The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #261
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
That is what I have been wondering too for a while. Where is he going to keep all of these people? How is he going to house them all? They all need to eat and have a place to sleep (and to be honest here) they have to use the um, facilities. (Plus as Mikey aptly pointed out, those hairy menfolk in Shredder's lair stink too, since they likely aren't showering enough.) How many guys will he keep adding? Surely there has to be a limit.

Maybe they'll demutate him? It would be a way to 'put him on a bus' or even make him a very loose ally of the Turtles if Donnie offers to help him. I don't think he'd want to spend the rest of his life as a fish mutant.
I doubt he would go against Shredder just to be demutated. It was made very clear in "Baxter's Gambit" that Xever was loyal to Shredder when he responded to Raphael's question, "So, why is a guy like you working for a creep like Shredder?" (Or something similar to this.) Also, Shredder's the main reason he's out of jail, so that's mostly why he chooses to stay with Shredder, to repay him for busting him out.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:00 PM   #262
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I now have this hilarious mental image of Shredder's mutants being a bunch of slackers, fighting over who gets the top bunk, lounging around on the couch in their boxer shorts, arguing over action movies and Shredder getting ticked off with supporting them all. You just know that none of them are paying rent.
Plus many menfolk tend to end up not having such PG rated conversations when there's a bunch of other men around, and quite a few end up having those secretive funny mags they're so fond of for some reason. That's what I imagine men like to do, unless I don't know men that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCLeo28
I doubt he would go against Shredder just to be demutated. It was made very clear in "Baxter's Gambit" that Xever was loyal to Shredder when he responded to Raphael's question, "So, why is a guy like you working for a creep like Shredder?" (Or something similar to this.) Also, Shredder's the main reason he's out of jail, so that's mostly why he chooses to stay with Shredder, to repay him for busting him out.
I'm also wondering if he just doesn't stay with Shredder now because he has nowhere to go. As a fish mutant, he can't really go anywhere (he needs Baxter to keep his breather gear maintained) and as a human Shredder would ship his butt back to jail or get him deported. It's hard to tell though since this season he hasn't really been developed much as others have said, and mostly degenerated down now to comic relief.
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:32 PM   #263
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

Housing for Shredder's minions, huh? Well, I know we haven't seen it since the s1 finale, but there's always the Technodrome. I'd honestly like to see Shredder and crew move to this puppy eventually. Wonder how that alliance is going between Shredder and the Kraang, and if Bebop and Rocksteady might have anything to do with it's undoing or strengthening. Or Shredder could tighten his grip on the Purple Dragon gang and have them house some of the minions. They might be pretty compliant if threatened with a hoard of robotic Foot Soldiers. Or Shredder's mutants might be enough to sway them. Now if B and R turn out to be former Purple Dragon members, there's no telling what that might bring about. lol Housing all those mutants might prove to be a chore over time. Good imaginations, folks.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:45 PM   #264
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
Housing for Shredder's minions, huh? Well, I know we haven't seen it since the s1 finale, but there's always the Technodrome. I'd honestly like to see Shredder and crew move to this puppy eventually. Wonder how that alliance is going between Shredder and the Kraang, and if Bebop and Rocksteady might have anything to do with it's undoing or strengthening. Or Shredder could tighten his grip on the Purple Dragon gang and have them house some of the minions. They might be pretty compliant if threatened with a hoard of robotic Foot Soldiers. Or Shredder's mutants might be enough to sway them. Now if B and R turn out to be former Purple Dragon members, there's no telling what that might bring about. lol Housing all those mutants might prove to be a chore over time. Good imaginations, folks.
Bebop in his ore mutated form is going to be in the next episode. Check out the preview clips. That's obviously him, unless they just recycled his design.
Old 06-13-2014, 10:46 PM   #265
Casey
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here is Bebop's Human form, Took a little screen capture from the clip.

http://i58.tinypic.com/2le6y6r.jpg
Didn't see that someone had already posted a screencap.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:17 PM   #266
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
Plus many menfolk tend to end up not having such PG rated conversations when there's a bunch of other men around, and quite a few end up having those secretive funny mags they're so fond of for some reason. That's what I imagine men like to do, unless I don't know men that well.
Yeah, I can see it now... men's magazines scattered all over the "henchmen" quarters, empty packets of corn chips and empty bottles of protein shakes collecting dust in the corners, workout equipment, dirty dishes and piles of unwashed clothing everywhere... a miasma of body odour that you could cut with a knife, and fights constantly breaking out over whose turn it is on the X-box (or whatever video game machine they're choosing to use)... sounds like pure comedy fodder.

