.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:07 PM   #16353
Coola Yagami
Overlord

The heel turn tonight of nights just felt in bad taste. I guess with Reigns out, Vince just couldn't pull the plug on the SHIELD fast enough. And they just released more shirts too.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Old 10-23-2018, 04:21 AM   #16354
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I thought the turn was well timed, turned what was otherwise a solemn night into a dramatically solemn one. It also gives Dean nuclear heat that won't be eroded by the ironic crowd for weeks down the road.

Art does not need to always be a pretty portrait.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:36 AM   #16355
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I thought the turn was well timed, turned what was otherwise a solemn night into a dramatically solemn one. It also gives Dean nuclear heat that won't be eroded by the ironic crowd for weeks down the road.

Art does not need to always be a pretty portrait.
I felt out of respect they could have dropped the whole angle. I would have preferred a longer SHIELD run before this happened, especially since their original comeback attempt was ruined by injuries. It's like the SHIELD just came back and everyone was already eager to break them up.

Old 10-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #16356
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I feel guilty because I had two initial thoughts on the Reigns situation. The first thought is, "Would Vince go this far to get him over?" which was probably a common thought and the other was "Man this sucks, the guy I watch to lead the Shield means the end of the angle and his hard fought for championship is over just like that. Can't watch this show for awhile". It did come out of nowhere and I don't think his cancer diagnosis while at Georgia Tech was public. While I am shocked and disappointed in my interest being taken away I realize WWE needed to move forward. However, the inevitable heel turn of Dean Ambrose could have waited a week just so it would not paint the idea The Shield reunited to get Roman cheers and without him they are no longer needed.I read a report that the implosion likely would not happen until April with Dean facing Seth and The Rock facing Roman at WM 35,but it was all speculation though the implosion being held off was backed by early advertisements. I have the Roman Reigns and Undertaker figures on my desk still and students commented on it. Sorry guys, I am just in shock and truly hope this does not take Joe away from us so early especially after he lost his much older brother. His parents are reeling and then the 9 year old daughter and toddler sons cannot lose the fourth generation favorite son of the WWE Universe.

Seth/Colby's genuine emotion was touching and made it worse. I wonder if the lockroom was briefed before Roman braved the ring. Props to Braun/ Adam's out of character tweet too.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:38 PM   #16357
Coola Yagami
Overlord

They're still acting like Cena and DB are in Crown Jewel. I guess they're hoping they can still work something out in time before the event so both men can still perform.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:18 AM   #16358
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
They're still acting like Cena and DB are in Crown Jewel. I guess they're hoping they can still work something out in time before the event so both men can still perform.
I heard they're scouting new locations so they can move the event somewhere more neutral
Old 10-24-2018, 08:59 PM   #16359
Coola Yagami
Overlord

There are rumors that Alexa Bliss might not be cleared to compete at Evolution. She wasn't at the last Smackdown episode and it seems Alica Fox was brought in during that segment to kinda open the door for her to take her place should Bliss not be able to compete.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:51 AM   #16360
ZariusTwo
Overlord

WWE's official app now list Crown Jewel's location as "null, null", and there are fresh rumours it's being moved to Manchester on November 3rd

http://whatculture.com/wwe/wwe-crown...o-manchester-2

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling