The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-05-2011, 11:43 AM   #21
Shellsweet
Foot Soldier

Thank you so much MS!

I've been doing my best by keeping up with the dates, and often got the wrong dates because they would constantly change sometimes!

So, I can't tell you how much this is appreciated!

Ask me about Commissions!
Shellsweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:14 PM   #22
Venom
Space Knight

Update the Ult. Collection Vol. 2 to January and add a Vol.1 reprint to the TBD list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow
Good news, the Ultimate Collection is sold out at distributor level, and we'll most likely be doing another printing.

This bodes well for the future of these books. Signs point to us doing Ultimate Collections for all the Eastman and Laird Mirage Vol. 1 issues, including- notably- City at War, most likely broken up into two volumes.

More news as it is solidified.

(and FYI, Kevin's been held up by his recent gallery opening, so we're not quite finished with his new contributions to Ultimate Volume 2. Hopefully we're a couple weeks away from that, and from there it will be about 6 weeks to in store date. So we're probably a couple months away from that hitting stores)
Old 12-05-2011, 01:23 PM   #23
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Update the Ult. Collection Vol. 2 to January and add a Vol.1 reprint to the TBD list.

Got em! Do you or anyone else know the dates of the printes for #1 and the rest of the regular series... Those would be nice to include as well...

-ms
Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 PM   #24
Venom
Space Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
Got em! Do you or anyone else know the dates of the printes for #1 and the rest of the regular series... Those would be nice to include as well...

-ms
Print dates? As in when the the issues originally went to the printers?

If so then that would be a question best posited to Bobby.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #25
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Print dates? As in when the the issues originally went to the printers?

If so then that would be a question best posited to Bobby.
Sale dates. Like when they went on sale...

-ms
Old 12-15-2011, 01:53 PM   #26
Abnormal Freak
Stone Warrior

I really hope IDW start publishing the microseries and other related issues the same week the regular ongoing issue is out. My LCS is a bit of a drive, so making two trips in two weeks for just two comics is a major hassle for me. I suppose I could just keep one on hold till I come in the next week, but then I get anxious over not being able to read the new issue. :(
Old 12-15-2011, 07:40 PM   #27
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Can anyone confirm a release date for #8? I am thinking 3-28-11 since Infestation is on the 21st... Just not sure...

Thanks!

-ms
Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 PM   #28
Bobby Curnow
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Don Micro should hopefully come out 2/29/12.

Leo comes out mid April, if all goes to plan.
Bobby Curnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #29
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Curnow View Post
Don Micro should hopefully come out 2/29/12.

Leo comes out mid April, if all goes to plan.
Awesome! Thanks for letting us know. Keep the info coming!

-ms
Old 12-15-2011, 08:13 PM   #30
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abnormal Freak View Post
I really hope IDW start publishing the microseries and other related issues the same week the regular ongoing issue is out.
Not me, I'd rather them spread it out. Like for Green Lantern, nowadays it's pretty neat to have Red Lanterns come out one week, Green Lantern the next week, Green Lantern Corps the week after that, and Green Lantern: New Guardians the week after that.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #31
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not me, I'd rather them spread it out. Like for Green Lantern, nowadays it's pretty neat to have Red Lanterns come out one week, Green Lantern the next week, Green Lantern Corps the week after that, and Green Lantern: New Guardians the week after that.
I concur. It gets me out of the house more too and looking at other stuff as well.

-ms
Old 01-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #32
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Does anyone know when IDW puts out their previews every month? I just want to know when to expect the Leo one-shot cover to be revealed.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:52 PM   #33
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

It's usually around the middle of the month. Anywhere from the 15th to the 20thish is when I usually expect them to be posted.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:54 PM   #34
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
It's usually around the middle of the month. Anywhere from the 15th to the 20thish is when I usually expect them to be posted.
Thanks for the info.
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #35
pihb
Hench Mutant

Thanks for this.

I have a question, I am new to really reading the TMNT comics, I grew up on the movies and TV show. Whith so many cover variations that come out with each release, how does one know what ones will be more valuable, and what ones to try and get?