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:11 AM   #267
DarthEmpress
Thug

Bebop looks hot and crazy, but I'm depressed because, just like Xever, his awesome visage is going to be destroyed when he mutates. Of course, the #1 thing this show needs is more mutants...
DarthEmpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 09:33 AM   #268
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
Yeah, I can see it now... men's magazines scattered all over the "henchmen" quarters, empty packets of corn chips and empty bottles of protein shakes collecting dust in the corners, workout equipment, dirty dishes and piles of unwashed clothing everywhere... a miasma of body odour that you could cut with a knife, and fights constantly breaking out over whose turn it is on the X-box (or whatever video game machine they're choosing to use)... sounds like pure comedy fodder.
I think the aroma that all of these dudes would create would probably get to me the worst. Odds are they still sweat (and being men, they sweat profusely) and the stink would be a bad mixture of greasy hair smell, underarm odor, and testosterone (yes, that does have a smell.)

They'd probably have X-Box One or something, although they'd be putting with the annoying 11 year old brats that infest COD and Halo. I could see Tigerclaw getting mad at some of these kids the few times he does try the X-Box, yelling at them after some kid calls his mother a whore or he gets one-shot-killed by some dude using a haxx.

I would love to see hear their comments though when they watch a movie, especially if it turns out to be a bad one. Sometimes the best parts of a movie from what other people say while watching it, and I'd love to hear them rip on Troll or Leprechaun 4: In Space.

One thing I did think of when I say Bebop's post mutation picture is, it looks like most of his clothes are welded to his body now. Even his jacket, and maybe even his pants and visor. Won't that cause.. issues later?
Metalwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:29 AM   #269
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

God! lol! Poor Bebop! Hadn't thought of that! This little piggy has problems.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:09 PM   #270
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

I wonder if we haven't already seen Rocksteady's human form?
I was thinking perhaps it's this guy Steranko as Rocksteady seems to have quite a bit of gold on him from the image Playmates posted.
And he has two knuckles presumably made of gold (just like the image of Rocksteady.
http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/Steranko
I'm not going to lie, I'm more than sure it's going to be him.
I mean look at these 2

You can't tell me I'm not on to something here.

Last edited by VaughnMichael; 06-14-2014 at 12:14 PM.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #271
blindturtle02
Foot Elite

That, and he's voiced by Fred Tatasciore who tends to voice somewhat beastly characters.
Old 06-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #272
MCLeo28
Hench Mutant

That is actually an interesting observation and they do bear some similarities. It seems strange to me to have such a minor character play a huge part later, but the gold plating and the similar blue eyes probably does suggest that he will be Rocksteady.
MCLeo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:59 PM   #273
CyberCubed
Overlord

That guys looks way too tall to be Rocksteady. I really don't see it because he had such a minor role in the episode and they didn't make a big deal out of him at all.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #274
NitpickingMask
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
That guys looks way too tall to be Rocksteady. I really don't see it because he had such a minor role in the episode and they didn't make a big deal out of him at all.
On other hand, character DOES have unique appearance that hasn't been reused.

Would be random though if Rocksteady is some random Russian mafia guy
NitpickingMask is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #275
CyberCubed
Overlord

That's another thing, do you really think Rocksteady will have a Russian accent in the show? I can't see it.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #276
pennydreadful
trash

Quote:
One thing I did think of when I say Bebop's post mutation picture is, it looks like most of his clothes are welded to his body now. Even his jacket, and maybe even his pants and visor. Won't that cause.. issues later?
As far as having excuses for smelling bad go... that's a pretty legit one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
I wonder if we haven't already seen Rocksteady's human form?
I was thinking perhaps it's this guy Steranko as Rocksteady seems to have quite a bit of gold on him from the image Playmates posted.
And he has two knuckles presumably made of gold (just like the image of Rocksteady.
I think you could definitely be onto something there!

Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #277
Ninjinister
無問題

Shoot, you're absolutely right, Vaughn. Look at Rocksteady's golden knuckle plates. They have the hammer and sickle on them just as Steranko's do.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:15 PM   #278
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think that's Rocksteady they would never make him Russian. Like Bebop he probably hasn't been shown yet.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #279
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I don't think that's Rocksteady they would never make him Russian. Like Bebop he probably hasn't been shown yet.
Shut up, Cubed.

Rocksteady's obviously got the hammer and sickle on his hands.
Old 06-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #280
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Interesting find. Rocksteady could be Steranko or they could've just reused the shoulder spikes and knuckle plates from his design. Maybe we find out tomorrow.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bebop, nick, rocksteady