Also, what are all the collection releases that are coming out?
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:41 AM   #36
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by pihb View Post
Thanks for this.

I have a question, I am new to really reading the TMNT comics, I grew up on the movies and TV show. Whith so many cover variations that come out with each release, how does one know what ones will be more valuable, and what ones to try and get?

Also, what are all the collection releases that are coming out?
The more "valuable" comics are going to be the retailer incentive variants, such as the RI-A,B,C,D covers for #1, and retailer exclusive variants, like the Jetpack Comics variants and VA Comic Con variants.

Comics in general have been stuck in a buyers market for about 10 years now. There were rarer comics and variant covers that I got a great deal on 5 years ago buying them for $20 a pop that are now only worth $8. I wouldn't really get into it for the money, unless you can really shell out and pay for the really rare variants up front, such as the TMNT #1 RI D Eastman hand sketches (1:50 incentive) that are sure to go up in the future.

A break down of the cover ratios might give you a better idea of what issues are harder to come by and thus have a better chance of being worth more in the future.

Cover A is the standard cover (except for #5 which is a cover error, where cover B is the standard cover)
Cover B come in a 1:4 ratio (for every 5 copies of the book, 1 is cover B, 4 are cover A)
Retailer Incentive A (RI-A) is the 1:10 variant (the retailer orders 10 copies, they get one of these for free. So 100 copies ordered get 10 RI variants)
Retailer Incentive B (RI-B) is the 1:25 variant (order 25 copies get one of these for free. 100 copies = 4 variants of this.)

For the first issue there are way more covers, I recommend checking out Rich's site to help you track them all down. For issue #1 I believe covers A,B,C,D that feature the turtles all had an equal pack in rate.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #37
pihb
Hench Mutant

Thanks for the feedback. My girlfriend bought me number 3 with the black and white turtles cover for christmas, it then inspired me to pick up the rest of the releases. I am not overly picky on the cover as long as I like it. I care more about having it than how much money I will make off it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropoliskid41 View Post
The more "valuable" comics are going to be the retailer incentive variants, such as the RI-A,B,C,D covers for #1, and retailer exclusive variants, like the Jetpack Comics variants and VA Comic Con variants.

Comics in general have been stuck in a buyers market for about 10 years now. There were rarer comics and variant covers that I got a great deal on 5 years ago buying them for $20 a pop that are now only worth $8. I wouldn't really get into it for the money, unless you can really shell out and pay for the really rare variants up front, such as the TMNT #1 RI D Eastman hand sketches (1:50 incentive) that are sure to go up in the future.

A break down of the cover ratios might give you a better idea of what issues are harder to come by and thus have a better chance of being worth more in the future.

Cover A is the standard cover (except for #5 which is a cover error, where cover B is the standard cover)
Cover B come in a 1:4 ratio (for every 5 copies of the book, 1 is cover B, 4 are cover A)
Retailer Incentive A (RI-A) is the 1:10 variant (the retailer orders 10 copies, they get one of these for free. So 100 copies ordered get 10 RI variants)
Retailer Incentive B (RI-B) is the 1:25 variant (order 25 copies get one of these for free. 100 copies = 4 variants of this.)

For the first issue there are way more covers, I recommend checking out Rich's site to help you track them all down. For issue #1 I believe covers A,B,C,D that feature the turtles all had an equal pack in rate.
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:56 PM   #38
Metropoliskid41
Stone Warrior

The black and white cover for #3 is the 1:10 retailer incentive variant, so a nice cover you got there! Hope you enjoy the series and picking up the covers. Its been tough for me to track them all down but I've enjoyed it and the wide range the covers have. Now most of the issues will only have 3 covers to pick up, the A,B and 1:10 Retailer Incentive cover, so it should be easier from here on out! Glad I could help!
Old 01-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #39
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Is issue six delayed?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
Toby Barrett
Stone Warrior

Yeah, it comes out the 25th.
Toby Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags